No announcement yet.

Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where in my comment was I validating Casey's decision to play Brown?
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      VV is what makes that 2nd unit go.
      Sometimes. Wright's a good backup, but there's been nights where he's been pretty bad, and FVV has stepped up. There have also been nights where FVV has done squat and Wright has played well. I'm not saying one is better than the other, their styles and abilities are very different, but neither is a 3rd stringer.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        Where in my comment was I validating Casey's decision to play Brown?
        I didn't say you validated Casey's decision - just saying that plugging a scrub into VV's role last night doesn't say anything about VV's replaceability, like you implied. It says more about the stupidity to have Brown in that role in the first place.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          I didn't say you validated Casey's decision - just saying that plugging a scrub into VV's role last night doesn't say anything about VV's replaceability, like you implied. It says more about the stupidity to have Brown in that role in the first place.
          Its Casey 2 pg lineup that's maddening. Yes I understand some matchup call for it but when they don't then its maddening.

Comment

• I suspect the only reason Brown played was because it was a B2B, and Casey wanted to rest Kyle as much as he could knowing FVV wasn't around. At least that's my hope. Brown was like a -9. He did get one shot in though IIRC.

Comment

• I can't believe the Raps uses 10-12 players every game to be honest. It's actually pretty crazy if you think about it. I've never seen anything like this. Not even bad teams.

I don't think they're a deep team at all. And i don't think the whole "bench unit" lineup is going to work come playoff time. They need to shorten up the bench and one of Lowry/DeRozan should be on the floor at all times.

And oh Brown has no business playing in non garbage time NBA games.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I actually don't mind Casey playing Brown last night.

If you're going to develope G leaguers and give them minutes a Thursday game in February is a pretty good game to do so.

Giving the bench minutes is what has made this team deep. Siakam was terrible once upon a time. FVV was once unlikely to even make the team. When you have $80 mill tied up in 3 players you need to develop the bench.

The raps lost games last year because they played Siakam too much. But it's helping him this year. FVV was said to be playing too many minutes earlier this season now we are all wondering how we are going to keep him.

I have no idea if Lorenzo will turn into an NBA player or not. But he and other bench players won't stand a chance if they don't get a a couple games of PT when 2 rotation players are out of the lineup. He didn't play well last night and it sucks we lost. But development doesn't happen without growing pains.

Comment

Should be in the conversation for 6th man of the year. He's the engine of that unit. And overall is the best playmaker on the team.
                  best playmaker...lol, and norm powell is the third best player on the team too right

Comment

Which was said about 20 times already. My comment was directed at those who think VanVleet is easily replaceable.

Comment

I can't believe the Raps uses 10-12 players every game to be honest. It's actually pretty crazy if you think about it. I've never seen anything like this. Not even bad teams.

I don't think they're a deep team at all. And i don't think the whole "bench unit" lineup is going to work come playoff time. They need to shorten up the bench and one of Lowry/DeRozan should be on the floor at all times.

And oh Brown has no business playing in non garbage time NBA games.
                      Its the regular season who gives a shit. This is the best time to develop the young guys and we're winning games while doing it lol

Comment

• I really don't know what the aversion to closing games with OG as the 5th guy is.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          I really don't know what the aversion to closing games with OG as the 5th guy is.
                          Minutes restriction, he came back way earlier than expected

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            Which was said about 20 times already. My comment was directed at those who think VanVleet is easily replaceable.
                            FVV IS easily replaceable. Not by Lorenzo Brown obviously, but there are always backup PGs like TJ McConnell, Isaiah Canaan, Troy Daniels, DJ Augustin, CJ Watson, Josh Hart, Jerian Grant, Brandon Jennings, Nando de Colo, Norris Cole, etc.... available every year in the market, as free agents or they can be picked up cheaply in trades and do what FVV is doing.

Comment

FVV IS easily replaceable. Not by Lorenzo Brown obviously, but there are always backup PGs like TJ McConnell, Isaiah Canaan, Troy Daniels, DJ Augustin, CJ Watson, Josh Hart, Jerian Grant, Brandon Jennings, Nando de Colo, Norris Cole, etc.... available every year in the market, as free agents or they can be picked up cheaply in trades and do what FVV is doing.
                              ???

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                Minutes restriction, he came back way earlier than expected
                                This is what I thought, but lately OG has been getting garbage time minutes, which makes no sense at all in terms of the theory they are protecting him from more minutes than he needs to play.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X