Lucas Nogueira

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Come on, it was one good game (quarter!) from Poeltl. He has been put out there other times this year and it's about 50/50 whether he does something effective or looks completely lost and blows plays.

Bebe has limitations but is still the most useful 7 footer after JV. Last night showed what Poeltl can be, it doesn't mean he's there yet. Being able to bring it every night is the #1 thing you have to have to crack the regular rotation, we haven't seen it from Poeltl yet.

Use Bebe in a trade package this summer and give Poeltl his job next year.

There should be fewer backup C minutes anyway with Ibaka, which is good, Bebe/Poeltl/Siakam all too underdeveloped to ride them as much as the Raptors have needed to this season.
    I agree that BeBe is still solid. I'd move him in a trade package with Cory/Carroll if I could though, with ideally a cheap, decent depth wing coming back. Clears salary, a couple of gluts, and paves the way for Poeltl and Wright to get the playing time they need to develop.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Another problem with Bebe is that he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes in game. Against the Pelicans a couple of weeks ago he keep having his hands down when Anthony Davis drove on him and kept getting called for fouls, although obviously that's a tough cover. But even last night Kaminsky kept just blowing right on by him, and his habit of jumping at anything slightly resembling a pumpfake is well known.

But still, he's better than Poetl most nights and so I think he should remain the back up for now. He's a pseudo-rookie as well in terms of playing time. It's a good thing long term that we've got 2 young back up bigs we can play.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
        Yeah but IF Casey does the Wright thing then PNR with yak n delon should help yak. He has a good touch around and the rim and those guys know each other...
        One thing about Yak that has impressed me tremendously is how quickly he goes up. I believe he is the fastest player on the team at going from receiving the ball to throwing it through the hoop.

Comment

• Can we officially change his nickname from "Bebe" to "Moving Screen?"

Please and thanks.

Comment

• I'm gonna guess casey told him he's likely a DNP tonight. And he's probably pissed after a career game. These Brazilians and their attitude tho lol
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Not trying to read too much into this but perhaps not getting an extension from Masai could have fueled him to work extra hard, and he thinks talking to reporters/media might interfere with his commitment to his game?? He played very well the other night so if not having a media presence helps him grow as a player then I'm all for it.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                I'm gonna guess casey told him he's likely a DNP tonight. And he's probably pissed after a career game. These Brazilians and their attitude tho lol
                I think that is a pretty good assessment of what the "talk" was about. Has to be frustrating to not get the chance to prove himself in a contract year. He's just too far down in the pecking order in Toronto to get the type of opportunity he is looking for. Too good to be a end of bench player, but too many better players ahead of him in the rotation.

Comment

• this is vague as fuck. After what talk? with who? Low profile online? or just doing interview with media?
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Bebe is a great guy but in all honesty any time he is actually healthy AND playing well it feels like the team just got lucky for a handful of actual game minutes. Between his injuries and inconsistency I don't think he should ever be penciled in for anything more than 3rd C.

Everytime I see him I think about this guy:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Can we officially change his nickname from "Bebe" to "Moving Screen?"

Please and thanks.
                      Lol, I don't even remember typing this.

To Bebe's credit, hasn't really been an issue so far this season (in limited minutes).

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Bebe is a great guy but in all honesty any time he is actually healthy AND playing well it feels like the team just got lucky for a handful of actual game minutes. Between his injuries and inconsistency I don't think he should ever be penciled in for anything more than 3rd C.

Everytime I see him I think about this guy:

As I asked in another thread, what significant injuries has Bebe had? An ankle sprain or two?

Comment

• He had severe tendonitis early in his career that caused him to miss most of a couple seasons early in his career (in his ACB days). Really the reason the Raptors got him for so little is because at that time there was serious question he'd ever be able to stay on the court.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                            He had severe tendonitis early in his career that caused him to miss most of a couple seasons early in his career (in his ACB days). Really the reason the Raptors got him for so little is because at that time there was serious question he'd ever be able to stay on the court.
                            I'm not sure if that question has really been answered. Don't think I would feel confident relying on Bebe to stay healthy for 65+ games if he were part of my 8-man rotation, playing 15-20 mpg.

Comment

• Yeah, though I think the length of his career is already better than some would have expected (myself included, possibly) at the time of the trade.

Comment

Working...
                              X