No announcement yet.

Everything Vince Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Vince is mature enough or at a good place too where he would understand some games he might play 25 min, some games he might not play. We can't bring Anyone in demanding a consistent role
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I think Vince is mature enough or at a good place too where he would understand some games he might play 25 min, some games he might not play. We can't bring Anyone in demanding a consistent role
      Sorry, Vince should never get more than 2.5 minutes never mind 25, are you serious?
      Sure Kyle and DeMar would like to play with him, at their age they were probably fans of his and had his poster on their bedroom walls lol

It was the FANS he screwed over, dogging it on the court, admitting he didn't give full effort while forcing a trade that gave us zero return and set the club back for years.

He quit on the team and quit on the fans. Forgiven but not forgotten, he's had his video tribute no go away Vince Quitter-Carter.

Why can't we just celebrate a good team we have today instead of trying to prop up a friggin' dunk contest winner as some sort of bright spot in a mediocre history?....let the bench mob continue to rule and don't chance blowing their chemistry for so little upside possible

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
        Sorry, Vince should never get more than 2.5 minutes never mind 25, are you serious?
        Sure Kyle and DeMar would like to play with him, at their age they were probably fans of his and had his poster on their bedroom walls lol

It was the FANS he screwed over, dogging it on the court, admitting he didn't give full effort while forcing a trade that gave us zero return and set the club back for years.

He quit on the team and quit on the fans. Forgiven but not forgotten, he's had his video tribute no go away Vince Quitter-Carter.

Why can't we just celebrate a good team we have today instead of trying to prop up a friggin' dunk contest winner as some sort of bright spot in a mediocre history?....let the bench mob continue to rule and don't chance blowing their chemistry for so little upside possible
        I understand any fans negative feelings towards VC. Having said that, can he help the team, right now? Will the team accept him? Should Masao ignore Carter if he is available, and the answer to the two questions above is yes?

I suspect the bulk of the existing fans out there today just want the Raptors to win as much as possible. If VC helps that happen, the fans are good with it.

Comment

• Sentimental reasons aside, to me it comes down to adding a veteran 3-pt shooter off the bench, but at which position?

1st choice is at PF, so that would be Ilyasova. 2nd choice would be SG/SF as insurance for Miles, so that's VC or Belli. It's basically a coin flip, where I'd give the nod to Vince because of his clutch shooting history. Belli is younger, yes, but he also seems like he's been a more streaky shooter over his career. Last thing we need is a veteran 3-pt shooter going cold in the playoffs, missing wide open shots.
          Last edited by golden; Sat Feb 10, 2018, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            Sentimental reasons aside, to me it comes down to adding a veteran 3-pt shooter off the bench, but at which position?

1st choice is at PF, so that would be Ilyasova. 2nd choice would be SG/SF as insurance for Miles, so that's VC or Belli. It's basically a coin flip, where I'd give the nod to Vince because of his clutch shooting history. Belli is younger, yes, but he also Belli seems like he's been a more streaky shooter over his career. Last thing we need is a veteran 3-pt shooter going cold in the playoffs, missing wide open shots.
            Difference being Vince can slot 2-4 in the lineup whereas bellinelli is a 2 or a small 3.

Comment

• Vince at the 4?

WTF are you smoking, Keon?
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                Vince at the 4?

WTF are you smoking, Keon?
                When ibaka or siakam is at the 5. Raptors will go small against Cleveland and Milwaukee etc

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  When ibaka or siakam is at the 5. Raptors will go small against Cleveland and Milwaukee etc
                  And Vince has played some PF in SAC this year. It’s gone badly, but hard to blame that on Vince at the 4 - almost every look has been bad for SAC this year. They are bad.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'd take Vince over Beli any time.Sac city has to buy him out and he has to ask them to do this.If he is motivated enough this would be a perfect fit.

Comment

• Two-years-ago-Vince would have been good to have. He won't make much impact at this point given his decline and the Raptors' depth, but the storyline would be nice. He's not a better 3 pt shooter than miles and he's not a better defender than Powell.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        And Vince has played some PF in SAC this year. It’s gone badly, but hard to blame that on Vince at the 4 - almost every look has been bad for SAC this year. They are bad.
                        Everything they touch turns to shit. With that said

How ridiculously ironic would it be if the kings (of all teams) turned Bruno (of all people) into a good pro

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Two-years-ago-Vince would have been good to have. He won't make much impact at this point given his decline and the Raptors' depth, but the storyline would be nice. He's not a better 3 pt shooter than miles and he's not a better defender than Powell.
                          But he's a better all around player than either guy in short spurts. Situational, injury insurance, break glass in case of emergency. It only works if he's ok with wild minute fluctuations game to game imo- excepting some DNPs

Comment

• Vince did do this to the Cavaliers once before so you never know:

Is that shot the best Vince dunk photo of all time? I don't even know how it's physically possible to do that without a trampoline.

Comment

• That photo is iconic but I don't think he was even close to completing it lol

Comment

• Had to look it up again, you're right that's a fastbreak oop that missed badly, he went sailing across the baseline and landed on his face.

Comment

Working...
                                X