Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Derrick rose gives no fucks about anything except Derrick rose.
    Sounds like New York Knicks basketball culture to me.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Had 28 and 20 last night against GSW.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      JV could put those numbers up against GS as well, and same as Miami the Raptors would be doing exactly what GS wants.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        There's a middle ground between being impatient/overactive and excessively cautious.

If you wait to win every trade, you may end up watching opportunities sail by.

That's how you end up becoming the Hawks. (For example, demanded too much for Horford and he walked.)
        I don't understand this repeated assertion that "Masai won't make any move unless he "wins" the trade". Is there any evidence at all for this assertion? I can't imagine MU gives a damn whether anyone thinks he "won" or "lost" a trade. What he cares about, like any GM, is whether a trade makes the team better and maximizes value for the organization. We only really know about one deal that Ujiri passed on making that was there to be had and that was the Ibaka deal at the draft. No one can make the case that failing to outbid Orlando was "too cautious" as it was clearly the right play. If there's evidence otherwise I'm glad to consider it but, until then, this is just impatient fans projecting motivations onto Ujiri to explain why they are obviously correct about making a trade NOW NOW NOW - and why that isn't happening.

These are the same criticisms that Ujiri faced in Denver during the Melo saga but he had the last laugh on that one. If I was a betting man, my guess is he'll have the last laugh this time, too.

Comment

There's a middle ground between being impatient/overactive and excessively cautious.

That's how you end up becoming the Hawks. (For example, demanded too much for Horford and he walked.)
          To be fair, to end up like the Hawks you have to refuse to re-sign your own free agents. Masai's track record is quite the opposite.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Hawks are a really bad example to use. They simply don't have the money. Instead of going into tax to keep together a 60-win core, they are constantly choosing between keeping free agent A over free agent B. E.G. Milsap over Carrol, Milsap over Horford, Schroeder over Teague.

Hawks could have had: Teague/Korver/Carroll/Milsap/Horford as starters with Schroeder/Bazemore/Thabo/Muscala/Splitter coming off the bench. That's a talented and deep team they could have had just by paying up and re-signing their own players.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              JV could put those numbers up against GS as well, and same as Miami the Raptors would be doing exactly what GS wants.
              Actually miami played an amazing game at golden state and were right in until the final 2 minutes, they kept their bigs in, destroyed the boards, and forced golden states hand to keep playing zaza pachulia.

Food for thought
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Hawks are a really bad example to use. They simply don't have the money. Instead of going into tax to keep together a 60-win core, they are constantly choosing between keeping free agent A over free agent B. E.G. Milsap over Carrol, Milsap over Horford, Schroeder over Teague.

Hawks could have had: Teague/Korver/Carroll/Milsap/Horford as starters with Schroeder/Bazemore/Thabo/Muscala/Splitter coming off the bench. That's a talented and deep team they could have had just by paying up and re-signing their own players.
                I hope and trust we won't make the same mistake. Gotta resign Kyle and PP. Not getting any other help in free agency.

Comment

• if gallo, chandler, and/or millsap are unattainable now

I wouldnt mind masai to kick the tires on a jared dudley deal. It would bring in another big body to throw on lebron, it would provide assurance if the whole sullinger experiment doesn't work out (i.e. he never gets healthy), and it would bring in another grizzled vet.

He could probably be had for a late first (Clippers first or even our own first) since phenix doesnt look like theyll be contending anytime soon.
                  I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                    if gallo, chandler, and/or millsap are unattainable now

I wouldnt mind masai to kick the tires on a jared dudley deal. It would bring in another big body to throw on lebron, it would provide assurance if the whole sullinger experiment doesn't work out (i.e. he never gets healthy), and it would bring in another grizzled vet.

He could probably be had for a late first (Clippers first or even our own first) since phenix doesnt look like theyll be contending anytime soon.
                    Yeah, I'd be interested in either dudley or tucker from PHX,

Comment

• Chefff wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, I'd be interested in either dudley or tucker from PHX,
                      I would be interested in TJ Warren, but what you would lose to get Dudley or Tucker would be too much. Dudley doesn't improve the team enough to give up close to 10 Mill in talent.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        I don't understand this repeated assertion that "Masai won't make any move unless he "wins" the trade". Is there any evidence at all for this assertion? I can't imagine MU gives a damn whether anyone thinks he "won" or "lost" a trade. What he cares about, like any GM, is whether a trade makes the team better and maximizes value for the organization. We only really know about one deal that Ujiri passed on making that was there to be had and that was the Ibaka deal at the draft. No one can make the case that failing to outbid Orlando was "too cautious" as it was clearly the right play. If there's evidence otherwise I'm glad to consider it but, until then, this is just impatient fans projecting motivations onto Ujiri to explain why they are obviously correct about making a trade NOW NOW NOW - and why that isn't happening.

These are the same criticisms that Ujiri faced in Denver during the Melo saga but he had the last laugh on that one. If I was a betting man, my guess is he'll have the last laugh this time, too.
                        There was a direct quote from Zach Lowe in his podcast about the Raps. Masai may not care about the optics but he seemingly does care about winning every deal if his reputation is to be believed. Lowe has good sources and I trust his opinion pretty much above everyone.

Just today one of the Denver Stiffs writer posted this:
                        I’d wager one of the reasons you haven’t seen any deals with Masai Ujiri recently is that he insists on winning every trade. So if you have someone who has that mentality you get teams who are like "I’m not helping you out".

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

That 60-win core got swept by the Cavs in 2014-15, and essentially the same team less Carroll (who it appears they rightly chose not to re-sign) got swept again in 2015-16.

Not the best example, but they are NBA shorthand for a treadmill team. And that's the broader point.

Let's say the Hawks aren't bluffing and decide to keep Millsap. There was a definite window for us to add a piece who would give us a serious shot at defeating Cleveland. If we end up doing nothing because we wanted to absolutely "win" the trade, it was a missed opportunity.

All I'm saying is that taking good risks is not the same as being reckless like Colangelo, and that invoking Colangelo can't be a blanket excuse for inaction. Strategically it doesn't even make sense... The whole point of patiently amassing assets is/was ostensibly to convert them into value.

Comment

There was a direct quote from Zach Lowe in his podcast about the Raps. Masai may not care about the optics but he seemingly does care about winning every deal if his reputation is to be believed. Lowe has good sources and I trust his opinion pretty much above everyone.

Just today one of the Denver Stiffs writer posted this:
                            Sounds like a writer that's bitter masai left them. How are all those jurkic and nerkic's workin out for ya denver?
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Sounds like a writer that's bitter masai left them. How are all those jurkic and nerkic's workin out for ya denver?
                              Jokic is working out pretty damn well, blaming him for Denver's issues is like blaming Porzingis for the Knicks problems.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Lol D Rose wants $150M deal. Insanity.

Comment

Working...
                                X