Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joey wrote: View Post
    I'd like to think I do, but I guess I'm a bachelor for a reason. Lol

I have actually thought about getting a dashcam though, yes. They have some really good ones too that can detect if someone hits you if you're away from the car, and can record the time and turn itself on and stuff. Can definitely see myeslf making the investment.. If I've learned anything from watching Russian Videos, its that Dashcams come in handy at some pretty random times. Lol
    To heck with the dashcam, with that red you need to add a sweet Raptors logo to the hood. The claw/ball logo would be sweet on that hood. Probably draw in the ladies too
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Any BMW or Audi owners in the group? Good experiences? Bad experiences?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Have heard nothing but great things about Audi's, and I'm on a German Car forum thing, and the Audi guys are very vocal. "Best Cars on the Market" I have seen several times. While that's likely an exaggeration, my VW has been completely perfect (knock on wood) for going on a year now, and Audis are just better VWs.

BMWs are expensive as f*ck to maintain, and purchase, and aren't much better than Audis in terms of performance or ride experience. BMW does however offer complimentary Oil Changes under the Warranty, which I guess is a nice perk. Lol

I thought you were looking at the Golf R though??

Comment

Have heard nothing but great things about Audi's, and I'm on a German Car forum thing, and the Audi guys are very vocal. "Best Cars on the Market" I have seen several times. While that's likely an exaggeration, my VW has been completely perfect (knock on wood) for going on a year now, and Audis are just better VWs.

BMWs are expensive as f*ck to maintain, and purchase, and aren't much better than Audis in terms of performance or ride experience. BMW does however offer complimentary Oil Changes under the Warranty, which I guess is a nice perk. Lol

Jawohl Herr Joey meister. German cars are goot yes?

I did own a BMW 320I about 10 yrs. ago and it served me well...no complaints. It was a stick ...just got back from Europe at the time and got the bug I guess. Wasn't sorry. Circumstances changed and additions came along (incl. the pooch) so had to let it go. But I was shocked at the b/s the VW guys pulled on the pollution manipulations. VW obviously passed on their polluted management style to Audi who took a bit of a dip there performance wise for a few years but I understand back in good graces as far as the ride goes. Haven't owned a Detroit type since..... lol.

Comment

I Love my '08 BMW 328i

I bought it used in early '13 and it had low mileage. Still no major repairs, just regular maintenance (basically just oil changes and I replaced the brakes). Every time I visit my mechanic I'm expecting something to come up but I end up getting the thumbs up.

*knock on wood*

I was somewhat of a "tuner" back in the day so I loved/enjoyed my Acura (RSX) and Honda (Civic) but I really love my BMW and I think my next ride will be another BMW if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Golf R was at the top of my list, but wife vetoed it. Too "boy racer" for her liking, lol.

So I've narrowed it down to the F30 BMW 335i, or the B8.5 Audi S5. Hoping to get a stick, but a little tougher to find.

Oddly enough, I'm not interested in the 2-door BMW 4 series, nor the 4-door Audi S4.

And I've heard horror stories regarding maintenance/repair costs with both brands. If I buy out of warranty, I have comfort in knowing that there's a very reputable independent shop near my house that specializes in German brands. So I'll save some $$$ there.

The smart decision is to wait until the fall of 2018 (when my youngest son is out of day care), but I'm not sure I have the will power.

Comment

Would definitely go with the S5, but only because that's one of my favourite cars on the market.

Comment

Would definitely go with the S5, but only because that's one of my favourite cars on the market.
                  Ya, it's the front runner, for sure. Only hesitation is the 2-door, and lack of practicality with 2 kids currently under 5 years old. But we do have an Acura MDX for most of our family hauling. And 90% of my driving time is solo (to and from work). Very soon, kids will be old enough to hop in the back and buckle their own seat belts.

At least, that's how I'm justifying a potential 2-door purchase

Comment

Ya, it's the front runner, for sure. Only hesitation is the 2-door, and lack of practicality with 2 kids currently under 5 years old. But we do have an Acura MDX for most of our family hauling. And 90% of my driving time is solo (to and from work). Very soon, kids will be old enough to hop in the back and buckle their own seat belts.

Perfectly acceptable reasoning. I think you know what to do.

Comment

This is a tough one. All my prior cars were 2 door stick shifts. I really wanted a 2 door 335i but eventually settled for a 4 door as i thought it was more practical with the our son being 2 at the time. Not sure if i will do that again as my son now is 6 and it wouldn't be an issue with the two door as it was when he was a toddler.

I'm with Joey on this one. Get the S5... it's such a sweet ride!! But in any case, you can't go wrong with a BMW 335i as your second choice.

Comment

Well folks, I bit the bullet on Saturday and purchased this beauty. I pick it up next weekend. Can't wait!

Now I just need to teach my wife how to drive a stick, lol.

Comment

Well folks, I bit the bullet on Saturday and purchased this beauty. I pick it up next weekend. Can't wait!

Dope.

I’d suggest buying a cheaper car to smoke the clutch on lol
                          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                          Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                            Dope.

I’d suggest buying a cheaper car to smoke the clutch on lol
                            I came across a site called 'Turo'. It's basically an Airbnb for cars. I'll try and find a manual that way

Comment

You bought a Harvey Weinstein mobile ...and you have a wife?!

bad joke

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                                You bought a Harvey Weinstein mobile ...and you have a wife?!

bad joke
                                Lol, if Harvey drives this, I may have to sell it.

Comment

Working...
                                X