Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia doping scandal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cover-ups.html

Secret police inside the anti-doping laboratory.
    Hundred of samples destroyed before key inspection.
    Bribes and extortion.
    Intimidation of doping testers.
    Use of false identities to dodge tests.

I'm at a loss for words guys.

If Russians compete in the next years Olympics. I'm done. I'm done. I feel so bad for honest athletes.
    Last edited by rocwell; Tue Nov 10, 2015, 09:27 AM.

I love when sites hit the key points in bullets to kick off the news article:

• Report says athletes competed in 2012 when they should've been banned
    • It suggests Russia was running a 'state-supported' doping programme
    • Lifetime bans now recommended for five Russian middle-distance runners
    • World athletics president, Briton Lord Coe, said findings were 'alarming'
    • Moscow lab chief Grigory Rodchenkov responded by calling WADA 'idiots'
    Honestly, I'm not totally shocked and I'm sure its not only Russian athletes who are working the system and taking risks like this. Does it make it right? No and something should be done about it. Perhaps each athlete participating in the games should be tested at a third party onsite facility just prior and after their event? This would clear it up, right?

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cover-ups.html

Secret police inside the anti-doping laboratory.
      Hundred of samples destroyed before key inspection.
      Bribes and extortion.
      Intimidation of doping testers.
      Use of false identities to dodge tests.

I'm at a loss for words guys.

If Russians compete in the next years Olympics. I'm done. I'm done. I feel so bad for honest athletes.
      Frankly I wonder how ugly so many athletics would look if all dopers were exposed. How many honest athletes are there?

Comment

Meh.. Ivan Drago was getting injected with shots that seemed illegal yet he still got knocked out.

Comment

Comment

The genie has been out of the bottle a long time now and it seeks fortune and fame.

This is not just Russia. I believe many others are complicit as well. It just happens that Russia was the target in this investigation and found wanting.

How many truly believe all the major sports in North America are really serious about their athletes testing regimen.

Too much skin in the game.

Wonder what would occur if they held 2 sets of games....one "on" and the other "clean" (like the disabled). Which would the spectator most support?

Comment

I won't get into a long drawn out on the case for doping, etc. but I have no problem with it at all and having listened to debates and forums on the topic, I am unconvinced that there is a compelling case to be made as to why doping is illegal in sport. I say let them enhance themselves however they want and may the best man or woman or both win....

Comment

There are health consequences to it and it sends a bad example to children. There is no reason to do it besides cheating the competition.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  There are health consequences to it and it sends a bad example to children. There is no reason to do it besides cheating the competition.
                  Well, it's not cheating if everyone is allowed to do it.....

If the health of athletes is the argument then all sorts of sports should be banned for the good of athletes. For example, boxing and MMA. As I said, I just don't find these arguments compelling.

Comment

Russia President Vladimir Putin has ordered an investigation into allegations of widespread doping among the country's sports figures.
                    Good. Fix this shit. I wonder how honest Russian athletes feel though...

Comment

It Russia is guilty it casts doubts on other countries like China and the USA. I'm getting back in my time machine to 1970 when this was news

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Good. Fix this shit. I wonder how honest Russian athletes feel though...
                        Do I have to re-post the Casablanca thing again?

Comment

Working...
                        X