Likes Likes:  4,360
Page 760 of 769 FirstFirst ... 260 660 710 750 758 759 760 761 762 ... LastLast
Results 15,181 to 15,200 of 15364

Thread: Politics - The Legend Continues...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Just curious, any of the Canadians on here with the constant "Trump is the biggest threat ever to the Rule of Law and civil liberties" have any thoughts on what is happening in their own country? Bueller?

https://globalnews.ca/news/4828694/i...=%40globalnews
    First off, who here has said "Trump is the biggest threat ever to the Rule of Law and Civil liberties"? No one? Cool.

With that out of the way, too many people still Drink and Drive, so I'm fine with creating an environment that makes it harder and makes those that may choose to, think otherwise.

With that all said, I agree this is maybe a bit too much; but mostly, fuck people who drink and drive.
    Last edited by Joey; Wed Jan 9th, 2019 at 04:27 PM.

2. Likes SkywalkerAC liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Does Cali have an active fire break program? For example, the Fort Mac, AB forest fire from a few years ago could have been adverted had the government taken past close calls more seriously and cut a sufficient fire break to hinder the fires from spreading.
    For me, the odd thing about this from Trump is that I'm pretty sure the US Federal Government actually owns/manages the vast majority of Forests in California.

But ya, I'm pretty sure they do use breaks around Residential areas, but I also recall stories of the Fire this summer jumping over 6 Lane Highways, and even Lakes, so I don't think Breaks are the be-all solution to the problem when you're dealing with like 80,000km2 of Forest. But I'm also the furthest thing from a Forest Expert ... so there's that. Lol

Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't really get the purpose of police coming to your house to test you - presumably the reason would usually be because you were involved in an accident? What happens if you just don't answer the door?

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    For me, the odd thing about this from Trump is that I'm pretty sure the US Federal Government actually owns/manages the vast majority of Forests in California.
    Yep. It's largely a federal responsibility, which is why it's hilarious that Trump is tweeting about the state not doing its job.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

6. Likes Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just curious, any of the Canadians on here with the constant "Trump is the biggest threat ever to the Rule of Law and civil liberties" have any thoughts on what is happening in their own country? Bueller?

https://globalnews.ca/news/4828694/i...=%40globalnews
    Insanity. Next they'll start coming to our house at dinner time and make sure we're not driving with that glass of wine nearby, and also better check and make sure we're smoking government marijuana
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Insanity. Next they'll start coming to our house at dinner time and make sure we're not driving with that glass of wine nearby, and also better check and make sure we're smoking government marijuana
    So this case of a single overzealous individual police officer is scaring you guys into thinking Canada is all of a sudden becoming a police state? Guess you missed the institutionalized carding that has been going on for years. That policy doesn't generally affect affluent white Canadians, though, so maybe it's not as big a deal to some...
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote jimmie wrote: View Post
    So this case of a single overzealous individual police officer is scaring you guys into thinking Canada is all of a sudden becoming a police state? Guess you missed the institutionalized carding that has been going on for years. That policy doesn't generally affect affluent white Canadians, though, so maybe it's not as big a deal to some...
    And I disagree with that policy as well. Just to confirm, though, I can put you down as being okay with the new policy of police being able to enter anyone's home at any time without reasonable cause to search their person by way of a breathalyzer?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post

That's pretty funny coming from Nancy fucking Pelosi who has made hundreds of millions of dollars by being a congresswoman. How much does that salary pay again?

Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post
    Narcissists always double down because they cannot possibly be wrong
    Which explains Catherine McKenna....
    For the kids.. of course.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's pretty funny coming from Nancy fucking Pelosi who has made hundreds of millions of dollars by being a congresswoman. How much does that salary pay again?
    Most of Nancy's assets are attributable to her husband. He's real estate mogul/venture capitalist. Nancy's net worth is $29M.
    Last edited by rocwell; Wed Jan 9th, 2019 at 06:03 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Most of Nancy's assets are attributable to her husband. He's real estate mogul/venture capitalist. Nancy's net worth is $29M.
    Wow.. only 30M net worth on a senior tenured civil servants take home of about 200K a year..

Thats some pretty shrewd investing on Nancy's part eh ?

Most folks don't get close enough to that figure that they could hit it with a 18" battleship gun.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And I disagree with that policy as well. Just to confirm, though, I can put you down as being okay with the new policy of police being able to enter anyone's home at any time without reasonable cause to search their person by way of a breathalyzer?
    So I can put you down as being okay with Drunk Driving? I assume we're playing the game of jump to the absolute most extreme possible meaning?

16. Likes jimmie liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In some passing Canadian news....

The unelected and politically neutral teachers union in Ontario is taking the Ontario government to court over the issue of the content of the grammar school sex education curriculum.Its apparently a human rights abuse issue. Who would have thought that the UNELECTED teachers union had any semblance of legal jurisdiction over what the duly elected government currently sitting at Queens Park has put forward on the education file. A policy plank they ran on while somehow squeaking out a 76 seat majority government about 8 months ago ?
    Now that judge Ed has been censured ... wonder which activist judge currently sitting on the bench wants to test the resolve of Queens Park on this one ?

Come early, bring popcorn and get a good seat as the Trudeau government stick handles and circumlelocutes its way around pushing wheelbarrows full of cash to autoworkers in Ontario as the GM cocksuckers in Detroit shutter the Oshawa assembly lines. Team Justin now gets to once again talk out both sides of their mouths while explaining to the oil patch citizens of the same country that the oil and gas industry difficulties are just different and overblown and to suck it up. Ah.. the ability to suck and blow in the same breath is a true federal liberal skill.

One last bit of news has PM Spicoli getting first hand experience dealing with a few of the 174,378 non elected but incredibly vocal Indian groups who can't agree that 2+2 =4. One group who says they represent the will of indigenous peoples in BC says OK and agrees to a gas pipeline.. yet lo and behold another group who claims to represent the same group of peoples says no we do not support this and you must stop !!! A casual observer might wonder why these people who have been elected to exactly nothing can hold up a contractually agreed to project.....but they do....

Go get'em Spicoli !!
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jan 9th, 2019 at 08:21 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Wow.. only 30M net worth on a senior tenured civil servants take home of about 200K a year..

Thats some pretty shrewd investing on Nancy's part eh ?

Most folks don't get close enough to that figure that they could hit it with a 18" battleship gun.
    Yeah and Bezos' wife is worth $70 BILLION for being stay-at-home mom on $0.00 salary.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah and Bezos' wife is worth $70 BILLION for being stay-at-home mom on $0.00 salary.
    Such is the law... Unless there is a pre existing contract Mrs. Bezos is worth 70B$ by law. I agree her suffering along the way knows no compensatory value. but 70B$ should help out eh ?

But just how does Nance parlay... at best guess 5M$ over 30 years of aggregated income BEFORE she spends a dime on housing, food, child costs, gas, 50% Cali and Fed taxes, health insurance. etc.... you know regular people shit...... .into 29M$.... Asking for a friend.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jan 9th, 2019 at 08:11 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran Superjudge's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

She didnt shut down the Governmnt bud

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In some passing Canadian news....

The unelected and politically neutral teachers union in Ontario is taking the Ontario government to court over the issue of the content of the grammar school sex education curriculum.Its apparently a human rights abuse issue. Who would have thought that the UNELECTED teachers union had any semblance of legal jurisdiction over what the duly elected government currently sitting at Queens Park has put forward on the education file. A policy plank they ran on while somehow squeaking out a 76 seat majority government about 8 months ago ?
    Now that judge Ed has been censured ... wonder which activist judge currently sitting on the bench wants to test the resolve of Queens Park on this one ?

Come early, bring popcorn and get a good seat as the Trudeau government stick handles and circumlelocutes its way around pushing wheelbarrows full of cash to autoworkers in Ontario as the GM cocksuckers in Detroit shutter the Oshawa assembly lines. Team Justin now gets to once again talk out both sides of their mouths while explaining to the oil patch citizens of the same country that the oil and gas industry difficulties are just different and overblown and to suck it up. Ah.. the ability to suck and blow in the same breath is a true federal liberal skill.

One last bit of news has PM Spicoli getting first hand experience dealing with a few of the 174,378 non elected but incredibly vocal Indian groups who can't agree that 2+2 =4. One group who says they represent the will of indigenous peoples in BC says OK and agrees to a gas pipeline.. yet lo and behold another group who claims to represent the same group of peoples says no we do not support this and you must stop !!! A casual observer might wonder why these people who have been elected to exactly nothing can hold up a contractually agreed to project.....but they do....

Go get'em Spicoli !!
    What the actual fuck are you on about?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So she's his wife, whats you issue, would you prefer she get a part time job?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Such is the law... Unless there is a pre existing contract Mrs. Bezos is worth 70B$ by law. I agree her suffering along the way knows no compensatory value. but 70B$ should help out eh ?

But just how does Nance parlay... at best guess 5M$ over 30 years of aggregated income BEFORE she spends a dime on housing, food, child costs, gas, 50% Cali and Fed taxes, health insurance. etc.... you know regular people shit...... .into 29M$.... Asking for a friend.
    This is such shit, and people that make arguments like this are tools. Sorry man. If you mean to justify Donald Trumps asinine and selfish decisions, by pointing out that the opposition calling him out for it is herslf, wealthy, that you sir, are a certified idiot. That, or a professional Gaslighter, which is actually worse.

Page 760 of 769 FirstFirst ... 260 660 710 750 758 759 760 761 762 ... LastLast

Thread Information