Horford
    Derozan
    Griffin
    Paul
    Westbrook
    Paul George
    Millsap

But I may just have open up a can of worms
    Yeah but this is what I'm telling you. That latter group only looks like they don't deserve the max because of the first group. But the first group actually deserves way more than the max. So the second group can be fairly valued at the max while also being worth way less than the first group.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Yeah but this is what I'm telling you. That latter group only looks like they don't deserve the max because of the first group. But the first group actually deserves way more than the max. So the second group can be fairly valued at the max while also being worth way less than the first group.
      Is it fair to say that teams should determine the salaries based on some algorithm/ advanced stats (I.e.win shares) and not based on the years at a certain percentage of the existing cap?

Comment

• Btw somebody liked your post Dan because you somewhat made it difficult for me, hahahaha

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
          Is it fair to say that teams should determine the salaries based on some algorithm/ advanced stats (I.e.win shares) and not based on the years at a certain percentage of the existing cap?
          Eeek, god no. Advanced stats are great but they're not as "advanced" as some would like. Not even close to baseballs abilities. That type of thinking "win shares and VORP" is what gets people thinking Jakob Poeltl is a better player than Derozan. It happened in this very forum last year.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Eeek, god no. Advanced stats are great but they're not as "advanced" as some would like. Not even close to baseballs abilities. That type of thinking "win shares and VORP" is what gets people thinking Jakob Poeltl is a better player than Derozan. It happened in this very forum last year.
            Really? as much as I never like the game of DD, never occurred in my littlest brain that Yak was better than him.

I think more comprehensive statistic analysis based on their individual performance and how they affect the team as a whole in terms of win shares in the regular season and post season vs. usage plus taking into consideration their efficiency, defensive and offensive ratings

Comment

Really? as much as I never like the game of DD, never occurred in my littlest brain that Yak was better than him.

I think more comprehensive statistic analysis based on their individual performance and how they affect the team as a whole in terms of win shares in the regular season and post season vs. usage plus taking into consideration their efficiency, defensive and offensive ratings
              Every NBA geek's favorite new stat, PIPM, takes a crack at it. They call it Value Added.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...syE/edit#gid=0

Comment

I think teams should pay players based on how they value them. How teams evaluate that is up to the front offices.

Personally, in terms of the CBA, I think the league would be better off if there was no individual max salary, just a hard cap for teams and a minimum player salary. Let the market determine player value. But the players will likely never let that happen.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  I mean when you consider that the best stats arent in the public, I would kind of be shocked if teams didnt at least try to accurately measure player value in dollars. Im sure its not totally accurate, but it could help as an aid in teambuilding and negotiations.

Comment

• So now it's 5 weeks?

Comment

• Comment

• ligament damage? Yikes.. could be longer than 5 weeks too.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          ligament damage? Yikes.. could be longer than 5 weeks too.
                          Yea he isn't coming back before the playoffs that's for sure. Thank God we got Jeremy
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• 5 weeks? Holy forking shirt.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                              Yea he isn't coming back before the playoffs that's for sure. Thank God we got Jeremy
                              Playoffs is 8 and a half weeks. Or are you just doing that GLF coping mechanism where you say the worst thing is forsure going to happen
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Well better now than right before the playoffs. Just gotta hope that everyone is healthy come mid-April.

Comment

Working...
                                X