Euro 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro 2016

Anybody going to be watching this tournament? Who ya got? What`s your background? Not sure we have too many Euro's on here...

Being of Irish heritage, I'll being rooting hard for the Republic of Ireland. We don't always score many goals or make it very far but there is a silver lining in this tournament... a game vs Italy!

I grew up with and went to a high school full of Italians. Heck, my sister even married one! It would be a successful tournament for me if we could somehow pull off another big upset of the I-talians. I still remember the '94 world cup when we beat them 1-0, day after the whole OJ Ford Bronco chase.

I suspect rocwell will be watching with passion, but I'll be interested to see who else is.

Man that Italian squad is the worst I've seen in years..Italy vs Belgium on Monday should be a good one though. Good for you for supporting your heritage team, I can't do this. I hate this France team.. with that said, this tournament is very dangerous and if you're heavy beer drinker, then your liver will be working overtime.

P.S. I'm rooting for England to bring football home. It's time. Million years of hurt is enough..HAHA. I hope.

Last edited by rocwell; Sat Jun 11, 2016, 11:34 AM.

Comment

I guess this was expected, but England fans are being attacked by Marseille Ultras quite hard. Gorilla warfare style!

Pictures from today's clash with Russians:

Aww, EURO 2016 has officially begun.
      Last edited by rocwell; Sat Jun 11, 2016, 11:42 AM.

Comment

I grew up rooting for Germany (and sometimes Netherlands), it's my dad's team as well, but I don't feel such a strong connection since Oliver Kahn and the rest of that generation retired.

So I don't know. I start with Germany as technically 'my team' but by the end of tournaments I can find myself rooting for someone else. In world cups I often root for USA now.

Comment

Apparently Russians have ambushed English fans with knives as per Daily Mail..

Comment

What was that explosion-sounding noise?! Anyone else heard it? Aaaand Russia equalize .. fuck

The hurt continues.

Last edited by rocwell; Sat Jun 11, 2016, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Ahahahaha England choked again, Wales is top of the group!

I don't have a team in particular I'm cheering for, hoping for some exciting games and some underdog runs!
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

lol

Comment

Definitely following Euro 16. Serbian background though so I don't really have a team to cheer for. Girlfriend's Polish so I guess Poland? lol. It's been a pretty decent one so far. Pretty close matches overall. Only Ukraine seemed like it didn't stand a chance v Germany.

Comment

ogi wrote: View Post
                    Definitely following Euro 16. Serbian background though so I don't really have a team to cheer for. Girlfriend's Polish so I guess Poland? lol. It's been a pretty decent one so far. Pretty close matches overall. Only Ukraine seemed like it didn't stand a chance v Germany.
                    Germany looked far from convincing at the back.
                    Last edited by rocwell; Mon Jun 13, 2016, 12:26 AM.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                      Germany looked far from convincing at the back.
                      That's what I mean though. A lot of shaky play from a lot of guys and it still ended 2-0. Germany hasn't looked nearly as good since their World Cup victory, but I'll chalk it up to a slow start. They're way too talented to not pick it up.

Comment

ogi wrote: View Post
                        That's what I mean though. A lot of shaky play from a lot of guys and it still ended 2-0. Germany hasn't looked nearly as good since their World Cup victory, but I'll chalk it up to a slow start. They're way too talented to not pick it up.
                        It was all on Ukraine for not finishing those plays. They had at least 2 excellent chances, but they don't have Shevchenko anymore so yeah.. Poland is excellent at exploiting weak defence, so it should be good test for Germans.

Comment

I think Ukraine is definitely a team to watch out for this tournament
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                            Anybody going to be watching this tournament? Who ya got? What`s your background? Not sure we have too many Euro's on here...

Being of Irish heritage, I'll being rooting hard for the Republic of Ireland. We don't always score many goals or make it very far but there is a silver lining in this tournament... a game vs Italy!

I grew up with and went to a high school full of Italians. Heck, my sister even married one! It would be a successful tournament for me if we could somehow pull off another big upset of the I-talians. I still remember the '94 world cup when we beat them 1-0, day after the whole OJ Ford Bronco chase.

I suspect rocwell will be watching with passion, but I'll be interested to see who else is.
                            I'm a france guy.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                              Apparently Russians have ambushed English fans with knives as per Daily Mail..

Ya, dont try to hooligan it up with the russians hahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X