No announcement yet.

Rio 2016 Summer Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And it's over. So Canada - Brazil for bronze, should be a good game.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
      And it's over. So Canada - Brazil for bronze, should be a good game.
      It should be a good game, but I got a feeling about it.. Hope we get that bronze tho.

Comment

• Derek Drouin wins gold! Great performance by him.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
          Derek Drouin wins gold! Great performance by him.
          Awesome showing. Wish he would've got that 2.40 for the OR, but who cares? We like Gooooooolllllllld!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            I'll have to catch the replay somewhere, but by all accounts it sounds like a travesty for the lad in green. Disappointing to say the least.

Comment

• The fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu3B5Mx_YvM

They've changed the rules before this Olympics where they now reward power boxers and aggressive boxers. It used to be that whoever lands more punches, wins. It was more dance competition than boxing.

The Irishman is quicker and hits more but he's not really punching hard from what I see, while the Russian is throwing some powerful punches, being more aggresive, spending more energy. I think the Irishman probably just got caught by rule changes. He was a medal winner under the old rules so he's upset.

Comment

• Told y'all.. Boxing at the Olympics is rigged.

International Boxing Association expelled handful of referees and judges from Rio after reviewing Olympic displays so far.

At least 8 fighters were definitely robbed.
                Last edited by rocwell; Wed Aug 17, 2016, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Told y'all.. Boxing at the Olympics is rigged.

International Boxing Association expelled handful of referees and judges from Rio after reviewing Olympic displays so far.

At least 8 fighters were definitely robbed.
                  Did they say which fights / how many?

It could still be just a political move though. There's public infighting in AIBA from what I'm reading now here, one official trying to force the president out.

In these cases, it's usually not about who's right, but who has more allies, and admitting fault and kicking out some officials might be easier and better for public perception than trying to explain that those fights were ok.

Or there might be corruption.

But like I said, to me, that particular fight didn't seem weird. English TV crew was super biased and pro-Irish. But the Irishman was basically playing 'tag a Russian', while the Russian was boxing and trying to kill the Irishman. The rules were changed specifically to reward aggression and real fighting.

I vaguely remember watching Olympic boxing in the past, for patriotic reasons, it wasn't very fun to me, it was just a tag game, who can touch the other guy more times. I think overall these changes are good, even if there were some problems with officiating -- and clearly with communicating these new rules to participants, trainers and public.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                    Did they say which fights / how many?

It could still be just a political move though. There's public infighting in AIBA from what I'm reading now here, one official trying to force the president out.

In these cases, it's usually not about who's right, but who has more allies, and admitting fault and kicking out some officials might be easier and better for public perception than trying to explain that those fights were ok.

Or there might be corruption.

But like I said, to me, that particular fight didn't seem weird. English TV crew was super biased and pro-Irish. But the Irishman was basically playing 'tag a Russian', while the Russian was boxing and trying to kill the Irishman. The rules were changed specifically to reward aggression and real fighting.

I vaguely remember watching Olympic boxing in the past, for patriotic reasons, it wasn't very fun to me, it was just a tag game, who can touch the other guy more times. I think overall these changes are good, even if there were some problems with officiating -- and clearly with communicating these new rules to participants, trainers and public.
                    They didn't say, but it's pretty obvious which fighters were robbed.

Did you watch ours Chechen Wolf fight against German?

Comment

They didn't say, but it's pretty obvious which fighters were robbed.

Did you watch ours Chechen Wolf fight against German?
                      Nope, I don't think so, or don't remember.

Comment

• Her head just floats

Comment

• Gatlin doesn't make the final! Best day of the Olympics so far!

Comment

Gatlin doesn't make the final! Best day of the Olympics so far!
                            When does the final start?

Comment

When does the final start?
                              Tomorrow at 6:30 Pst. DeGrasse ran a Canadian record in the semis with a 19.80! Great run by him. He has more in the tank too. Bolt is in great form, running the easiest 19.78 in history.

Comment

Tomorrow at 6:30 Pst. DeGrasse ran a Canadian record in the semis with a 19.80! Great run by him. He has more in the tank too. Bolt is in great form, running the easiest 19.78 in history.
                                Thanks

https://vine.co/v/5MZ2Y1BgQhA

aww

Comment

Working...
                                X