This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tucas wrote: View Post
    The only thing I can think is if yahoo automatically vetoed it if it was accepted after March 1st. Like if it was accepted on like March 2nd at 2am.
    I get emails for every accepted trade but got nothing for this one. I also highly doubt 4 people vetoed the trade when a couple teams are inactive and those that are active have basically already said they haven’t.

Comment

• My thinking on the Russ/Steph deal was that i’d rather have Steph going forward and Schroeder (who is not really a keeper - especially since I have Jrue, Lonzo and Steph/Russ) was the price to pay for the upgrade.

Comment

• pakdawgie wrote: View Post
        My thinking on the Russ/Steph deal was that i’d rather have Steph going forward and Schroeder (who is not really a keeper - especially since I have Jrue, Lonzo and Steph/Russ) was the price to pay for the upgrade.
        It was a perfectly reasonable deal. Like I said, no reason it should have been vetoed. I'll push it through over the weekend. Give it the same few days it would take to pass approval stage.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          Not at all sure what happened with the Russ-Steph trade ... might brute force it through, as there is no reason that should have been vetoed.
          When should we expect that trade to be forced through?

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
            When should we expect that trade to be forced through?
            Done and done. Russell Westbrook for Seth Curry has been completed.

Comment

• Question: Why not just make them all this way? Why are we voting? Four people voted against that for whatever reason unexplained and now the veto has been vetoed? Illusions of democracy? lol

Another idea is to make the vote public(on here) but I guess that kind of veto could still be vetoed.

Comment

• Realizar, do you have any plans of ever setting your lineups in this league? Has been well over a month since any change has happened to your lineup. If you have no plans we can explore finding a replacement manager in the off-season.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Question: Why not just make them all this way? Why are we voting? Four people voted against that for whatever reason unexplained and now the veto has been vetoed? Illusions of democracy? lol

Another idea is to make the vote public(on here) but I guess that kind of veto could still be vetoed.
                  There's no way 4 people voted against this, as it was vetoed within a couple hours of the trade being processed. I think Yahoo glitched. But either way, I think in general it's important to allow people a voice, but agree that they should be voicing any concerns in the thread as well.

At the end of the day, I think it's fair for Commissioner to reserve rights to overturn any "Veto" if appropriate concerns haven't been raised and none can be seen.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    There's no way 4 people voted against this, as it was vetoed within a couple hours of the trade being processed. I think Yahoo glitched. But either way, I think in general it's important to allow people a voice, but agree that they should be voicing any concerns in the thread as well.

At the end of the day, I think it's fair for Commissioner to reserve rights to overturn any "Veto" if appropriate concerns haven't been raised and none can be seen.
                    It just seemed like we went off script. I personally don't care about the trade pieces. I mean my trade last month was just as "fair" or "unfair" in my opinion and that one passed. My whole point is why not just remove our votes altogether? There's no proof there was a glitch but no one is racing to backup their vote. The decision was to force it through anyway. Why don't we pick a consistent path?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      It just seemed like we went off script. I personally don't care about the trade pieces. I mean my trade last month was just as "fair" or "unfair" in my opinion and that one passed. My whole point is why not just remove our votes altogether? There's no proof there was a glitch but no one is racing to backup their vote. The decision was to force it through anyway. Why don't we pick a consistent path?
                      I wouldn't say we've been "inconsistent" or have gone "off script" though. It's a unique situation, that rightly called for a unique solution. I do think it's still an important tool in a league like this, and in general, I agree with having a mechanism in place for when trades are obviously to the detriment of balance and well-being of the league, people can voice their concerns. That said, I heard no such concerns on this trade, and saw no immediate red flags, so therefore I took the approach that I did. If anyone has any issues with that, I welcome them to message me and let me know, but I'd rather not move to a fully open trade market, and I'd also prefer not to go with the Commissioner having to approve every trade made. So we'll stick with this unless anyone has any major issues.

Comment

• Man, what a fall from grace after Boogie got injured. 1st to 6th with 5 straight losses and I'll probably be bounced quickly.

Comment

• I'm hoping I can win the title this year despite losing Conley. First match up is against Drizz who proved his team has some bite when he took down Skywalker earlier in the season.

Comment

• Kwahi may come back this week.. Need all the help I can get to try and get an upset.

Comment

• Looks like we're on to the final four. Tried my best to get an upset but Skywalker is just too good. Good luck to all that are still alive.

Comment

• Congrats, thanks and adios.

Congrats to those moving on. This was one of my best seasons even though it didn't end well. You guys put up some fierce competition.

Thanks to Joey and to anyone else who contributed to running the league this season.

Also, I have an announcement to make. I'm leaving the keeper league. It was fun but I thought about it and I'm already in the Dynasty league and there are people who want in on these two leagues but can't. So I'm moving out of the way in this one to give someone else a chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X