Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GLF wrote: View Post
    Looks like you may have been right all along.
    That's what i like to hear.

I've been watching him a long time. I know he can play, shoot and defend. All he needed was CONSISTENT playing time. He's getting that now.

Anyone still think Delon is better? lol
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

I've been watching him a long time. I know he can play, shoot and defend. All he needed was CONSISTENT playing time. He's getting that now.

Dude, I'm sold. Making his 3's and finishing at the rim over NBA length were my main 2 objections and he's erasing those. I'm buying FVV stock now before it blows up like Bitcoin. Please don't be a bubble. lol.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
        I was nto impressed with F VV early in the season, he was very frustrating for me to watch, Seemed to press too much and took bad shots. This latest stretch has me feeling better about him. I don't see him as a starter in the NBA, but he is starting to find his rythm as a back up with regualr minutes. I hope he keeps proving me wrong.
        exactly how I feel. He wasn't very good at all early on. Didn't shoot well and couldn't or didn't make the right pass. But lately, the dude has been phenomenal. His shooting has been terrific and his passing ability has improved significantly. His defence has been especially surprising. He gets at it and works to stay in front of his man.

Comment

Lol I still really like Delon and hope he still gets minutes and we don't give up on him too early but yes you were right, Fred looks to be better after all lol
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I'm amazed his defence has looked so good for such a little guy. Hope he keeps it up.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Blake Murphy wrote a piece on Fred for Vice Sports about a week ago. Don't know if it's been posted.

Casey raves about VanVleet's errorless play, trusting him to play eight of the team's 24 "clutch" minutes this year and more fourth-quarter minutes than anyone on the team.

On defense, VanVleet's timing in help is impeccable, and few players on the roster dig into post-ups like he does. He's also high-effort at all times, and those things in concert help make up for the size disadvantage he's at most nights. The Raptors have their best defensive rating with VanVleet on the floor, he's a part of three of their four best defensive fivesomes and five of their six best defensive threesomes, and only Aron Baynes has been on the floor for fewer points per-100 possessions among qualified players.
              https://sports.vice.com/en_ca/articl...portstwitterca
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Delon is still better.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                  Delon is still better.
                  Nice "problem" to have. FWIW ESPN's RPM has Freddy ahead of Delon. BBRefs BPM has Delon ahead. Delon's strengths are more obvious. Harder for us average fans to see some of Fred's - can't hear him quarterbacking and communicating on D.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Not to be a voice of reason but remember how much the OG thread blew up a couple of weeks ago when he strung 2 or 3 good games together? Let's see if this lasts. That's the great thing about this roster..there are so many young guys trying to prove themselves that someone is always stepping up.

Comment

Delon is still better.
                      lol
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                        Lol I still really like Delon and hope he still gets minutes and we don't give up on him too early but yes you were right, Fred looks to be better after all lol
                        He better be the 3rd string PG when he returns.

Maybe package him along with JV for something that can actually help this team.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

He better be the 3rd string PG when he returns.

Maybe package him along with JV for something that can actually help this team.
                          Trex where are you at

Comment

Comment

Trex where are you at
                              I'm here. What's up?
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

The guy is legit, especially now that hes hitting the long ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X