D'Angelo Russell - Super Snitch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    He's gonna need to come out with a formal, very public apology first. It's gonna need to be genuine and heart felt. I don't think he'll do that because my theory is that anyone who pulls this shit hasn't been raised right.
    I tend to agree but I also think this is the type of shit that really helps you grow. I know I said and did a lot of stupid things when I was a kid and I learned to adjust my behavior as a result.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
      Fuck that. It's all on Russell. You don't do that shit to your mate. This kid got no common sense.
      Sure ok. But the team seems to lack any kind of leadership at literally every level. This is a horribly stupid thing for Russell to do, and sure, give him 100% of the blame, but everything about that organization is a joke at the moment and that's never helpful. Instead of having a legit vet or role model, he's hanging out with Nick Young. Kobe is too busy takin in all the adoration on his victory lap. All the other "vets" are basically just trying to play for their next contract. The coach has done pretty much nothing to try and bring the team together. Just saying, not a situation where they might nip these problems in the butt before they happen. A lot, and I mean a lot of these guys are still immature coming into the league.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

sad ... for every chris bosh in the league ( total class act ) there is a scumbag like russell

i played rugby, a big team sport, u would never pull shit like this, we would ice him too like his lakers teammates

wow such a betrayal and its all public, once you lose people trust like that and its out there for everyone to see you can never get it back, even if russell is traded to another team no one will trust him there either

Comment

and the plus side

do you think derozan wants to play with this guy now? lol

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
            I tend to agree but I also think this is the type of shit that really helps you grow. I know I said and did a lot of stupid things when I was a kid and I learned to adjust my behavior as a result.
            Good point. He is a kid transitioning into adulthood. He's going to pay for this one for a long time though.

I do think he should have learned at home that you don't treat people this way.

Comment

I'm disappointed with every single person on this thread.

Lemme know when you kids are done with your "bro code" and you graduate to the "man code".

Can't wait till you all have daughters..... you'll LOVE the bro code then, I'm certain of it. Especially when your little girl is devastated by a guy who's "bro's" stood by and watched him destroy her.

Releasing the vids to the public was a bit much, but the whole "snitch" thing is fucking ignorant and immature.

Says a lot about you guys if you can't understand this. You wanna play outside the rules, then the rules no longer apply, good on Nick Young for having this blow up in his face, even if its a publicity stunt, the message is pretty obvious. For too long the people causing all the pain have been protected by "codes", real fucking men don't live that way, I know I don't. My best friend cheated when we were young, in college, BEST FRIEND. I told him he couldn't rely on my to "bro code" it up for him, because his shit wasn't gonna become mine, I don't play that way.

So you guys chirp away like frat boys about the "snitch", go ahead, I'm sure it feels "right". But it ain't, in fact its the exact opposite. If you don't get why, you need to wake the fuck up.

Comment

sorry im going to have to disagree with you there

as teammates their loyalty is first and foremost with their teammates and friends, it is not there place to interfere with their relationships with their love interests
                yes cheating is wrong and what nick young did to iggy is horrible and deceitful but it is not for them to tell, especially to the whole world

thankfully ive always picked good friends and never had to deal with this but forced into this situation i was always choose my friend over their girlfriend

Comment

Only thing i disagree with is going public.

But:

1. I don't feel bad for Nick Young.
                  2. That you don't understand, or fail to give a shit that doing the right thing in life ALWAYS supercedes silly codes is my exact point. Explain to me why "loyalty", supercedes doing the right thing? Bro code Brah.... gotta live by it, or it hurts the team.... if I can't fuck around on my girl without a dude setting that straight, how can i expect dude to rotate on defense?

No man, thats childish bullshit. Some guys grow up and become men, some don't. This Russell guy might be a distraction for other reasons, i have no idea, I don't follow the Lakers, but to say that this is somehow, this incident is gonna hurt him in the league is absolutely ridiculous.

Anyhow, I said my piece, I'm comfortable with it.

Comment

i dont feel bad for nick young either

what russell was doing was deceitful and a betrayal of their trust

which is the same thing young has done to his fiance

Comment

Then it was earned.

Comment

Let me add this. We live in a world of media bullshit. This, this event, in the large scale of things, is not a big deal. In regular peoples lives, its a small dust up at a party or at best a broken friendship. Who cares. Media and guys here are making it WAY more than it is.

Its pedestrian pettiness, and a situation where a guy did something pretty stupid (releasing stuff to the media), but, in doing so, exposed another dude doing something pretty shitty to another person.

Call it even and move on. Demonizing Russell over this, in a society that is already drowning in rap eculture and alack of equality for our sisters, daughters, and partners is pretty ridiculous.

Comment

loyalty amongst friends is important because it was binds people together, its part of building trust and becoming a cohesion unit in any group that people are a part of

you have to sacrifice some individual integrity and righteous to make the unit work and move forward for the good of all
                          finding a balance between individual goals and collective goals

the goal is the build a good team atomsphere for the lakers ... youngs relationship is outside of that so in the context of the lakers russell's lack of loyalty to the group ideals is wrong and why he is being maligned for this

thats my piece

Comment

thats a fair assessment of humanity
                            we are social creatures and gossip is a part of any group dynamic and many people if they admit it or not, its a guilty pleasure to them
                            television and the internet has just made is easier to peek into peoples life without being caught

Comment

I think you might be surprised how many grown ups are in the NBA.

Anyhow, is all good. Just thought I'd add an opposing view.

Comment

well his nba teammates have already shunned him and the nba media is revelling in this so i dont know about that

i dont think its about maturity amongst people .... if you can trust someone do you want to associate them? if they did it to you or not?

Comment

Working...
                                X