The Golf Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Yep.. I never thought he would get another win...

The tour has to be pretty happy their number one draw is back on track...
    I'm not sure how long lived it will be. He's in his 40's and doesn't have the same mobility because if his spine fusion surgery. Jack started to fall off in the phase Tiger is entering. I think Jack won his last major at age 45 though.

Comment

Time to dust off this thread, and dust off the clubs...I booked my first tee time for Sunday! Fore Mothafucka!

What's the golfers here thoughts on new clubs? I played a round in BC last week with my brother in laws set and was hitting 20 yards further..I highly doubt it was just me suddenly improving..I think its time, any advice for not paying an arm and a leg? Willing to buy older models, they would still be an upgrade..
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Grab a decent set... but eff pro sets or blades, they are for the ego, not your happiness.

Titleist AP1 Irons are fantastic... I was eyeing them up before kids became too expensive.... Get them Used off Kijiji, if you don't swing fast, or aren't a low handicapper look for a regular shaft, stiff if youre athletic. Stay away from x-stiff....just a world of hurt brought on by ego.

https://www.titleist.ca/golf-clubs/irons/718-ap1

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Time to dust off this thread, and dust off the clubs...I booked my first tee time for Sunday! Fore Mothafucka!

What's the golfers here thoughts on new clubs? I played a round in BC last week with my brother in laws set and was hitting 20 yards further..I highly doubt it was just me suddenly improving..I think its time, any advice for not paying an arm and a leg? Willing to buy older models, they would still be an upgrade..
          https://www.kijiji.ca/v-golf/markham...ationFlag=true

Comment

Ya, I had playing with the same clubs for 15 years probably (and they were my dads before that) until last season when I got a set of the Wilson Staff D200 Irons on clearance at GolfTown, and then the Taylor Made M2 Driver for a decent price as well. Makes a world of difference, love those Irons, and Wilson Staff are pretty bottom of the barrel in terms of price.

Comment

Buy whatever feels good in your hands...

Lots of guys sell sets after a year because they just don’t like them..check with the pro at the pro shop to see if he knows who might have a set for sale or he might even have a couple of sets on consignment for sale...

Masters next week....
              Tiger has a shot..Phil playing well..Speith ? Dustin? Rory ?
              A cinderella story?

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

I just sent Keon 2 killer links.... bah...dead to me.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

Ya, I had playing with the same clubs for 15 years probably (and they were my dads before that) until last season when I got a set of the Wilson Staff D200 Irons on clearance at GolfTown, and then the Taylor Made M2 Driver for a decent price as well. Makes a world of difference, love those Irons, and Wilson Staff are pretty bottom of the barrel in terms of price.
                  yeah, good clubs, fitted, won't make you better, but they will help you maximize what you can do. No doubt about it.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post

yeah, good clubs, fitted, won't make you better, but they will help you maximize what you can do. No doubt about it.
                    I see you SJ. Kijiji doesn't have much here in Calgary, I've been scouring quite a bit. I am leaning gently used though f'n Nice and New looks to be an expensive combination..found these TaylorMade R11 irons at golf town for $387, they are good for intermediate players and were made in 2011..https://www.golftownpreowned.com/en/...-set-tm-s12705
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I see you SJ. Kijiji doesn't have much here in Calgary, I've been scouring quite a bit. I am leaning gently used though f'n Nice and New looks to be an expensive combination..found these TaylorMade R11 irons at golf town for $387, they are good for intermediate players and were made in 2011..https://www.golftownpreowned.com/en/...-set-tm-s12705
                      Thats a good set Keon. Used is always the way to go with clubs...I'd suggest however, a slight fitting for grips. Get new grips anyhow but have the guy at Golftown fit the grimps for you...I have large hands so I use 1.5 wraps under my grips...makes a world of difference.

Comment

Happy Masters Weekend everyone! With the Playoffs Starting as well, it's a great time to be a sports fan!

Comment

Tiger Woods y'all!!!!

Comment

yep...his saturday made up for toronto's collective failures.

Comment

TIGER WOODS!!! Fuck ya!!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X