I love you, DeMarre Carroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GLF wrote: View Post
    I've noticed that too. I think he should look to dunk a little bit more. He always looks to layup when he can dunk and I think that hurts him
    Maybe we were spoiled with athletic wings but Carroll doesn't have the lift and explosiveness like Derozan or Ross
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Demarre is also drawing the larger defender away from Demar. Last season Crowder would have been guarding Demar not Bradley. Against short SG, Demar is able to shoot over or bully past. Against the Bucks, they have both Gianni's and Middleton.
      No he wasn't. Bradley is their best perimeter defender. That's why he was on demar
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

People say Crowder is their best defender but I don't necessarily believe that. Don't get me wrong he's great but Bradley is still better to me
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
          No he wasn't. Bradley is their best perimeter defender. That's why he was on demar
          Demar doesn't get bothered by tough defense but length. If smaller defender get to close he jacks up shots for fouls. Lengthy guys give him space to hang himself

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
            People say Crowder is their best defender but I don't necessarily believe that. Don't get me wrong he's great but Bradley is still better to me
            Chowder is the best defender, for my taste buds because they are so delicious.

Comment

Carroll is going to be an amazing player to watch this year. He's Amir with a bigger impact on the floor. A guy you love for his efforts and a true genuine guy.
              Love his back story of how he came to be tho. Through the first 2 games I am glued to the screen watching him defend. Reminds me of Christie.....I can't wait till the big games/playoffs where he goes up against LeBron and other great players.

Comment

Jon32 wrote: View Post
                Carroll is going to be an amazing player to watch this year. He's Amir with a bigger impact on the floor. A guy you love for his efforts and a true genuine guy.
                Love his back story of how he came to be tho. Through the first 2 games I am glued to the screen watching him defend. Reminds me of Christie.....I can't wait till the big games/playoffs where he goes up against LeBron and other great players.
                Anyone who can play without the ball is a fan of mine...especially considering Toronto composition.

Comment

great comparisons

love what he's brought to the team. best perimeter defender we've had in years.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Carroll's a much better shooter than I realized. Excellent mechanics, smooth smooth stroke. I thought his percentage would nose dive coming out of Bud's system, but that does not look to be the case.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      Anyone who can play without the ball is a fan of mine...especially considering Toronto composition.
                      Those cuts to bail out Derozan/Lowry when they get a little too deep have been incredible. He just seems to know when the team is going to need an outlet before its too late, and then makes sure he's always in position to receive a pass.

He's going to be a top end glue guy for this team. I'm thinking he could put Demar into the Allstar game just by making sure he has someone to pass to and helping those assists go up while the TOs stay down.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Reyes was a great character guy. Just always hurt and a terrible SS. Dickey is 40 and a knuckleballer but otherwise a nice guy
                        Reyes complained about being on a losing team after being traded. That's not very high character in my books.

I think one of the greatest things AA did for the Jays was bring in guys committed to being OVERALL great baseball players - offensively AND defensively. It's one thing to bring in someone with a great bat (Tulo), but he's also a gold glove caliber SS. Same with guys like Donaldson and Martin.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          I worry about him, he is packing heavy minutes early on and always falls hard to the floor. Yeah I get it that he is working hard but if you want him healthy in the playoffs, he needs to ease
                          It up a bit.
                          I think that's what he wants though. Carroll came here because the Raptors promised him a larger role. He has a HUGE role now. I think he's all about it. I'm assuming they'll address the heavy minutes when it becomes an issue.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            Carroll's a much better shooter than I realized. Excellent mechanics, smooth smooth stroke. I thought his percentage would nose dive coming out of Bud's system, but that does not look to be the case.
                            I noticed this with both Joseph and Carroll. It's easy to assume that either or both might digress based on not being in winning systems, but both have translated their games to the Raptors quite impressively.

Comment

Nice "take". And we don't have to wait loing for those "big games" now. I'm guessing everyone at Raptors Republic will be holding their breath until the end of the OKC game ... and watching this whole road trip like the Raps were playing to double all of our pension investments.

... And I'm dying to see DeMarre earn his pay-day in such games .... Cuz I just don't know how big a difference-maker he can be ...

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                He does a good job of picking his spots. Doesn't force anything. Most of his looks are wide open.

Comment

Working...
                                X