No announcement yet.

Jhalil Okafor Street Fight in Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The man who got socked in the face by NBA star Jahlil Okafor says Jahlil is lying about being heckled ... and got violent because he was mad he got rejected by two chicks on the streets of Boston.
    The Boston PD says the victim filed a police report Friday morning, claiming Okafor hit him so square in the face, he sustained a cut above his eye that required stitches.
    The victim also says Okafor's allegations that he was swarmed by hecklers outside of Storyville nightclub is pure garbage.
    The truth, according to the victim, is that Okafor approached two girls that were hanging with the victim and tried to get their numbers. The girls weren't interested, and shot Okafor down.
    The victim claims a verbal altercation ensued ... and Okafor became unhinged, eventually rushing at him and punching him in the face ... as you can see in the video first posted by TMZ Sports.
    The Boston PD says detectives are "actively investigating the incident" ... but so far no charges have been filed.
    As for Okafor, he says he's embarrassed by the incident, but stands by his story that he reacted because he felt threatened by hecklers.

Comment

Lol... these guys don't take kindly to being shut down by women.

Comment

27th loss in a row, including last season. While I don't mind them tanking, Hinkie really went full nerd with this and ignored the human part completely, no vets to mentor young guys, no wins. You don't really need to set up your players to lose EVERY game, it's just disheartening, many of these players are good in large part because they proud and confident, losing 30 in a row damages that.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
          27th loss in a row, including last season. While I don't mind them tanking, Hinkie really went full nerd with this and ignored the human part completely, no vets to mentor young guys, no wins. You don't really need to set up your players to lose EVERY game, it's just disheartening, many of these players are good in large part because they proud and confident, losing 30 in a row damages that.
          Agree with the "no veterans" comment. They're now 3 or 4 years into this(I think), time to bring in a couple vets to mentor the youngins. Maybe they feel they're not at that stage yet, which is mind-boggling to say the least. Maybe they want to set the record for most highly drafted players on one squad?

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
            Agree with the "no veterans" comment. They're now 3 or 4 years into this(I think), time to bring in a couple vets to mentor the youngins. Maybe they feel they're not at that stage yet, which is mind-boggling to say the least. Maybe they want to set the record for most highly drafted players on one squad?
            Covington looks like an NBA player which means they'll likely move him. They are really tanking hard along with the Lakers. If Laker finish out of the bottom 3 they hand over the pick afaik. If Sixer are dead last they just need BKN and one more team to get two top 5 picks

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
              Covington looks like an NBA player which means they'll likely move him. They are really tanking hard along with the Lakers. If Laker finish out of the bottom 3 they hand over the pick afaik. If Sixer are dead last they just need BKN and one more team to get two top 5 picks
              Then BKN hands that pick over to Boston
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                Then BKN hands that pick over to Boston
                Boston needs to do something that roster is already stuffed and they have a gazillion picks. Can't see them returning to the tank to develop a bunch of mid firsts

Comment

Sixers probably intend on starting to 'right the ship' next summer in free agency. The question will be whether anyone (good) will opt to play there after this tankathon.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    Sixers probably intend on starting to 'right the ship' next summer in free agency. The question will be whether anyone (good) will opt to play there after this tankathon.
                    NOPE, unless they overpy by a lot.

IE Give someone like Fournier a 4yr/90M deal
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

If they get two top picks they'll let the season play out starting both. Wroten and Noel will probably be dealt

Comment

Boston turned a tank into a contender by trading for KG and Allen. Free agency will be difficult for the 76ers but they have a lot of assets to make a good return on a trade. Once they have an star caliber vet on their roster then free agency will look better too.

Philly is a joke now but they have a history of success with lots of HOF talent that came out from there (Barkley, Malone, Dr J, AI).

Comment

A witness told CSNPhilly.com that the rookie got into it with two unidentified men on Oct. 4. It was 2 a.m. outside of a nightclub when Okafor and another person argued with the two men who was sitting in a car. Okafor tried to punch one of them through the driver's window, and the passenger responded by coming out and pointing a gun at him.

Okafor got lucky. U.S. Park Rangers intervened and the passenger ran off and tossed his gun. The driver sped off in his Camaro.

That Okafor would end up in another altercation that could've been avoided, especially after having a gun stare at him, makes his situation much more upsetting.

Oh man! Okafor needs a lesson on how to live in Philly!

Comment

Uh oh, Jahlil might not have a long life, let alone an nba career.

Comment

Jahlil trying his damndest to get traded:

"Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                Jahlil trying his damndest to get traded:

Comment

Working...
                                X