Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just started playing this for the first time (late adopter, I know). Some really odd stats. Shaq starts with a 56 in free throws and a lot of potential, so it really only goes up from there. He's killing the league with a 24/14/5/3/2 line while shooting 88% from the line at age 27. This seems....wrong.

Comment

• NBA2K?

I never could stay in that game long because of lack of realism. After a few seasons I end up editing the players database to make players more real life like. But that only delays the problem by a few seasons, because rookies show up and it becomes completely nuts. It feels like they don't hire basketball people to help with the game (maybe they don't). Championship manager (soccer game) has made some amazing accurate predictions when you look through the years, so it's possible to make a realistic, smart sports game. Of course, Championship manager doesn't have a "player" mode, it's just a manager, so realism is their entire focus, while NBA2K focuses on other things.

I'm a nerd and it's important to me that a game reflects players well, reflects the trade system well, has some realistic variables like people leaving in free agency to join better teammates, bigger clubs, long term impact from injuries, players shining in certain systems and under certain coaches and not so much under others, etc. The more realistic, the better.
      Last edited by BobLoblaw; Sun Jun 4, 2017, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• I think I'll pass on this draft this year, because it looks like i'll get overloaded at work -- haven't had a day off in 3 weeks and considering that the work load is only going up, i don't see how i'll have more than a couple days off till August.

But I do hope you'll have a draft this year, it would be fun to follow.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
          I think I'll pass on this draft this year, because it looks like i'll get overloaded at work -- haven't had a day off in 3 weeks and considering that the work load is only going up, i don't see how i'll have more than a couple days off till August.

But I do hope you'll have a draft this year, it would be fun to follow.
          I am still considering it but looking at ways to completely reign in the commitment level.

Current train of thought is to have the draft, then instead of pure head to head, have pools/groups/divisions of teams (say 4-6 teams per division) where you can write a single game plan post to cover all the teams in your division and people vote on who would "make it out" of the division. Then winners of the divisions would be like the Final Four with head to head matchups in the traditional sense.

This way, everyone would know the time and effort commitment (a single gameplan post for some, max of 3 for the finalists) and it wouldn't drag on. Extend the divisions voting period to a week and hopefully 5 or 6 way battles would really get the conversations going - plus with just 4 divisions we could have all the division matches at once which should help get the conversations going.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
          X