RAPTORS v CLIPPERS - preseason game 1 - OCT 4th at 7pm on TS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    Wait wait wait...You're comparing Casey's style of iso ball to Lebron? The man that average 36, 13 and 9 in the Finals? Yeah the Cavs lost, but thats because of injuries and the Warriors depth. ISO ball gets talked like genital herpes here is because we don't have a Lebron, or a KD for that matter. OKC has been really iso heavy with Scott Brooks, and it worked because they had KD and Westbrook. We have Derozan...
    I am just bringing your attention around to the point that ISO ball permeates the NBA. Whether it's Casey ISO ball or Blatt ISO ball its the same thing. The difference of course is who handling the ball for you. So yes I will agree that if you have a Lebron or a Durant two transcendent players it makes ISO ball a lot easier to watch and more successful when you clear out a side and simply watch your best guy beat the other guys. Cuz they do that more often than not. DD or KL were our best guys and they got the ball more often than not when we went one on one.

Atlanta, the best motion offense in the East got eviscerated by ISO ball in the playoffs courtesy of LBJ. So I really don't expect the most salient aspect of all sports to disappear.. watch me beat you one on one.

And yes I am very aware of the gap in skills between DD and Lebron.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Oct 5, 2015, 05:51 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      I think we can all agree that if you have Lebron James, then you can have any coach, use any system, have injuries to star players and still make it to the finals. I suppose that's what a 'transcendent' player does. Rises above poor/mediocre coaching, inferior teammates, opposition schemes, etc..., and still gets the job done.
      Yes we can agree that if you have LBJ he could (and did) lead the blind sisters of the poor to the NBA finals.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        I am just bringing your attention around to the point that ISO ball permeates the NBA. Whether it's Casey ISO ball or Blatt ISO ball its the same thing. The difference of course is who handling the ball for you. So yes I will agree that if you have a Lebron or a Durant two transcendent players it makes ISO ball a lot easier to watch and more successful when you clear out a side and simply watch your best guy beat the other guys. Cuz they do that more often than not. DD or KL were our best guys and they got the ball more often than not when we went one on one.

Atlanta, the best motion offense in the East got eviscerated by ISO ball in the playoffs courtesy of LBJ. So I really don't expect the most salient aspect of all sports to disappear.. watch me beat you one on one.

And yes I am very aware of the gap in skills between DD and Lebron.
        Iso ball works when the guy is willing to make the best play, even if it is a pass. Dd ends up dribbling too much and takes a bad shot, instead of passing. If (ik big if) jvs awareness improves some and he is less hesitant than i think he would be a mich better option. He is great on the block and will draw a lot of attention.

Comment

• Haven't had a chance to type in a while...

Loved what I say on D last night. Everyone gave it, no bullshit. Fantastic to see so much effort.

On O.... fuck you DD. 33% shooting, too much ISO.... just why?

Ross, you have shown why I call you Terror again. Very nice.

Patt and Carroll were ghosts, but I'm okay with that..... both guys are 3-pointers. One needs to shoot em more, the other needs the ball passed to him in order to shoot em.

Bruno looked good. I knew he was more ready!!! I had it in my gut. Bench minutes next year, and then we will see?

Biyombo impressed me..... a ton. I hope he keeps up that bitta post-play.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
          X