No announcement yet.

Rio 2016 Summer Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men's 5k tonight. I don't see any challengers to Mo. His combo of speed and strength is unique and incredible.

Women's 800, not sure what the women can do but something has to be done about the 2 men in the field. I would be so mad if I was in this race. Melissa Bishop is the class of the field and she will have to settle for bronze at best IMO.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
      Men's 5k tonight. I don't see any challengers to Mo. His combo of speed and strength is unique and incredible.

Women's 800, not sure what the women can do but something has to be done about the 2 men in the field. I would be so mad if I was in this race. Melissa Bishop is the class of the field and she will have to settle for bronze at best IMO.
      That South African runner is ridiculous... how is that legal? Who's the second guy?

Comment

• Rio 2016 Summer Olympics

Mack North wrote: View Post
        That South African runner is ridiculous... how is that legal? Who's the second guy?
        Francine Niyonsaba of Burindi. After testosterone levels stopped being regulated, the two of them came back to the sport. They both quit for a couple years when trans women were forced to take estrogen to make them actual women, but that rule was taken down and the men are back. There is a third woman from Kenya who looks like a giant, let alone a man, but by all accounts she is a real woman. You know in the US, if you identify as a woman at any level then you can compete as a woman in highschool sports? That's ridiculous.

Comment

• I did see the Kenyan the other day... I thought I was watching a mens race for a minute til I saw the competitors.

Sydney McLaughlin is a high school athlete from NJ that made the hurdles semis. She should be pretty good in 4 years!

Comment

• Well, finally, Brazil's golden boy has won 1st Olympic football gold. Haha! Bank Holidays in Brazil until 2020!

Last edited by rocwell; Sat Aug 20, 2016, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Last day. Olympics is nearly over. Good on you Brazil, lots of shit happened, but the sport won.

22 medals for Canada. Amazing.

Where we would be without women tho?

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                I did see the Kenyan the other day... I thought I was watching a mens race for a minute til I saw the competitors.

Sydney McLaughlin is a high school athlete from NJ that made the hurdles semis. She should be pretty good in 4 years!
                This question/issue hit close to home last night when the Canadian Melissa (?) got nipped at the end in the 1500 and missing out on the podium. It is a very difficult subject which involves ethics, the natural human condition (abnormal as it may be) and competition without PEDs. In some ways it mirrors the LGBTQ debate. The issue of women "looking" like men has been around in the Olympics for years now...eg. the sports which involve strength (hammer, shotput, wrestling etc.). There are some "frightening" looking specimens there . There are probably some invisible natural physical abnormalities in some men which help them achieve heights from which others are excluded. The most obvious are the track speed events. No one seeks to impose limitations there.

Here is an article that may help sort out the thinking around it...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/20/sp...tml?ref=sports

Comment

• Love this ad during the Olympics...gotta get me some Cadburys!!

Comment

• Bolt is going out with a bang I see..

Woman no. 1

Woman no. 2

Woman no. 3

Damn!
                    Last edited by rocwell; Mon Aug 22, 2016, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Damn he's on a roll!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...women-Rio.html

Comment

Working...
                      X