Likes Likes:  3,836
Page 464 of 711 FirstFirst ... 364 414 454 462 463 464 465 466 474 514 564 ... LastLast
Results 9,261 to 9,280 of 14217

Thread: Politics - The Legend Continues...

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Bendit's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On a certain level all this assasination is not making too much sense. But then again. Russia have elections coming up, the methodology used is a direct pointer to a m.o. used by Russia previously, there is an on-going investigation in the US...and the world cup...
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    On a certain level all this assasination is not making too much sense. But then again. Russia have elections coming up, the methodology used is a direct pointer to a m.o. used by Russia previously, there is an on-going investigation in the US...and the world cup...
    I have already applied for WC tickets/visa/FAN ID, but under England fans section. England boycott = I'm fu**ed.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Purely speculation on my part, but I wonder if the Russian actions in the UK were designed to act as a warning to complicit parties around the world that betraying Russia has lethal consequences

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    Purely speculation on my part, but I wonder if the Russian actions in the UK were designed to act as a warning to complicit parties around the world that betraying Russia has lethal consequences
    Yeah... Manafort would be top of the list. Rather a drastic reaction though... must be scared about something brewing re possible revelations.

Not sure how the UK would retaliate though other than the usual sending back some diplomatic types. The problem with these spy investigations is that in order to make the case it was the Russians conclusively they have to reveal sources and methods. And this is done rarely.
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Raptors Republic Superstar Maury's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This Russian stuff needs to be made into a movie.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Tillerson SecofState fired via Twitter. Incredibly cowardly.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah... Manafort would be top of the list. Rather a drastic reaction though... must be scared about something brewing re possible revelations.

Not sure how the UK would retaliate though other than the usual sending back some diplomatic types. The problem with these spy investigations is that in order to make the case it was the Russians conclusively they have to reveal sources and methods. And this is done rarely.
    From Guardian:

1) Expulsion of diplomats
    A minimalist option deployed by David Cameron’s government after the poisoning with polonium of Alexander Litvinenko in 2006. Expulsion of the ambassador would be a major step, but would leave the UK bereft of a high-level conduit to Moscow. Retaliation, including the expulsion of the UK ambassador from Russia, would probably follow, putting UK relations in a deep freeze.

2) Ask Ofcom to declare that Russian media outlets such as RT are not fit to hold a broadcasting licence
    Public figures including shadow cabinet members, or the football manager José Mourinho, could be formally encouraged to pull out of the lucrative contracts they have signed to appear on RT. Such a move would be welcomed at least in France, where strong measures have been taken against fake news after allegations of Russian interference in the French presidential elections.

3) Seek support in the EU for sports officials not to attend the World Cup
    This would not involve a boycott by footballers, but, in any case, many countries are unlikely to want to follow suit.

4) Introduce amendments to the sanctions and anti-money laundering bill

Guardian Today: the headlines, the analysis, the debate - sent direct to you
    Read more
    The legislation could be amended to allow stronger sanctions against human rights abusers, such as the persecutors of Sergei Magnitsky, a Russian tax accountant who died in jail in Russia after revealing details of massive state-sponsored fraud.

The Foreign Office says it already has full confiscatory powers, but under pressure from Tory backbenchers such as Richard Benyon, and the Europe minister, Sir Alan Duncan, said ministers were minded to support a Magnitsky clause once the bill reaches report stage and the technical legal definitions of gross human rights abuse have been resolved. But ministers see this as a symbolic act to assuage public opinion.

5) Freeze assets of Russian oligarchs unable to explain sources of London property wealth
    This would be legally risky and might hit as many Putin opponents as allies.

6) Seek further EU-wide sanctions on Russia
    Russia, country under the most sanctions in the world apart from North Korea, has proved resilient to punitive measures. It is often a battle to persuade Germany, Italy and Greece to maintain existing EU sanctions against Russia over Ukraine. Most experts say these sanctions reduced Russian growth by only 1% last year. In a recent report the Estonian intelligence agency said Putin “uses western sanctions to shield himself from criticism of a failed economic policy”, saying they help “to some degree to paper over the fundamental weaknesses in the economy”.

In the US, sanctions are being driven by Congress, not the White House, mainly through the Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act passed in August. The law aims to punish Russia for its alleged meddling in the 2016 US presidential election.

In support of the act, Congress demanded the US Treasury name and shame those who had benefited from close association with Putin and put them on notice that they could be targeted for sanctions, or more sanctions, in the future. No one on the list has been put under sanctions, and it appears to have been derived from a Forbes magazine list of Russian businessmen.

7) Step up Nato presence on the Russian border
    The British army already has a four-year rotational presence, but moves closer to Belarus would send a signal.

The Trump administration says it has already asked to increase funding for the European Deterrence Initiative, a Barack Obama-era programme aimed at bolstering Nato’s defences against Russia, by almost $2bn. The White House says it has provided the Ukrainian military with extra arms for east Ukraine.

Nato can also step up the strategic pressure on Moscow by speeding the process of admitting Ukraine into provisional Nato membership through agreeing a membership action plan. Similar encouragement can be offered in the Balkans, a key area of conflict with Russia. The EU foreign policy chief, Federica Mogherini, is visiting Ukraine this week on the fourth anniversary of the annexation of Crimea.

8) Designate Russia as a state sponsor of terrorism
    In the US, designation results in a variety of unilateral sanctions, including a ban on arms-related exports and sales, prohibitions on economic assistance, and other punitive measures.

9) Cut Russian banks off from Swift
    Some Russian banks linked to Iran have been cut off from the international system for the exchange of financial data (Swift). This might weaken Russia’s ability to trade internationally, but Russian banks have switched to a Russian payment system called SPFS set up with larger non-G7 countries.

10) Leak or publish classified material on the scale of alleged money laundering by Putin and his allies
    The UK intelligence services have access to a large volume of material, some open sourced, setting out where Putin, his family and business entourage have placed money abroad. It would be possible for the UK government to give an official imprimatur to such information. The downside is that it would be viewed as an attempt to interfere in the current Russian presidential election campaign. Publishing personal information on rival political leaders has been seen as off limits, and might only prompt unwelcome reprisals aimed at UK politicians.
    Last edited by rocwell; Tue Mar 13th, 2018 at 11:31 AM.

9. Likes Bendit liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    They've been doing this for decades. They kill traitors to the Motherland. It isn't anything new.

11. Likes 3inthekeon liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tillerson SecofState fired via Twitter. Incredibly cowardly.
    You should be happy. Wasn't he one of Putin's stooges? LOL.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Daily Mail headline:

'Don't threaten a nuclear power': Russia's extraordinary warning to Theresa May as her midnight deadline over nerve agent attack looms Trump says he is 'with UK all the way'
    Last edited by rocwell; Tue Mar 13th, 2018 at 01:29 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    You should be happy. Wasn't he one of Putin's stooges? LOL.
    You did not say whether it was cowardly? That was my post. The firer just likes doing it on reality shows. Face to face...a coward.

Did Puti give his ok re Pompeo?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post

Translation:

Yesterday...
    May: All in.
    Putin: We call.

Today...
    May: No, seriously. All in!
    Putin: ...We call.

May needs to show her cards. Why the hold up on showing Russia the evidence in the case they're accused as being the guilty party?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Translation:

Yesterday...

Today...

May needs to show her cards. Why the hold up on showing Russia the evidence in the case they're accused as being the guilty party?
    May didn't say anything today, Trump and European countries just pledged support. Investigators have revealed that 38 people were treated for contamination. That's about it

Last edited by rocwell; Tue Mar 13th, 2018 at 01:49 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Last edited by rocwell; Tue Mar 13th, 2018 at 01:47 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You did not say whether it was cowardly? That was my post. The firer just likes doing it on reality shows. Face to face...a coward.

Did Puti give his ok re Pompeo?
    Yes, at my Illuminati meeting the other night it was confirmed that the Reverse Vampires wanted Pompeo and the Templars were prepared to let Tillerosn go so that they could kill a UK double agent in London in order to scare Robert Gates or something. Of course, all at the direction of Putin. Been in the works for some time.

20. Likes Maury liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Translation:

Yesterday...

Today...

LOL, show them what? They'll deny everything until the cows come home. Fuck their joint investigation. You find a Putin crony somewhere overseas and you send him home to Vlad. In a shoe box. That's all these fucking gangsters understand.

22. Likes Miekenstien liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Yes, at my Illuminati meeting the other night it was confirmed that the Reverse Vampires wanted Pompeo and the Templars were prepared to let Tillerosn go so that they could kill a UK double agent in London in order to scare Robert Gates or something. Of course, all at the direction of Putin. Been in the works for some time.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thread Information