Likes Likes:  4,360
Page 759 of 769 FirstFirst ... 259 659 709 749 757 758 759 760 761 ... LastLast
Results 15,161 to 15,180 of 15364

Thread: Politics - The Legend Continues...

Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Oh woe is us, all-time low unemployment.
    Are you suggesting the Canadian economy is in a good place?
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Are you suggesting the Canadian economy is in a good place?
    Many would argue that even the rocket (ie deficit-funded taxcut stimulus) fueled American economy is on shaky ground...so, no?

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well it seems that someone had a New Year resolution.

Trump threatens 'national emergency' over wall

"I may do it. We can call a national emergency and build it very quickly. That's another way of doing it."

"I'm very proud of doing what I'm doing," the president added. "I don't call it a shutdown, I call it doing what you have to do for the benefit and safety of our country."
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46763940
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Narcissists always double down because they cannot possibly be wrong

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So apparently it is "false and defamatory" to write anything at all about WikiLeaks or Julian Assange ... god damn ... this list of 140 things is pretty hilarious ... it's almost like they don't want you talking about certain things .. which naturally, leads the Press to start talking about it ... ie The Streisand Effect

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...about-assange/

7. Likes SkywalkerAC liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Bendit's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No collusion. No collusion.

I know nothing.

“When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

“They’re not an up-and-coming team (Raptors). They here.” Kevin Durant

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

U.S. Still Leans Conservative, but Liberals Keep Recent Gains

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    • Conservatives continue to outnumber liberals, 35% to 26%
    • Nine-point difference ties last year for slimmest in Gallup trends
    • For first time, majority of Democrats identify as liberal
    https://news.gallup.com/poll/245813/...ent-gains.aspx

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Looks like an SNL spoof. The Dems need new leaders out in front. These two have no more credibility during this government shutdown than Trump. It's clear they don't care any more about those 'peasants' going without pay than Trump. This would have been the ultimate opportunity to push the agenda with fresh faces, winning them political points in the process.

13. Likes rocwell liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Looks like an SNL spoof. The Dems need new leaders out in front. These two have no more credibility during this government shutdown than Trump. It's clear they don't care any more about those 'peasants' going without pay than Trump. This would have been the ultimate opportunity to push the agenda with fresh faces, winning them political points in the process.
    It takes two to tango. Border security is just a show for both parties. They don't really want to secure the border.

15. Likes Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What are you talking about? Whether you like these two jokers or not, Trump is the only one who owns the shutdown. A bill was agreed to by all parties in Congress and the Senate - both Dems and Republicans - but Trump refused to sign it. The only way the shutdown ends is if Trump backs away from the ledge. He's not getting the wall money, nor should he, as the facts don't support the need for it and both sides know that.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

17. Likes Joey, Bendit liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

HOW DID I MISS THIS?!?!

19. Likes Joey liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It takes two to tango. Border security is just a show for both parties. They don't really want to secure the border.
    Trump wants the wall because he built his campaign on being the tycoon who can get things done better and more cost effective than the out of touch and incompetent government(paraphrasing him). He claimed the wall was the best way to secure the border and I understand that to back off that now would give his opponents an even more effective target than the proposed wall itself. This is why this standoff is likely to get even more messy: he has something to lose by giving in and not much to lose by waiting it out.

I don't know what the answer is on the border but what I do know is that based on what I've learned it's quite easy for terrorists and armed cartel members to freely enter America in the south. He has a point in that, it's just clouded by all the noise he brings with anything he touches. The Dems have tried to throw everything that could stick at that wall: racism, hypocrisy, ego, you name it. Meanwhile they all live in gated communities surrounded by walls.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Bendit's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Trump wants the wall because he built his campaign on being the tycoon who can get things done better and more cost effective than the out of touch and incompetent government(paraphrasing him). He claimed the wall was the best way to secure the border and I understand that to back off that now would give his opponents an even more effective target than the proposed wall itself. This is why this standoff is likely to get even more messy: he has something to lose by giving in and not much to lose by waiting it out.

I don't know what the answer is on the border but what I do know is that based on what I've learned it's quite easy for terrorists and armed cartel members to freely enter America in the south. He has a point in that, it's just clouded by all the noise he brings with anything he touches. The Dems have tried to throw everything that could stick at that wall: racism, hypocrisy, ego, you name it. Meanwhile they all live in gated communities surrounded by walls.
    Trump administration officials admit mistakes while trying to tie terrorism to southern border
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...er/2512115002/
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

“They’re not an up-and-coming team (Raptors). They here.” Kevin Durant

22. Likes Joey liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"Rake your forest or else!"

He initially spelled it "Forrest" twice as well ... which is hilarious and sad.
    Last edited by Joey; Wed Jan 9th, 2019 at 01:52 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    "Rake your forest or else!"

He initially spelled it "Forrest" twice as well ... which is hilarious and sad.
    Does Cali have an active fire break program? For example, the Fort Mac, AB forest fire from a few years ago could have been adverted had the government taken past close calls more seriously and cut a sufficient fire break to hinder the fires from spreading.

There's money to be made of those logs too. I'm surprised Trump hasn't started a logging company.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's true to some extent. Centrist Democrats don't want to stop illegal immigration because they want to import a new slave class of Democratic voters. Centrist Republicans don't want to stop illegal immigration because their corporate sponsors want to import a new slave class of labor because it is cheaper than hiring Americans (this is also true of Centrist Democrats). Progressives, who should want to stop illegal immigration, don't want to because they hate the West and want to change it irrevocably and they know the best way to do that is to import a new non-Western population.

I should note that all of that makes perfect sense if your view of the world doesn't go beyond power politics and the immediate future. The long term economic and social implications are ignored because the political class has no skin the game, nothing to lose, and will never be held to account for the damage it is causing. In fact, quite the opposite, most will benefit from it.

However, I would say that a not insignificant percentage of Americans, Democrat and Republican alike, do want to stop illegal immigration. Populist leftists and righties both fear the economic and social effects of mass immigration. They are not wrong. Trump speaking to the issue is a big reason he won. If he doesn't deliver, people will start looking for someone who can.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just curious, any of the Canadians on here with the constant "Trump is the biggest threat ever to the Rule of Law and civil liberties" have any thoughts on what is happening in their own country? Bueller?

https://globalnews.ca/news/4828694/i...=%40globalnews

27. Likes KeonClark liked this post
Page 759 of 769 FirstFirst ... 259 659 709 749 757 758 759 760 761 ... LastLast

Thread Information