Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axel wrote: View Post
    Ideal D League PG as he'll set up teammates properly.
    And an Absolute emergency if Lowry and Cojo go down

Comment

Will not be on the roster.

Comment

Guys, we covered this a while ago when the signing was first reported. Camp invite, nothing more. We invited 4 guys last year, none of them made the team.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Did any of those guys have any guaranteed money?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Did any of those guys have any guaranteed money?
            Can't find anything in BI, but BBref has Roberts 75K, Toupane, Kyser and Scott 25K each.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              Guys, we covered this a while ago when the signing was first reported. Camp invite, nothing more. We invited 4 guys last year, none of them made the team.
              Or it's possible that Masai suspects that CoJo or Wright will be needed for a PF trade (based on his trade talks thus far ) and wants to ensure that he has someone within the organization to move into the roster spot.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

This is a great point. Cojo has already come up in rumours.

Comment

Wonder if he's better than Byucks and Stone lol
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                    Or it's possible that Masai suspects that CoJo or Wright will be needed for a PF trade (based on his trade talks thus far ) and wants to ensure that he has someone within the organization to move into the roster spot.
                    Or maybe he has a deal lined up for JV and wants to run 5 point guards out there. Neither are the case, and certainly this move points to neither. A guy slipped past the draft that they like and would like to have on the 905. If a spot opens up, sure, that opens up an opportunity for him. But this signing does not even remotely suggest that such an opening will be created soon.

Guys, we had 4 signings exactly like this one last season and not a single one of them made the roster, and at the time of their signings there was actually a roster spot available. Trying to find meaning in this in terms of potential roster moves is a fool's game.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Or maybe he has a deal lined up for JV and wants to run 5 point guards out there. Neither are the case, and certainly this move points to neither. A guy slipped past the draft that they like and would like to have on the 905. If a spot opens up, sure, that opens up an opportunity for him. But this signing does not even remotely suggest that such an opening will be created soon.

Guys, we had 4 signings exactly like this one last season and not a single one of them made the roster, and at the time of their signings there was actually a roster spot available. Trying to find meaning in this in terms of potential roster moves is a fool's game.
                      Not nearly as foolish as telling people what they should bother talking about or not.

Maybe Masai has no intentions of VanFleet past the summer but maybe he's seen the trade demands and is stacking PG first because he foresees a deal that might cost us CoJo or Wright and wants to have a replacement within the organization for quick back fill.

VanFleet was one of the more intriguing undrafted players due to some interesting projections. Masai obviously made him somewhat of a priority over other guys at this stage.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Honestly; I was hoping from the get go of his Summer League team invite that he'd at least get a Camp Invite. I look forward to watching him play on the 905.

It's also pretty noticeable in this case as he actually did down offers teams gave him in regards to being drafted in the second round. If I can find the article in regards to it; I'll repost it here.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Guarantee is 50k, right in line with last year's guarantees.

Axel, you are free to discuss it all you like, just as I am free to discuss it with you and point out that any conclusions reached based on this signing are likely in error, just as they would have been last year in the exact same scenario.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                            Honestly; I was hoping from the get go of his Summer League team invite that he'd at least get a Camp Invite. I look forward to watching him play on the 905.

It's also pretty noticeable in this case as he actually did down offers teams gave him in regards to being drafted in the second round. If I can find the article in regards to it; I'll repost it here.
                            From what ive heard a lot of guys late in tge draft would rather go undrafted and have more control over where they end up and their contract status.

Comment

The guys on 905 last yr were kinda depth pieces but also more athletic flier types. When they got berry and singler and now vanvleet they are more like depth pieces with a specific skill, Iq and all round game with less upside. That seems more like an insurance policy. You buy insurance even tho u may never use it. Like they probably won't make a trade but if they did trade Ross and a point guard then I could see how singler and vanvleet would fit, short term.
                              I could also see Fred being a better fit than delon.

Comment

Axel, you are free to discuss it all you like, just as I am free to discuss it with you and point out that any conclusions reached based on this signing are likely in error, just as they would have been last year in the exact same scenario.
                                Oh good, you do understand that. Hard to tell since your contributions to this thread thus far have been telling everyone it was decided a while ago that he was a camp invite and nothing to discuss and mocking anything people have said. Since you seem to have made up your mind, perhaps you can allow others to still indulge in conversation.

Comment

Working...
                                X