No announcement yet.

Lucas Nogueira

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hope the Raptors rtraining staff works with Sim Bhullar, at under 500lbs he doesnt have enough bulk

Comment

I like the idea of Bebe (or any young player) getting stronger, especially core and legs for him, but I'm not sure how much I like this...

Honestly, I don’t have the bounce of three, four years ago,” Nogueira told Pro Bball Report. “From last year to this year I put on 42 lbs. It’s a lot, so I don’t think my body is ready yet to run and jump like two, three, four years ago....

A couple of years ago I had a good bounce, but (now) I don’t have the same bounce compared to last year.

Comment

^sound familiar to JV?

Seems like the Raptors solution for developing big guys is to make the big. In today's NBA you need to be lean since there are no Shaqs

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
          I like the idea of Bebe (or any young player) getting stronger, especially core and legs for him, but I'm not sure how much I like this...

Honestly, I don’t have the bounce of three, four years ago,” Nogueira told Pro Bball Report. “From last year to this year I put on 42 lbs. It’s a lot, so I don’t think my body is ready yet to run and jump like two, three, four years ago....

A couple of years ago I had a good bounce, but (now) I don’t have the same bounce compared to last year.
          Hmmm. Yeah. Sound too radical and limiting ...

On the other hand, though, I guess making that radical a change, and then getting substantial D-League playing time, might allow him to consider shaving some of the bulk off, little-by-little, and coming to some real conclusion about where his ideal playing-weight/shape is. Might be better than essaying that project more gradually, over several seasons.

And it's a hell of an accomplishment/commitment he's delivered on. And his attitude sounds great. (I also think it's tres cool that Bruno and Bebe have each other, here). Thanks for quoting/linking the article.
          Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Sun Nov 1, 2015, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Our trainers kind of suck. You don't have to lose jumping ability from bulking.

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Our trainers kind of suck. You don't have to lose jumping ability from bulking.
              I think you do. I've known some pro fighters. Word is they almost never weight-train for mass. One loses too much speed/quickness. It's why the weight classes are such a big deal .... and why light-heavyweights (for example) can't do the obvious thing: Add ten pounds and then go for the extra prize-money-millions in the heavy-weight category.

(Evander Holyfield was one spectacular exception to the lifting for mass/strength general rule, though, I've been told. )

Comment

Is this guy ever NOT hurt ??

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                  Is this guy ever NOT hurt ??
                  No.

Comment

Bebe got a near triple double, 13 pts (5/8 from the field) with 9 assists, 9 rebounds and 4 blocks in 27 minutes.

Dude has a silky jumper.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                      Bebe got a near triple double, 13 pts (5/8 from the field) with 9 assists, 9 rebounds and 4 blocks in 27 minutes.

Dude has a silky jumper.
                      At that game, Bebe came across as the best player on the floor. His jumper is just so nice (he took and missed a 3 but it looked really good). He's a surprisingly great passer. He should be getting some back up time at the 5 now.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                        At that game, Bebe came across as the best player on the floor. His jumper is just so nice (he took and missed a 3 but it looked really good). He's a surprisingly great passer. He should be getting some back up time at the 5 now.
                        He is a really confident shooter. In past games he fouled like crazy, but still that really isnt an issue if he isnt playing big minutes.

Cool that you were there, anything else standout to you? The crowd seemed more amped up at times than i expected.

Comment

He is a really confident shooter. In past games he fouled like crazy, but still that really isnt an issue if he isnt playing big minutes.

Cool that you were there, anything else standout to you? The crowd seemed more amped up at times than i expected.
                          I don't know how it came across watching but it was REALLY loud almost the entire game. Standout wise, other than Bebe, Nick Wiggins was a nice surprise. Bebe is HUGE (accidentally crossed paths with him and a few other players when security was showing us to our seats) but is small directly compared to Bhullar (who really does need to work on his conditioning/speed).
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Thing with Bebe is he is most effective when he is able to have the ball in the high post

Imagine him being a garbage big and all of a sudden he doesn't look so good

Comment

BeBe is legit..He really should Be Up On the 1st Squad balling.

He Would Be a Great 2nd Center to Support Jonas...

BeBe is a ShutDown Defender, He Can Block Shots, and He can Catch the Ball...

The Thing I don't understand is what is casey's problem with repping(playing not) the Right Way?

BeBe WON THE SPANISH DEFENDER OF THE YEAR AWARD!!! YET HE NEVER GOT A CHANCE!!!

Truss Fam, Raptors have the Chance to Win 50-55 Games wit the Team they Have Now!! BeBe Should be On the 1st Team logging 18-25minutes a game.

Comment

Dude has a silky jumper.
                                also this female commentator is way better than that guy we heard on those Bruno highlights a while ago. Although I will miss his use of "downball" instead of "dunk".

Comment

Working...
                                X