Likes Likes:  71
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: RR NBA Keeper League (S8!!)

Super Moderator
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Question: Why not just make them all this way? Why are we voting? Four people voted against that for whatever reason unexplained and now the veto has been vetoed? Illusions of democracy? lol

Another idea is to make the vote public(on here) but I guess that kind of veto could still be vetoed.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Realizar, do you have any plans of ever setting your lineups in this league? Has been well over a month since any change has happened to your lineup. If you have no plans we can explore finding a replacement manager in the off-season.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Question: Why not just make them all this way? Why are we voting? Four people voted against that for whatever reason unexplained and now the veto has been vetoed? Illusions of democracy? lol

Another idea is to make the vote public(on here) but I guess that kind of veto could still be vetoed.
    There's no way 4 people voted against this, as it was vetoed within a couple hours of the trade being processed. I think Yahoo glitched. But either way, I think in general it's important to allow people a voice, but agree that they should be voicing any concerns in the thread as well.

At the end of the day, I think it's fair for Commissioner to reserve rights to overturn any "Veto" if appropriate concerns haven't been raised and none can be seen.

Super Moderator
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    There's no way 4 people voted against this, as it was vetoed within a couple hours of the trade being processed. I think Yahoo glitched. But either way, I think in general it's important to allow people a voice, but agree that they should be voicing any concerns in the thread as well.

At the end of the day, I think it's fair for Commissioner to reserve rights to overturn any "Veto" if appropriate concerns haven't been raised and none can be seen.
    It just seemed like we went off script. I personally don't care about the trade pieces. I mean my trade last month was just as "fair" or "unfair" in my opinion and that one passed. My whole point is why not just remove our votes altogether? There's no proof there was a glitch but no one is racing to backup their vote. The decision was to force it through anyway. Why don't we pick a consistent path?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It just seemed like we went off script. I personally don't care about the trade pieces. I mean my trade last month was just as "fair" or "unfair" in my opinion and that one passed. My whole point is why not just remove our votes altogether? There's no proof there was a glitch but no one is racing to backup their vote. The decision was to force it through anyway. Why don't we pick a consistent path?
    I wouldn't say we've been "inconsistent" or have gone "off script" though. It's a unique situation, that rightly called for a unique solution. I do think it's still an important tool in a league like this, and in general, I agree with having a mechanism in place for when trades are obviously to the detriment of balance and well-being of the league, people can voice their concerns. That said, I heard no such concerns on this trade, and saw no immediate red flags, so therefore I took the approach that I did. If anyone has any issues with that, I welcome them to message me and let me know, but I'd rather not move to a fully open trade market, and I'd also prefer not to go with the Commissioner having to approve every trade made. So we'll stick with this unless anyone has any major issues.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Man, what a fall from grace after Boogie got injured. 1st to 6th with 5 straight losses and I'll probably be bounced quickly.

Super Moderator
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm hoping I can win the title this year despite losing Conley. First match up is against Drizz who proved his team has some bite when he took down Skywalker earlier in the season.

8. Likes drizz liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Kwahi may come back this week.. Need all the help I can get to try and get an upset.

10. Likes Joey liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looks like we're on to the final four. Tried my best to get an upset but Skywalker is just too good. Good luck to all that are still alive.

12. Likes Joey liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Congrats, thanks and adios.

Congrats to those moving on. This was one of my best seasons even though it didn't end well. You guys put up some fierce competition.

Thanks to Joey and to anyone else who contributed to running the league this season.

Also, I have an announcement to make. I'm leaving the keeper league. It was fun but I thought about it and I'm already in the Dynasty league and there are people who want in on these two leagues but can't. So I'm moving out of the way in this one to give someone else a chance.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Kinda nervous going into the last 2 days. We're both just gonna have to play the waiting game as we've both used all of our player adds, but jbml has more guys playing. Not sure if I can hold onto the lead, but it will be a tight one!

15. Likes Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Congrats jbml! It was back and forth yesterday, and that was a tough loss to swallow. But a good win for you!

17. Likes Joey, planetmars, Mack North liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ya, BIG congrats to First Time Champ jbml!! Having come into the league in our 3rd Season (I think), and taking on a team that was either dead last or 2nd from the bottom, I think it's pretty neat to see him get the win. Helluva fight you put up though rapfan!!

19. Likes drizz, planetmars, Mack North liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Congrats jbml. East Coast Represent!
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Congrats to those moving on. This was one of my best seasons even though it didn't end well. You guys put up some fierce competition.

Thanks to Joey and to anyone else who contributed to running the league this season.

Also, I have an announcement to make. I'm leaving the keeper league. It was fun but I thought about it and I'm already in the Dynasty league and there are people who want in on these two leagues but can't. So I'm moving out of the way in this one to give someone else a chance.
    Sucks to see you leave man. The guy that replaces you should have some nice keepers going into next year.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Congrats, jbml!

Raptors Republic Superstar Maury's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Joey told me to post here if I want in... so here I am.

24. Likes Joey liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Maury wrote: View Post
    Joey told me to post here if I want in... so here I am.
    First come, first served - you get Apollo's team, with potential keepers such as Paul George, Klay Thompson and Chris Paul. Things don't ramp up again until September when Yahoo opens the leagues up for Registration, but you've got the team. Welcome!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread Information