Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRex wrote: View Post
    I'm here. What's up?
    And you think because Fred hit a couple 3s against a brutal defence he’s better than delon? Not a chance.

Comment

Here's Ben Falk breaking down some great crunch time gap positioning by Fred.

https://cleaningtheglass.com/friday-...nch-post-pass/
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Hit "a couple of 3's" that's all he did huh? lmao.

I don't really need to say anything anymore lol. VV's play speaks for itself. If you still think he's a shitty player then you don't know what you're talking about and i question your basketball knowledge.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Hit "a couple of 3's" that's all he did huh? lmao.

I don't really need to say anything anymore lol. VV's play speaks for itself. If you still think he's a shitty player then you don't know what you're talking about and i question your basketball knowledge.
          Not once did I say he was a bad player. I only ever said that Delon was better than him and he shouldn’t be closing games regularly. And those both hold true.

Comment

I'm not really sure how it's true because VV is mostly the one closing games for the Raptors and not Wright. So apparently Coach Casey agrees with me.

What's next? Casey sucks? Casey has no idea what he's doing?

Sometimes you just have to admit you're wrong. Take an L. Sit down and be humble.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Delon and VanVleet have been outplaying each other basically every other game. Great internal competition

Comment

I'm not really sure how it's true because VV is mostly the one closing games for the Raptors and not Wright. So apparently Coach Casey agrees with me.
                It's not that clear. In recent close games:

Against Miami, he opted for FVV to play the first 6 minutes of the 4th and then Delon to close.
                Against Brooklyn, both played almost all of the 4th and overtime, with Wright getting a breather midway through the 4th, and FVV sitting the first few minutes of OT.
                Against Chicago (tied entering the 4th), Wright played all but the last minute, at which time Raptors were up 15. FVV played the first half of that quarter, and then sat until that last minute.
                In the OT game against Milwaukee, FVV played all of the 4th and overtime, while Wright played just the first half of the 4th.

If you wanted to score those for Casey's trust, I'd give advantage to Wright in the Miami and Chicago games, FVV the advantage in the Milwaukee game, and a draw in the Brooklyn game. But I really don't see the point in splitting hairs to that degree. It looks to me like Casey is pretty happy trusting either of them closing close games, and is making decisions between based on matchups and game situation.

Comment

He better be the 3rd string PG when he returns.

Maybe package him along with JV for something that can actually help this team.
                  Why do many people here believe in trading JV ?

Comment

Should be in the conversation for 6th man of the year. He's the engine of that unit. And overall is the best playmaker on the team.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      Should be in the conversation for 6th man of the year. He's the engine of that unit. And overall is the best playmaker on the team.
                      Louis "Sweet Lou" Williams already lapped the field
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Louis "Sweet Lou" Williams already lapped the field
                        and Eric Gordon right behind him
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• And last night showed 3rd string point guards are easy to replace, if you're OK with watching some GLeaguer accomplish almost nothing.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• VV is what makes that 2nd unit go.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              And last night showed 3rd string point guards are easy to replace, if you're OK with watching some GLeaguer accomplish almost nothing.
                              TBH, I think last night showed more about Casey's rigid rotations than anything else. We shouldn't even be talking about how a G-leaguer had a key impact on a winnable game. Brown should never have gotten off the bench. Casey's been pretty good overall this year, but some things never change. Not feeling so confident about the playoffs, atm.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                And last night showed 3rd string point guards are easy to replace, if you're OK with watching some GLeaguer accomplish almost nothing.
                                Last night showed what happens when you insist on playing multiple PG's for no freaking reason, while at the same time refusing to spread your stars' minutes out to actually do that in a productive fashion, to the extent that you play a G-League quality player when you have no reason to.

FVV has been really good. But the drop off from the all-bench unit with him vs without him wouldn't be significant if the new no-FVV bench unit was, for example, Wright-Powell-Miles-Siakam-Poeltl, instead of Wright-Brown-Powell-Siakam-Poeltl. Or better yet, if we stopped being dumb (especially in short rotation injury situations) and just staggered the stars' minutes.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X