Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Will be the Best Training Camp Story ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm mainly interested in Norman Powell and whether or not what he showed in the Summer League will somewhat translate to training camp and in the NBA.

Comment

Raptors have 12 players born in the 90s on their training camp roster.
      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
      Because its 2015

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
        Even though we have Powell and Carroll, i still see Ross playing quite a bit. I get the impression that Carroll will spend quite a bit of time at the 4 (whether or not that is a good idea is another debate). Ross is the obvious sf in these scenarios for his shooting. Ross' shooting is still much more valuable than Powell. I wouldn't be surprised if Powell or Wright impress but I doubt he really changes much.
        I think people underrate the loyalty that Casey might have for the likes of Ross and JJ. He's thrown plenty of tough love their way but they are both young veterans fighting for their NBA careers and he has history with both. Smart money is on both getting their fair shot before the youngsters.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          I think people underrate the loyalty that Casey might have for the likes of Ross and JJ. He's thrown plenty of tough love their way but they are both young veterans fighting for their NBA careers and he has history with both. Smart money is on both getting their fair shot before the youngsters.
          I'm interested to see what Powell can do in the Dleague whenever he goes down. I think if he goes down for a stretch or two and shows some lockdown defense with the ability to hit corner threes reliably along with the rest of his game, we could see the hunt for Ross' spot start.

Could be good to have him play with JJ and carroll. If Ross Doesn't show some life, some fire, I think he could find himself pushed out from the mentality that seems to be building up around this team. Lots of tough guys being brought in, and Ross doesn't scream tough.

Not sure why but Im already rooting for Powell to succeed, just like the way he plays the game

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            Agreed and Casey doesn't trust rookies. Casey will give Ross/JJ every chance to prove themselves. I think they will both play well this year. Like you said their NBA careers are on the line this year. More so JJ than Ross though.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I go by my mind and say Carroll.

Now, a lot of guys are claiming we got a role player with very good D for too much money. Now, things to consider about Carroll is that he was a 5th option in Atlanta, but still had his moments.

Now he's a 3rd/4th option here. That means more touches, more shots.... and possibly more pressure. But it also means he has to prove he's earned his payday. I hope he can.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I'd like to see a story about the 3-squads and whether they fit together as units as well as it looks. Like, Casey will experiment in camp and preseason, but it looks pretty crystal to me. The big question is just how competitive the 3 squads could be by the end of the season after the 905 minutes played for the younguns.

Lowry/DeMar/Carroll/PP/Jonas - 4 that know each other pretty well now get a junk yard dog to take things up a notch
                Cory/Ross/JJ/Scola/Biyombo - 4 defensive athletes get a Scola
                Wright/Powell/Bruno/Bennett/Bebe - 5 younguns get their own d-league team

Raptors!!!

Comment

Working...
                X