Toronto - Houston - Phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto - Houston - Phoenix

This trade would see the raptors acquire Terrence Jones & PJ Tucker.
    It works in trade machine but I don't know how to link the trade.

Sooo...

Toronto out : Scola & Johnson
    Toronto in : Jones & Tucker

Houston out : Jones & Ariza
    Houston in : Morris & Johnson

Phoenix out : Morris & Tucker
    Phoenix in : Scola & Ariza

Toronto: gets their PF and a bench defender to replace Johnson.

Houston: gets a promising big for cheap and an expiring defender in Johnson, loses Ariza who hasn't lived up to the contract for them.

Phoenix: gets rid of the nuisance that is Morris, picks up an expiring replacement and a scoring defending wing to replace Tucker.

Throw in picks where necessary to entice the trade .

Any thoughts..?

Within the ESPN Trade Machine, click on "Save Trade". That will produce a link that you can then post.

With respect to the trade, I am not a big fan of TJones.. and would prefer Ariza over Tucker if Ariza is being moved. Ariza can play PF and SF.. I like that as we'd be removing Johnson who can also play that dual role.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Within the ESPN Trade Machine, click on "Save Trade". That will produce a link that you can then post.

With respect to the trade, I am not a big fan of TJones.. and would prefer Ariza over Tucker if Ariza is being moved. Ariza can play PF and SF.. I like that as we'd be removing Johnson who can also play that dual role.
      Would you prefer Morris?

The current construction has money working, I was originally going to structure a trade that has us receiving Morris and Ariza, but I've read a lot km the trade deadline thread the downsides of both those guys (Morris = problems / Ariza = contract year player) but the money is tough and we'd likely need to give more than the two small expiring I offered.

From what I read , Tucker has superior per 36 numbers , excluding points. And Jones is superior in per 36 compared to Morris, again excluding points.

Aside from players of choice, do you feel that the above trade would have any traction in talks .. if some picks were thrown in (clips pick to Houston ) where needed as well?

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
        This trade would see the raptors acquire Terrence Jones & PJ Tucker.
        It works in trade machine but I don't know how to link the trade.

Sooo...

Toronto out : Scola & Johnson
        Toronto in : Jones & Tucker

Houston out : Jones & Ariza
        Houston in : Morris & Johnson

Phoenix out : Morris & Tucker
        Phoenix in : Scola & Ariza

Toronto: gets their PF and a bench defender to replace Johnson.

Houston: gets a promising big for cheap and an expiring defender in Johnson, loses Ariza who hasn't lived up to the contract for them.

Phoenix: gets rid of the nuisance that is Morris, picks up an expiring replacement and a scoring defending wing to replace Tucker.

Throw in picks where necessary to entice the trade .

Any thoughts..?
        http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gtyezsb

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
          Would you prefer Morris?

The current construction has money working, I was originally going to structure a trade that has us receiving Morris and Ariza, but I've read a lot km the trade deadline thread the downsides of both those guys (Morris = problems / Ariza = contract year player) but the money is tough and we'd likely need to give more than the two small expiring I offered.

From what I read , Tucker has superior per 36 numbers , excluding points. And Jones is superior in per 36 compared to Morris, again excluding points.

Aside from players of choice, do you feel that the above trade would have any traction in talks .. if some picks were thrown in (clips pick to Houston ) where needed as well?
          I wouldn't prefer Morris either.. and since I'd only prefer Ariza, I think the deal dies for me. I don't think either Morris or Jones move the dial for us. I like the idea of Scola in this years playoffs. His intelligence and experience should help us get through round one which is my only goal for this team this year. Trading Scola for a younger, more inexperienced player doesn't help my confidence.

One other point about your deal is that Houston just traded for Josh Smith. James Johnson plays a similar role. So I don't know why Houston would want him. I think Houston and Phoenix should just work on a deal together with Morris/Tucker going to Houston and Ariza/Jones going to Phoenix.

I saw a rumour that they were talking already (instead of Ariza it was Brewer). But that may have fallen apart now.

Comment

Working...
          X