Likes Likes:  3,136
Page 578 of 583 FirstFirst ... 78 478 528 568 576 577 578 579 580 ... LastLast
Results 11,541 to 11,560 of 11660

Thread: Politics - The Legend Continues...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    LOL. The Senate already has people who are nominally Republican but vote with the Democrats on most key issues. These people are called Republicans.

Susan Collins? LOL. I love how bipartisanship is always just Republicans becoming Democrats. No one ever says, hey, why don't the Democrats just compromise and appoint Joe Manchin Senate Minority Leader.

Ludicrous.
    Did you not read the part of the ousting Chuck Shumer for someone more middle-grounds like Bennet?

You don't agree that having more compromise, and finding more middle ground, and bipartisan discussion is a good thing?

Or conversely, you don't think that the two parties trending further and further to the outer extremes is a bad thing?

But ya, Ludicrous indeed.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post

Saw that coming. Lol Apparently the US and the South are still running Navy Drills and the North doesn't like it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Did you not read the part of the ousting Chuck Shumer for someone more middle-grounds like Bennet?

You don't agree that having more compromise, and finding more middle ground, and bipartisan discussion is a good thing?

Or conversely, you don't think that the two parties trending further and further to the outer extremes is a bad thing?

But ya, Ludicrous indeed.
    Not necessarily. Compromise is not a virtue.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yep...them's the "New Rules" ... like this ...

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/05/whi...d-coffee-shop/
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

LOL. I have no idea what that video has to do with compromise.

Again, compromise is sometimes necessary and can be useful (we do it all the time for various reasons) but it is not a virtue in and of itself, in particular, if true virtues are being sacrificed in the name of compromise. In fact, one could argue that compromising one's values is not only not virtuous but is tinged with malevolence. No one is ever asked to change one's beliefs all at once, it's usually a slow shift from right to wrong, often motivated by a desire to 'go along to get along'.

This is all pretty obvious stuff.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

LOL. I have no idea what that video has to do with compromise.

Again, compromise is sometimes necessary and can be useful (we do it all the time for various reasons) but it is not a virtue in and of itself, in particular, if true virtues are being sacrificed in the name of compromise. In fact, one could argue that compromising one's values is not only not virtuous but is tinged with malevolence. No one is ever asked to change one's beliefs all at once, it's usually a slow shift from right to wrong, often motivated by a desire to 'go along to get along'.

This is all pretty obvious stuff.
    It was actually a play on your oft used mantra of "New Rules". All these vids showing up ... are their content/occasions a manifestation signifying the "new rules" ? The "compromise" issue though tangential is palpable in all of these recorded "uncompromising" and bigoted outbursts.
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    It was actually a play on your oft used mantra of "New Rules". All these vids showing up ... are their content/occasions a manifestation signifying the "new rules" ? The "compromise" issue though tangential is palpable in all of these recorded "uncompromising" and bigoted outbursts.
    No, the new rule is, that conservatives don't give a fuck. No enemies on the right and all that. Your rule. We are just living by it. Want us to denounce this guy? Then fire all these people. Until then, take your videos and, well, you figure it out. DO. NOT. CARE. Your rules.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/30628...aign=dwtwitter

At that point, approximately a dozen or so employees approached the table and began making comments about the hat, with some saying they wanted to punch Joseph in the face. Witnesses also allege that some of the employees also referred to him as a "n**ger" in their conversations among each other.

"So then all the employees started standing there, saying things out loud, like, 'I'm going to knock his head in so hard his hat's going to come off," the witness continued.

Raptors Republic Veteran Miekenstien's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

https://ca.style.yahoo.com/canadian-...181918618.html

ahh intersectionality. yay for the non-racists telling this woman, that she can't parody a black a man's song. yay for the 100% certainty i have that if it was a black woman who made the same video it would be heralded in the non racist community.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    https://ca.style.yahoo.com/canadian-...181918618.html

ahh intersectionality. yay for the non-racists telling this woman, that she can't parody a black a man's song. yay for the 100% certainty i have that if it was a black woman who made the same video it would be heralded in the non racist community.
    It's amazing that 3 tweets from random people is all it takes to make an article now at Yahoo. Lol 100% agree this is taking things too far.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Disagree. But can't say I'm surprised this is your position on the matter.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's amazing that 3 tweets from random people is all it takes to make an article now at Yahoo. Lol 100% agree this is taking things too far.
    yahoo is brutal. but i think it has the best comments sections. seems the trolls for both sides of everything are there, and they feed each other.

13. Likes Joey liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    yahoo is brutal. but i think it has the best comments sections. seems the trolls for both sides of everything are there, and they feed each other.
    Yahoo Comment section is fantastic/horrible. Literally the only reason I like to read Yahoo articles - always fun to try and guess who's "winning" in the comment section. Lol

15. Likes Miekenstien liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yahoo Comment section is fantastic/horrible. Literally the only reason I like to read Yahoo articles - always fun to try and guess who's "winning" in the comment section. Lol
    fantastic/horrible is a good description

17. Likes Joey liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Disagree. But can't say I'm surprised this is your position on the matter.
    That compromise is not necessarily a virtue should be obvious. Let's say that my wife is being pursued by a man at work and it would be good for her career to have an affair. Should she compromise her wedding vows? Would that be virtuous? According to Joey, it is apparently better for her to do so than keep her vows.

Or your doctor. Suppose someone just wants a little of your medical information. Not a lot, just a little. And he's willing to pay for it or threaten if he doesn't get it. According to your view, him compromising your medical information is not only not bad it is a good, desirable thing. Better than risking conflict.

As I say, compromise is not necessarily good. Nor is it always desirable. I won't compromise my values to get ahead at work by being ruthless and evil. If I did, I'd be richer and more important than I am. I suspect that you also have values and beliefs you won't compromise on cause it would be wrong to do so.

I can't believe that this is even an argument.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That compromise is not necessarily a virtue should be obvious. Let's say that my wife is being pursued by a man at work and it would be good for her career to have an affair. Should she compromise her wedding vows? Would that be virtuous? According to Joey, it is apparently better for her to do so than keep her vows.

Or your doctor. Suppose someone just wants a little of your medical information. Not a lot, just a little. And he's willing to pay for it or threaten if he doesn't get it. According to your view, him compromising your medical information is not only not bad it is a good, desirable thing. Better than risking conflict.

As I say, compromise is not necessarily good. Nor is it always desirable. I won't compromise my values to get ahead at work by being ruthless and evil. If I did, I'd be richer and more important than I am. I suspect that you also have values and beliefs you won't compromise on cause it would be wrong to do so.

I can't believe that this is even an argument.
    According to me?! HAH Oh man, you're really stretching things here slaw. Fully agreed that I can't believe that calling for more dialogue and bipartisan agreement in the Senate is being argued as a bad thing with examples of your wife choosing to not sleep with other men ... That's quite the tangent there though ... Lol

Also, you're now using "necessarily" which is a pretty big qualifier. It started as a definitive statement ... now not so much I suppose.

Let's just cut this one off now before it gets any sillier, ya?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No, the new rule is, that conservatives don't give a fuck. No enemies on the right and all that. Your rule. We are just living by it. Want us to denounce this guy? Then fire all these people. Until then, take your videos and, well, you figure it out. DO. NOT. CARE. Your rules.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/30628...aign=dwtwitter
    As I thought. "New Rules" = "No compromise" = "Do.Not.Care."

Do we have other philosophical nothings for your manifesto?

You are being disdainful of some fundamental conservative thought pillars and flatter yourself speaking for the many who do not subscribe to your "new rules". Those who subscribe to your version of conservatism are now being led by a criminal enterprise as the defacto head of their party who has unleashed the worst their group has to offer society.... which you seem to endorse.

Suspension of good judgement has become endemic.

I have no idea what you are trying to convey with your link. That some restaurant workers behaved badly just like the Starbucks personnel? In both cases, the owners/employers took immediate action to fire or reprimand the employees... and rightly so. Is being rude to someone wearing a MAGA cap in a restaurant occur often? Nice find.

Here is a conservative who made a speech today... contents I fully endorse ...and is not buying what you are selling.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A common falsehood peddled by certain parties supportive of Donald Trump is that the Steele Dossier content was the genesis of the counter-intelligence investigation against the current administration. It was not.

The following article just published in the NYT explains further and how the FBI went about their investigation.

Reads like a spy story.

The opening para:

WASHINGTON — Within hours of opening an investigation into the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia in the summer of 2016, the F.B.I. dispatched a pair of agents to London on a mission so secretive that all but a handful of officials were kept in the dark.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/16/u...T.nav=top-news

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

23. Likes Miekenstien liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    A common falsehood peddled by certain parties supportive of Donald Trump is that the Steele Dossier content was the genesis of the counter-intelligence investigation against the current administration. It was not.

The following article just published in the NYT explains further and how the FBI went about their investigation.

Reads like a spy story.

The opening para:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/16/u...T.nav=top-news
    Yeah, read this yesterday. The internal reports that are going to be public soon must be terrible for the FBI/DOJ if their leakers are this worried that they had to spoon feed the Times this spin this far in advance.

On the other hand, we now know from the horse's mouth that the previous administration was spying on the opposition party's nominee for President. Leftists think this is awesome. Just remember, new rules and all that.....

25. Likes Miekenstien liked this post
Page 578 of 583 FirstFirst ... 78 478 528 568 576 577 578 579 580 ... LastLast

Thread Information