No announcement yet.

Everything Climate Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet silence. It's almost like people learned.

Comment

• Comment

• Confirmed. Man made climate change is confirmed!

Consider this incontrovertible evidence. Donald Trump does not believe it's true.

HIATT: Last one: You think climate change is a real thing? Is there human-caused climate change?

TRUMP: I think there’s a change in weather. I am not a great believer in man-made climate change. I’m not a great believer.

There is certainly a change in weather that goes—if you look, they had global cooling in the 1920s and now they have global warming, although now they don’t know if they have global warming. They call it all sorts of different things; now they’re using “extreme weather” I guess more than any other phrase. I am not—I know it hurts me with this room, and I know it’s probably a killer with this room—but I am not a believer. Perhaps there’s a minor effect, but I’m not a big believer in man-made climate change.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astro...ce_denier.html

Today's maxim....If the Donald says it's true ...think otherwise. Protect your wallet.

Comment

• Trump said Rosie O'Donnell was fat

while very rude its still true .....

Comment

• but seriously

he is just still mad cause the scots put up some wind turbines, "ruining the view" of his great golf course there

ive said this to other while having this debate, even if you dont believe in Climate change, you have to understand fossil fuels take thousands of years to build up that they are pretty much non renewable so eventually we will have to turn to renewable power sources so why not start now so any growing pains we go through while switching over are as painless as possible

also we use oil for so much besides fuel ( like plastics ) that we need to conserve as much of it as possible for future use

Comment

• Nasa & Noaa performing their conspiratorial work

...on climate change events.

Of course I jest.

I thought this was a good visual on how these institutions gather data to adjust or confirm their models on climate change events ....in this case the impact of el nino/s.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/these...right-into-it/

Comment

• New Meta-Anaylsis confirms roughly 97% of all Climate Experts agree that Climate Change is due to Man...

http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10...26/11/4/048002

Comment

• Anyone see the Tucker Carlson vs. Bill Nye "debate" on Climate Change?

Funny and frustrating at the same time.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Anyone see the Tucker Carlson vs. Bill Nye "debate" on Climate Change?

Bill Nye would have been well served with a visual aid like the one below about the emphasis on the change around the industrial age boom. Carlson would have been forced to then go to plan b or c (like inaccuracy, bias etc by the producer of said graph). At which point Nye could have revealed the producer of said chart...the EPA. Apparently such data will not be available very soon...1/5th of the agency is due to be cut.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Anyone see the Tucker Carlson vs. Bill Nye "debate" on Climate Change?

What part do you find frustrating?

That you can't punch Tucker Carlson in the face through your screen, or that Bill couldn't? Lol

Oh, and don't read the YouTube comments for this video ... my god ... Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        What part do you find frustrating?

That you can't punch Tucker Carlson in the face through your screen, or that Bill couldn't? Lol

Oh, and don't read the YouTube comments for this video ... my god ... Lol
                        I love Tucker Carlson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I find it hilarious that people look at Bill Nye as some sort of climate expert. He's a mechanical engineer...I know "he's the science guy".
                          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                          Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                            I find it hilarious that people look at Bill Nye as some sort of climate expert. He's a mechanical engineer...I know "he's the science guy".
                            Hahaha...Uncle_Si you are killing it today...regardless of one's science bonafides are you saying Bill Nye cannot speak meaningfully on the subject of climate change b/c he is a mere Mech. Engr.? What about Tucker Carlson trying to debate him? What degree does he have?

And here we have a US Senator Imhofe who makes laws on such matters all the while taking massive contributions from the fossil fuel industry making this argument...

ps...the pic is real including the snowball...the words are a meme but in fact the point he was making on the US Senate floor.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                              Hahaha...Uncle_Si you are killing it today...regardless of one's science bonafides are you saying Bill Nye cannot speak meaningfully on the subject of climate change b/c he is a mere Mech. Engr.? What about Tucker Carlson trying to debate him? What degree does he have?

And here we have a US Senator Imhofe who makes laws on such matters all the while taking massive contributions from the fossil fuel industry making this argument...

ps...the pic is real including the snowball...the words are a meme but in fact the point he was making on the US Senate floor.
                              Bill can speak about it all he wants, he can have an opinion, he can look at the facts and come up with his own conclusions. That doesn't make him an expert.

Tucker Carlson doesn't claim to be an expert. Of course you don't have to be an expert to debate something.

My comment was about Bill Nye being portrayed as a Climate Expert, which he's not. He's the former host of one of my favorite shows as a kid.

That picture is hilarious and the argument is moronic. That doesn't equate to all people who question Climate science, the motives of the people pushing it or the solutions that are being presented.
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                                Bill can speak about it all he wants, he can have an opinion, he can look at the facts and come up with his own conclusions. That doesn't make him an expert.

Tucker Carlson doesn't claim to be an expert. Of course you don't have to be an expert to debate something.

My comment was about Bill Nye being portrayed as a Climate Expert, which he's not. He's the former host of one of my favorite shows as a kid.

That picture is hilarious and the argument is moronic. That doesn't equate to all people who question Climate science, the motives of the people pushing it or the solutions that are being presented.
                                Bold: I am sorry but I am not familiar with this claim. Can you provide any published claim of Nye saying this of himself? Near as I can ascertain he has always been more of an "educator" on various/general science related projects incl. the tv shows directed at kids (you mentioned) and PBS. Maybe FOX put a caption on that screen grab which called him that...they tend to do that like with the guy who sold himself to them as ex-CIA and turned out to be a fake.

Bill Nye is a communicator and with the denial that's going on on the subject I believe he feels a need to get on these shows and deny the deniers the podium without rebuttal. He is also ceo of the Planetary Society (whatever that is). You must know that most scientists would rather not get into such public debating which have a political edge to it. Simply put while they know the science intimately they have a problem communicating it especially to a Inhofe type and many in TV land. So in steps a Nye.

Comment

Working...
                                X