Likes Likes:  117
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything VanVleet

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer DanH's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote c-troop wrote: View Post
    is freddy restricted?

do the raps still have Nando De Colo's rights?
    Yes. Yes.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Shit. People are FINALLY noticing VV eh?

We need to find a way to keep this guy at all cost. He's the guy that makes the 2nd unit go. And really he's our best young player. Surprised they didn't name him as Brogdon's replacement in the rookie/sophomore game. They named Prince instead lol smh.
    Couldn't agree more.

The starters are currently learning how you run a ball movement offence from Fred VanVleet. Need him around to continue to tutor Kyle and DeMar, not to mention the fact that the second unit minus VanVleet is useless. He makes that whole thing go, and if you want those young guys to continue to perform you need Fred there. Nobody on the team plays harder than Fred.

3rd highest Net Rating in the NBA!!!

Let's see how he does in the playoffs. My money is on him being this year's Norm.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Cody73 wrote: View Post
    Best pic of Freddy:

I honestly didn't know he wore glasses off the court, but I'm not shocked. IMO, we should invest in some Amare Stoudamire like goggles for the dude.... it'd make him look more badass.
    You would think MLSE would be able to afford the $4000 laser procedure...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    You would think MLSE would be able to afford the $4000 laser procedure...
    Pic is of him in his college days. For all we know, he has gotten Lasik since then. Just something I found thanks to Reddit.
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

gorapsgo - I wouldn't call the 2nd unit useless without VV but he makes that unit go. They wouldn't be as good without VV in the lineup. He is a hell of a passer(best playmaker on the team), he knows how to run this offence, he doesn't panic. He's always in control. And you rarely see him make poor decision.

He is the best young player on this team.

Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't know if this was posted elsewhere, (heard it said by ???? during yesterday's broadcast) but apparently Fred does his own film sessions with the second unit. Can't say how unusual that is, but I can't remember hearing that of other players.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer 007's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Don't know if this was posted elsewhere, (heard it said by ???? during yesterday's broadcast) but apparently Fred does his own film sessions with the second unit. Can't say how unusual that is, but I can't remember hearing that of other players.
    I really feel like one of the biggest reasons for the bench's success is that they (especially the younger guys) all seem to genuinely like each other, and like playing together and pushing each other forward
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic Superstar JawsGT's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote gorapsgo wrote: View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

The starters are currently learning how you run a ball movement offence from Fred VanVleet. Need him around to continue to tutor Kyle and DeMar, not to mention the fact that the second unit minus VanVleet is useless. He makes that whole thing go, and if you want those young guys to continue to perform you need Fred there. Nobody on the team plays harder than Fred.

3rd highest Net Rating in the NBA!!!

Let's see how he does in the playoffs. My money is on him being this year's Norm.
    I'm not sure about that...FVV was struggling early in the season...wasn't shooting as well and definitely wasn't passing as well as he is now. But he has been amazing the last 3 months or so. Gotta give the guy credit, someone most expected to play very little this season has evolved into the 3rd or 4th most important player on the team.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What does that mean, exactly? That he conducts the film sessions himself, without any coaches involvement? If so, pretty impressive that he has such a strong work ethic instilled already.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What does that mean, exactly? That he conducts the film sessions himself, without any coaches involvement? If so, pretty impressive that he has such a strong work ethic instilled already.
    Impressive, but I doubt it's without any coaches involvement. Can't have the players coaching themselves

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's certainly what it sounded like.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Impressive, but I doubt it's without any coaches involvement. Can't have the players coaching themselves
    Film sessions aren't for redesigning things. The coaches give the instruction and the players are expected to execute. I don't see why players can't go over film to see where breakdowns in execution occurred.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote LJ2 wrote: View Post
    I don't think it's any different than a player staying late and putting up shots on his own (without coaches).

Shots = physical game.
    Film sessions = mental game.

I suppose it's possible to work on either with or without coaches.

Raptors Republic Superstar JawsGT's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

FVV...Casey's heir!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Film sessions aren't for redesigning things. The coaches give the instruction and the players are expected to execute. I don't see why players can't go over film to see where breakdowns in execution occurred.
    It's great that the young players look up to FVV as the vet on the unit and listen to him. It's not that there is something wrong with it, but the coaches have to really trust FVV that he's correcting those breakdowns in line with the system they are running. Players sometimes see things differently than coaches do.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

VV snubbed again. What a fuckin joke. Fox is the bigger name so i guess he's the better player smh.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer 007's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just throw the Raptors' young guys out there and have them play as a third team
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good, keep that disrespected chip on their shoulder (not that I think FFV would really care that much, but I think that second unit and the whole team can add this to the ways in which the rest of the NBA doesn't respect them).

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The reason Fred didn't make it is because Fox has more PPG. That's the only stat those guys look at for this game:
    http://bkref.com/tiny/k9fSs

LeVert would have probably made it over Fox but he's injured.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information