Likes Likes:  117
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Everything VanVleet

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote A.I wrote: View Post
    Masai traded and won the Bargnani trade. I’m sure he can get value back for Lowry and Ibaka.
    But he also traded Carroll and lost. It can go both ways. Lowry has a market. He's an all-star. An older one but still a great player. You don't think a team like Detroit would love Lowry? He would get them to the playoffs finally.

Ibaka however I'm not sure.. he sucks. These playoffs have shown how bad he can be and he's owed $20M for another 2 years. There is a reason why Ryan Anderson is still with Houston. Nobody wants that contract. Nobody will want Ibaka's either.

Maybe if we attach a good role player.. like a Wright or Poeltl. Or a draft pick.. but if we're retooling/rebuilding and going younger we won't want to do that.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Everything VanVleet

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    But he also traded Carroll and lost. It can go both ways. Lowry has a market. He's an all-star. An older one but still a great player. You don't think a team like Detroit would love Lowry? He would get them to the playoffs finally.

Ibaka however I'm not sure.. he sucks. These playoffs have shown how bad he can be and he's owed $20M for another 2 years. There is a reason why Ryan Anderson is still with Houston. Nobody wants that contract. Nobody will want Ibaka's either.

Maybe if we attach a good role player.. like a Wright or Poeltl. Or a draft pick.. but if we're retooling/rebuilding and going younger we won't want to do that.
    Powell hasnít been useful this season, but he has had big moments and is young. Might be able to get something with Ibaka + Powell. Either way, if the team wants to take a step back to retool, Ibaka has to go, even if costs us a young player or a pick.

Lowry will be easy to trade to a contender/borderline Playoff team who wants to get over the hump.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer DanH's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Carroll he restricted himself to limited salary return. In the Bargs deal, he took back some dead money.

I expect if the team chases a rebuild (and I don't think they will), they will happily take back some dead salary over the next couple seasons if they can shed a little money in each deal. Which means Ujiri should be able to leverage gains out of deals.

I agree that Ibaka is making it difficult to even consider moving him with his awful play. No way the team should be paying to shed salary - selling only makes sense if you are getting a decent price.

Raptors Republic Superstar JawsGT's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

yeah, if you're looking to re-tool or rebuild, keeping Ibaka really isn't a problem. We certainly shouldn't lose assets just to get rid of him. Made sense with Carroll, as we were trying to win. A rebuild suggests management doesn't care about winning in the interim, and Ibaka certainly isn't helping us win. Man was I wrong about him regarding these playoffs...he checked out before the Wiz series ended I think.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ibaka out Fred in.... Fred could change this series if healthy and if healthy makes 1 or 2 shots and were 1-1 I want a healthy Fred come playoffs With No Ibaka I take Biz back he doesn't give a **** about Lebron he has regressed but against Lebron he is strong enough to get under his skin... We should be playing inside more anyway I want Biz toughness over a guy who has one good shooting game in 10 and Lastly no more Casey please enough is enough. He should have brought up the elbow to Demar in the presser. I want a more defensive tough line up our guys need to get in Lebrons face in Cleveland and start pushing him get under screens.... Enough with the rotations. So many Mistakes putting in all guards well they drain 3s enough with this guy. He never takes fines. I'm done with him.

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

7. Likes Mack North, SkywalkerAC, Cody73 liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lou has this on lock but itís a good look for FVV

Should help him get paid

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Lou has this on lock but it’s a good look for FVV

Should help him get paid
    Yep, his agent is licking his lips

The NBA knows about him lol
    And suddenly the man, who fancied himself a God, felt a very human chill crawl up his spine.

#KingDethroned

10. Likes Shaolin Fantastic liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer DanH's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Meh. Lou actually won the award with us, and only got a 3/21 deal that summer.

FVV was already likely in line for something similar, between 3/17 and 4/36 (tax and full MLE).

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote DanH wrote: View Post

FVV was already likely in line for something similar, between 3/17 and 4/36 (tax and full MLE).
    Freddy didn't get a chance to show his stuff in the playoffs, so that's going to keep his value down. Bench Mob magic got exposed a bit in the playoffs and PG is a high supply position. I'm guessing it will be about 5-7M per year, average.

Warriors found a D-League guy, Quinn Cook, who actually started for them and did well. .442 3P%, .593 TS%, ORTG 115.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote DanH wrote: View Post

Difference being, Lou was a journeyman already, and a one trick pony. Lethal bench scorer. FVV is probably looked at with more upside and contributing in more ways to winning. All it takes is one nutty team to drive the annual over 10 million.

I'm glad Brooklyn seems pretty content with Russell and the Knicks have a young guard too in Nitkilina, 2 teams I would see him being a perfect fit to start as their guard in a different situation
    And suddenly the man, who fancied himself a God, felt a very human chill crawl up his spine.

#KingDethroned

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread Information