Likes Likes:  55
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Everything VanVleet

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure about that...FVV was struggling early in the season...wasn't shooting as well and definitely wasn't passing as well as he is now. But he has been amazing the last 3 months or so. Gotta give the guy credit, someone most expected to play very little this season has evolved into the 3rd or 4th most important player on the team.
    Would have to disagree.

The best 5-man unit in terms of +/- in the NBA is the Raptor's bench, and Fred is the PG. That makes him among the most valuable PGs in the NBA. And keep in mind, lineups 2-5 on that list are Starting 5's from other teams!! Where are our starters on that list!!? Biggest mistake Casey made against Miami was putting the starters back in in the 4th Q...kind of sad really

If you look at the second unit when Fred isn't in, like when Norm is in or Demar is in with them instead, then it quickly turns into garbage half-court sets and they do in fact look lost. So yes, I would say the 2nd unit is useless without Fred to guide it.

Overall I would say more often than not, Fred has been the 1st or 2nd most important player on the court on any given night for the Raps, especially when you consider all the games that the 2nd unit has won for the Raps this season.

Raptors Republic Superstar JawsGT's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote gorapsgo wrote: View Post
    Would have to disagree.

The best 5-man unit in terms of +/- in the NBA is the Raptor's bench, and Fred is the PG. That makes him among the most valuable PGs in the NBA. And keep in mind, lineups 2-5 on that list are Starting 5's from other teams!! Where are our starters on that list!!? Biggest mistake Casey made against Miami was putting the starters back in in the 4th Q...kind of sad really

If you look at the second unit when Fred isn't in, like when Norm is in or Demar is in with them instead, then it quickly turns into garbage half-court sets and they do in fact look lost. So yes, I would say the 2nd unit is useless without Fred to guide it.

Overall I would say more often than not, Fred has been the 1st or 2nd most important player on the court on any given night for the Raps, especially when you consider all the games that the 2nd unit has won for the Raps this season.
    as good as he's been, I wouldn't put him ahead of Lowry or Derozan. Some nights maybe, but not most nights. JV too, I think, has been more important than Fred on some of those nights. But he is clearly leading the second unit, and has performed well above expectations in minutes against starters.

Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

His shooting release on catch-and-shoot is pure money now.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Great synopsis of Freddy's game. A must watch.
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.

5. Likes 3inthekeon liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Cody73 wrote: View Post

Great synopsis of Freddy's game. A must watch.
    Great find, Cody. I know Casey took a lot of heat earlier this year on this board, having Fred close games.

Love having someone point out a lot of the subtle things he does that the coaching staff sees, but we rarely do when watching in real time.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Van Fleet is an all round SMART high end ball player. Give him a freak body and he's a superstar.

I like the guy, and if Toronto means to go far this year, he HAS to be a mjor part of the plan

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

FVV is smart.. and there aren't really that many smart bball players. It's a one and done league for the most part, and guys get by on their athleticism. Early on I didn't see much game from FVV at all. Just a guy that was filling a roster spot. He's been great. And I really do consider him the 5th or 6th most impactful player on this team. I really hope Masai can figure out how to bring him back.

Although I probably said the same thing about Powell last year and he's trash now.

Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    FVV is smart.. and there aren't really that many smart bball players. It's a one and done league for the most part, and guys get by on their athleticism. Early on I didn't see much game from FVV at all. Just a guy that was filling a roster spot. He's been great. And I really do consider him the 5th or 6th most impactful player on this team. I really hope Masai can figure out how to bring him back.

Although I probably said the same thing about Powell last year and he's trash now.
    Powell and FVV are both tough, but Powell relies more on athleticism, , FVV on smarts. FVV may regress on his 3 pt shot, but IQ doesn't slump.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread Information