No announcement yet.

Lucas Nogueira

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nogueira's game reminds me a ton of Amir Johnson.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

this whole conversion reminded of Rising Star JV hahaha he couldn't catch those shitty passes for lobs LOL but yeah everyone already touched on this. Bebe is still not scouted so it'll be interesting how he'll adjust.
      That will be a nice problem when opposing teams have to keep a big man back at the rim to account for Bebe on offense. It will open up more space for the ball-handler. With Biyombo it seems like the exact opposite. Pretty sure I've seen a few triple teams on the ball-handler when Bismack is setting the screens.

Comment

• Bebe seems to have a better feel for the game than JV. His rolls aren't just him turning and running straight to the rim. He seems to have pretty good timing when he rolls and he goes to open space.

Maybe teams will change up how they deal with him rolling but I think he's smart enough and his passing ability is good enough (much better than JV) that he'll be able to get it to an open man quickly.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• I hope he becomes Brandan Wright/Amir Johnson
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
            Bebe seems to have a better feel for the game than JV. His rolls aren't just him turning and running straight to the rim. He seems to have pretty good timing when he rolls and he goes to open space.

Maybe teams will change up how they deal with him rolling but I think he's smart enough and his passing ability is good enough (much better than JV) that he'll be able to get it to an open man quickly.
            He also has more open space to roll to though.

His passing ability has been quite nice so far.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Man people have a tendency to overhype pretty quick. Same thing happened with Biz 2 weeks ago. It's like reading the same old stuff, very deja vu. Overall, you can notice some forum-wide trends going on. Every new guy is the shit (in a good way): Bebe, Biz, Powell; DD is the most horrible shooting guard in the history of basketball, Casey is a moron with an IQ of a plastic bag, free JV and JJ. What else?
              MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                Man people have a tendency to overhype pretty quick. Same thing happened with Biz 2 weeks ago. It's like reading the same old stuff, very deja vu. Overall, you can notice some forum-wide trends going on. Every new guy is the shit (in a good way): Bebe, Biz, Powell; DD is the most horrible shooting guard in the history of basketball, Casey is a moron with an IQ of a plastic bag, free JV and JJ. What else?
                yeah overhype is a little too much. He's not saviour and I don't want him to start yet. But it's exciting when prospect is showing you something. Masai won some points back and proves that he has an eye for talent.

Comment

Man people have a tendency to overhype pretty quick. Same thing happened with Biz 2 weeks ago. It's like reading the same old stuff, very deja vu. Overall, you can notice some forum-wide trends going on. Every new guy is the shit (in a good way): Bebe, Biz, Powell; DD is the most horrible shooting guard in the history of basketball, Casey is a moron with an IQ of a plastic bag, free JV and JJ. What else?
                  TRoss = TRash
                  OG is our king

Comment

Overhype isn't the case when we are talking about Bebe. Nobody expects him to become Hakeem Olajuwon. We're all just happy to see one of our young prospects develop and play well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the enthusiasm. It's been fun to watch a sweet young man exceed expectations, on such a big stage.

If the expectations get too high, though, beware. Political scientists have theorized that prolonged suffering is less likely to lead to revolution than a rise in living standards - and expectations - followed by the new hopes being dashed ...

Comment

• Lucas Nogueira

white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Caught a pass open from Lowry down at the baseline when Green went to double Lowry. Green couldn't recover in time. Biyombo probably fucks up that play on the catch. Bebe's got good hands though. Easy bucket.

Alley-oop play from Lowry. Looks impressive, but he is wide open on the roll. The help is late and in no way impacts the shot. IT's a good pass too, actually pretty low and slow enough that Bebe gets a chance to time it. It's an easy play for most bigs who don't have Biyombo's hands.

Nice offensive board, but he had the inside position. This is the key more than length. Play resets and Bebe eventually gets a pass in some traffic, but the help isn't very strong. Still, a good job of catching, keeping control and finishing (no contest on the shot). No part of this score is really because of his length/mobility/athleticism helping him in traffic. The play happens low.

Wide open dunk as GSW triples DeMar and he makes the simple pass to Bebe.

He had one nice finish on the p'n'r that wasn't a lob. JV wouldn't be able to take off and finish from where he did, and clearly Lucas' slight edge in length and mobility/athleticism help. But yeah, there's no real D around him. You can even hear Jack say in this highlight reel "Speights is in no man's land". Traffic not really a factor, but his physical talents are.

A last alley-oop that's right at the rim. Lowry finds him easy as soon as Green leaves him to stop the drive. Green has no chance at making a play on the pass or the dunk. Does a good job catching and finishing, but doesn't need to get up that high or reach very far.

Now, don't get me wrong I'm very happy with Bebe's play. And I think his length and mobility are great assets that will help him to at times be effective in ways JV can't. However this game he did well largely because he was completely undisturbed and just had to catch and finish. Sure it's not like length doesn't help, but there wasn't a high degree of difficulty in terms of finishing in traffic.

---

I actually have always thought the best thing about signing Biyombo was that he's a guy Bebe could easily supplant in the rotation. A JV/Bebe C combo could be very good and actually make it this team's 2nd best position after PG.

We also have to keep in mind that Bebe's not proven in many ways. Teams are just going to start scouting for him now. He still hasn't really had a tough matchup at C who can manhandle him. Health has always been a concern, so we don't know how he'll respond physically if given a regular role.
                        Your really passionate about this eh

Lol but I see what u mean. Watching it in real time looked like all his dunks were in traffic but watching it now. It has a lot more to do with how open he was.

But I still think his length is crazy. He was basically dunking on his tippy toes there

I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          Overhype isn't the case when we are talking about Bebe. Nobody expects him to become Hakeem Olajuwon. We're all just happy to see one of our young prospects develop and play well.

I know that's a big one for me. Same reason I was so stoked to see Powell play well.

Feels like we've gathered a bunch of young talent, but we have the same guys playing every night. Besides JV we really haven't had a young guy who's shown us much to get excited over. If half of our young talent can show us flashes like this then we could be in a good space over the next few years

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post

Lol but I see what u mean. Watching it in real time looked like all his dunks were in traffic but watching it now. It has a lot more to do with how open he was.

But I still think his length is crazy. He was basically dunking on his tippy toes there

His standing reach is similar to Gobert, Whiteside. He's a long dude

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post

I fully think his length is a great asset and will give him a unique edge. He's still a fairly limited player though and hasn't had to deal with much attention. I think he'll thrive in a backup role though for now. A lot to offer there and gives him the chance to grow in real game situations.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• It's just nice having a backup big man that can catch and finish.

Side note: Why does Biyombo think it's a good idea for him to post up and go for fadeaways? I've seen him do it a couple times this season. None of them have gone in.
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X