Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    FVV takes this from a 6 or 7 man team to a 10 man team. Amazing.
    Completely unlocks the bench potential. Crazy to see.

Comment

• But he was supposed to curl up, he was supposed to back down
      he was supposed to fade, evaporate into the background
      he was supposed to never be nothing but made it to something
      he knew he could do it, he will make it through it he'll prove it
      he was just another human who was supposed to be.... nobody.....

Read that statement. This kid... mark my words. If we don't resign him, he's gonna be a starter elsewhere.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
        But he was supposed to curl up, he was supposed to back down
        he was supposed to fade, evaporate into the background
        he was supposed to never be nothing but made it to something
        he knew he could do it, he will make it through it he'll prove it
        he was just another human who was supposed to be.... nobody.....

Read that statement. This kid... mark my words. If we don't resign him, he's gonna be a starter elsewhere.
        He's a better POINT GUARD than Lowry.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          He's a better POINT GUARD than Lowry.
          Sure, and rajon Rondo is a better POINT GUARD than Westbrook- what's your point?
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• FVV is definitely not coming back to this team... a shame cause without him, bench mob is trash.

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
              FVV is definitely not coming back to this team... a shame cause without him, bench mob is trash.
              He might, if promised the starting role in the next era of Raptors basketball....

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                He might, if promised the starting role in the next era of Raptors basketball....
                I honestly hope he is the starter next year, with Delon leading the bench mob. Second choice would the reverse, Delon starts, FVV off the bench.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I'm a huge Lowry fan.. but I see the tea leaves. We should look into moving him this summer. His value will not be great but I'm sure it'll be high enough to get something decent back.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    I'm a huge Lowry fan.. but I see the tea leaves. We should look into moving him this summer. His value will not be great but I'm sure it'll be high enough to get something decent back.
                    There are A LOT of badly managed teams out there. I'm not worried at all about Masai's ability to win a Lowry trade.

Comment

I'm a huge Lowry fan.. but I see the tea leaves. We should look into moving him this summer. His value will not be great but I'm sure it'll be high enough to get something decent back.
                      Masai traded and won the Bargnani trade. I’m sure he can get value back for Lowry and Ibaka.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        Masai traded and won the Bargnani trade. I’m sure he can get value back for Lowry and Ibaka.
                        But he also traded Carroll and lost. It can go both ways. Lowry has a market. He's an all-star. An older one but still a great player. You don't think a team like Detroit would love Lowry? He would get them to the playoffs finally.

Ibaka however I'm not sure.. he sucks. These playoffs have shown how bad he can be and he's owed $20M for another 2 years. There is a reason why Ryan Anderson is still with Houston. Nobody wants that contract. Nobody will want Ibaka's either.

Maybe if we attach a good role player.. like a Wright or Poeltl. Or a draft pick.. but if we're retooling/rebuilding and going younger we won't want to do that.

Comment

• Everything VanVleet

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          But he also traded Carroll and lost. It can go both ways. Lowry has a market. He's an all-star. An older one but still a great player. You don't think a team like Detroit would love Lowry? He would get them to the playoffs finally.

Ibaka however I'm not sure.. he sucks. These playoffs have shown how bad he can be and he's owed $20M for another 2 years. There is a reason why Ryan Anderson is still with Houston. Nobody wants that contract. Nobody will want Ibaka's either.

Maybe if we attach a good role player.. like a Wright or Poeltl. Or a draft pick.. but if we're retooling/rebuilding and going younger we won't want to do that.
                          Powell hasn’t been useful this season, but he has had big moments and is young. Might be able to get something with Ibaka + Powell. Either way, if the team wants to take a step back to retool, Ibaka has to go, even if costs us a young player or a pick.

Lowry will be easy to trade to a contender/borderline Playoff team who wants to get over the hump.

Comment

Carroll he restricted himself to limited salary return. In the Bargs deal, he took back some dead money.

I expect if the team chases a rebuild (and I don't think they will), they will happily take back some dead salary over the next couple seasons if they can shed a little money in each deal. Which means Ujiri should be able to leverage gains out of deals.

I agree that Ibaka is making it difficult to even consider moving him with his awful play. No way the team should be paying to shed salary - selling only makes sense if you are getting a decent price.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• yeah, if you're looking to re-tool or rebuild, keeping Ibaka really isn't a problem. We certainly shouldn't lose assets just to get rid of him. Made sense with Carroll, as we were trying to win. A rebuild suggests management doesn't care about winning in the interim, and Ibaka certainly isn't helping us win. Man was I wrong about him regarding these playoffs...he checked out before the Wiz series ended I think.

Comment

• Ibaka out Fred in.... Fred could change this series if healthy and if healthy makes 1 or 2 shots and were 1-1 I want a healthy Fred come playoffs With No Ibaka I take Biz back he doesn't give a **** about Lebron he has regressed but against Lebron he is strong enough to get under his skin... We should be playing inside more anyway I want Biz toughness over a guy who has one good shooting game in 10 and Lastly no more Casey please enough is enough. He should have brought up the elbow to Demar in the presser. I want a more defensive tough line up our guys need to get in Lebrons face in Cleveland and start pushing him get under screens.... Enough with the rotations. So many Mistakes putting in all guards well they drain 3s enough with this guy. He never takes fines. I'm done with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X