The Car Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joey wrote: View Post
    LOL This is wild. No idea where else to put this, but I guess Warning for language ...

Edited the thread name to make this relevant. Lol
    Watching without sound so trying to understand what's happening. Why did the camera car decide to follow in hot pursuit? lol

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Watching without sound so trying to understand what's happening. Why did the camera car decide to follow in hot pursuit? lol
      Hahaha it definitely needs sounds. The guy with the camera yells out his window to the blocked in Civic - "Back up!! Just Back up!!", and then the Honda does, and drives away, and the guy with the camera is offering some colour commentary as it happens. Haha

Comment

How to fill up at a gas station with your Tesla ...

Comment

Didn't know quite where to place this ....

Comment

This is amazing ... recommend watching the whole thing.

Comment

^^^^^^

The Kawhi horror video

Comment

So I recently had the fortune of doing one of those exotic car tours. 6 total hours spent in 6 wonders of modern engineering.

From left to right:

- Ferrari 458 Italia
                - McLaren 570S
                - Lambo Huracan
                - Mercedes AMG GT
                - BMW i8
                - Nissan GT-R

What an experience! My new life goal is to somehow/someway own a totally impractical supercar. Every other car on the road is simply a tool to get to/from work in comparison.

Comment

So I recently had the fortune of doing one of those exotic car tours. 6 total hours spent in 6 wonders of modern engineering.

From left to right:

- Ferrari 458 Italia
                  - McLaren 570S
                  - Lambo Huracan
                  - Mercedes AMG GT
                  - BMW i8
                  - Nissan GT-R

What an experience! My new life goal is to somehow/someway own a totally impractical supercar. Every other car on the road is simply a tool to get to/from work in comparison.
                  So cool! Where'd you do that?? Details!

Comment

From left to right:

- Ferrari 458 Italia
                    - McLaren 570S
                    - Lambo Huracan
                    - Mercedes AMG GT
                    - BMW i8
                    - Nissan GT-R

Aim higher Nilanka, aim higher

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

So cool! Where'd you do that?? Details!
                      It was at a tour operator in Stoney Creek called 'Ultimate Exotics'. I went with a friend, so each pair spent 1 hr in each car, and we switched drivers every 30 mins. We took side roads to Port Dover, ate lunch there (included in the price), and then drove back. Mostly 80 km/h zones, but we were pushing 160 km/h at times, lol.

There's a lead car and a tail car that are driven by staff, and we're all on 2-way radios.

There was a summer promotion going on, so it came to about $600 for the day.

Personally, I liked the Lambo the best, but was very impressed with the GT-R and i8. I liked them both better than the Ferrari and McLaren. The Benz felt too rough around the edges. Wasn't as stable as the rest. I was scared I would die if I pushed it too hard, lol.

Can find more info here: https://ultimateexotics.ca/

Comment

• I was really hoping to drive their Audi R8, but someone a day earlier ignored the safety instructions and turned off the traction control. He wiped out on the 1st turn. $25,000 repair bill.

Comment

• Welp ... it's with great sadness that I bid farewell to my Beast. Car is getting written off, even though it still looks this good! Some jerk cut me off on the highway. I was deemed 0% at fault, so insurance has been great so far, but waiting to see my settlement ... if I get the number I want, then it'll be hard to be too upset ... might upgrade to the Golf R, since all the aftermarket bits and pieces I put on the GTI would fit it as well.

75380088_10156638789602374_7618591239377518592_n.jpg
                          76640137_10156638789632374_7634476622598373376_n.jpg

Comment

Welp ... it's with great sadness that I bid farewell to my Beast. Car is getting written off, even though it still looks this good! Some jerk cut me off on the highway. I was deemed 0% at fault, so insurance has been great so far, but waiting to see my settlement ... if I get the number I want, then it'll be hard to be too upset ... might upgrade to the Golf R, since all the aftermarket bits and pieces I put on the GTI would fit it as well.
                            Oh no!! My "condolences" for your loss. Is it so bad that it be considered a "write off"? But probably a better option rather than dealing with possible structural problems/front end etc.

But what about the fast&furious details or rollovers etc? Were you racing Joey? Haha. I don't like the 400 anymore... too many speedsters on it doing the bob&weave.

Glad u are ok.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

Oh no!! My "condolences" for your loss. Is it so bad that it be considered a "write off"? But probably a better option rather than dealing with possible structural problems/front end etc.

But what about the fast&furious details or rollovers etc? Were you racing Joey? Haha. I don't like the 400 anymore... too many speedsters on it doing the bob&weave.

Glad u are ok.
                              Thanks man! $20k worth of repairs apparently. And was just some idiot in a Hyundai that wasn't looking before he changed lanes. Turned out to be a really nice guy, and even gave me a ride home from the Collision Reporting Center. Lol But ya, was on the 401. Careful out there everyone!

Comment

Welp ... it's with great sadness that I bid farewell to my Beast. Car is getting written off, even though it still looks this good! Some jerk cut me off on the highway. I was deemed 0% at fault, so insurance has been great so far, but waiting to see my settlement ... if I get the number I want, then it'll be hard to be too upset ... might upgrade to the Golf R, since all the aftermarket bits and pieces I put on the GTI would fit it as well.

75380088_10156638789602374_7618591239377518592_n.jpg
                                76640137_10156638789632374_7634476622598373376_n.jpg
                                The same thing happened to me. Got rear-ended bad, the car looked totally fine and was totally driveable, turns out the structure was busted and it was a total write-off.

Make sure you take care of any nagging injuries from an accident, even a small one. Sometimes pain can come on a bit later, so be aware. Especially neck or back pain. Glad to see that you're mostly OK, and good luck with the settlement, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X