Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Everyone????
    The media, the players and the fans all had him top 3 and he won the starting spot fair and square.....when i say everyone i meant the results. Its common sense that some people voted for others......Not sure why it needs to be explained to you.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I don't think demar made it over lowry, dd is having a career year and hell yeah he deserves it. I don't even have a problem with Lowry being like 1st guard reserve competition is tight. But I do think lowry is a better player and seeing media and players and fans ranking him where they did is aggravating
      special1 wrote: View Post
      Saw it coming.....Honestly.

I think the fans, players and media at least got this one right. Demar's the best shooting guard in the East (by far).

Demar deserved to make it. Period. You can argue that Lowry deserved to make it over Irving or Thomas, but the fans, the media and the players didn't agree.

I think some fans (not specifically you) saying that the people who voted don't know anything or don't watch the games are ridiculous.

The fans, the players and the media made their choices. You gotta respect it!

Remember Lowry himself got voted in twice. Ain't no shame in getting picked by the coaches.
      special1 wrote: View Post
      You, HotFuzz and a bunch of your friends decided that Lowry is more deserving than Demar and said the whole vote is trash......Ignoring that a player on our team actually got voted in and received 1 of only 2 positions.

I called you out for your efforts and you're trying to save face. Its funny that you liked everyone of his posts and agreed that it was time to be bitter.......Where's this happiness that you claim you have?
      This is how it all got started. I said demar deserved it, and went after kyrie, and you took that as another slight on your guy and went on another crusade. Find me one post where I discredit demar starting in the all star game. One. They don't exist. You actually got defensive to the point where you roundabout argued for kyrie over our guy which is strange.

Again, I don't even care lowry didn't start, there was coin flip tough calls. But finishing a distance 5th among east guards is my issue.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
        You're emotional and bitter because he's your favourite player. Are you a Raptor Fan or just a Lowry fan? If you're a Raptor fan you should be HAPPY for Demar and it shouldn't matter who starts.....Just like we were happy for Lowry when he started the past two years....lol Its a shame......Lowry will almost assuredly be an all-star anyways.

I don't feel sorry for you and your friends to be honest. You didn't give Demar much love for years and now it's come full circle that he's getting love from the FANS, THE PLAYERS and THE MEDIA and you're embarrassed because your favourite player wasn't close at all. lol Where's a violin when you need one.....
        I'm both, and Lowry is my favourite player.

I didn't even bring up Demar in this thread. I've made no mention. You're the one who is making it about Demar vs Lowry. The argument is that Lowry is more deserving of the spot compared to Kyrie. He's better than Kyrie. Stop making it about demar vs Lowry and creating an argument out of nothing.
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

This is how it all got started. I said demar deserved it, and went after kyrie, and you took that as another slight on your guy and went on another crusade. Find me one post where I discredit demar starting in the all star game. One. They don't exist. You actually got defensive to the point where you roundabout argued for kyrie over our guy which is strange.

Again, I don't even care lowry didn't start, there was coin flip tough calls. But finishing a distance 5th among east guards is my issue.
          Again, you clicked "like" on a couple of Hotfuzz's rants about being bitter and how Kyle's so much better than Demar and blah blah blah.....Also, you were talking about steering the ship....etc. I'm not trying to hear that right now. lol

I apologize if i took it as a slight against Demar because i knew coming in that some would be cheesed that Demar was picked over Kyle.... You can't blame people for choosing who they chose. People have their preferences and you should be able to live with it..
          Last edited by special1; Fri Jan 20, 2017, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• You know your team is good when fans are arguing passionately about which of their players deserves to be an All-Star starter over the other.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
              You know your team is good when fans are arguing passionately about which of their players deserves to be an All-Star starter over the other.
              Special1 is the only one arguing that

Comment

• I understand why Kyrie got more votes (plays for Cavs who are #1 in the East and are former champs). But Kyle's having a way better season then he is and deserves to get more recognition from everyone (fans, media and other players).

Underrated can be good though.. hopefully Kyle comes back to Toronto for less than the max (and for 4 years, not 5).

Comment

Special1 is the only one arguing that
                  Cheer up! Happy times in Raptorland.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                    The media, the players and the fans all had him top 3 and he won the starting spot fair and square.....when i say everyone i meant the results. Its common sense that some people voted for others......Not sure why it needs to be explained to you.
                    But you did anyway.

I'm happy for DD. He's a hard worker, loyal to Toronto (as opposed to players of past eras) and has become a much better player than most believed.

You have the opinion, obviously shared by many that, DD is a better player than Lowry. That's not a fact though, those are opinions. If you want to keep this going, I'll oblige. Or we can drop it and leave it at that.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      But you did anyway.

I'm happy for DD. He's a hard worker, loyal to Toronto (as opposed to players of past eras) and has become a much better player than most believed.

You have the opinion, obviously shared by many that, DD is a better player than Lowry. That's not a fact though, those are opinions. If you want to keep this going, I'll oblige. Or we can drop it and leave it at that.
                      Nice try. I explained it to you because you seemed confused.

My point throughout the discussion is that Demar is just as deserving as Lowry. Others (Hotfuzz and I'm sure others who wisely kept out of it) but still kept liking his comments, apparently think Lowry deserved it more. The results came back and Demar was voted starter. We were all happy when Lowry was voted starter but now suddenly the vote is trash.

I'm simply pointing out this foolishness I'm seeing.

By the way, you can't keep anything going unless you want to waste your time trying to overturn a decision that "everyone" made. The people have spoken. We all have our opinions anyways....

Comment

• Wait, people think Demar deserved it more over Kyle? Demar deserves to be an all star starter, no question, but Kyle deserves to be an all star starter more. Kyle is obviously the superior player but the ASG is a popularity contest.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                          Wait, people think Demar deserved it more over Kyle? Demar deserves to be an all star starter, no question, but Kyle deserves to be an all star starter more. Kyle is obviously the superior player but the ASG is a popularity contest.
                          Lol don't get him started all over again

Comment

Lol don't get him started all over again
                            See.....Told ya. Trying to make it look like i'm the one who started this. I caught what was happening and addressed it early. lol

Comment

• Lowry was never going to get selected for this starting lineup - Butler was listed as a forward, no one that wasn't a raptor fan was going to select two Raps, and very few were going to select two point guards.

Comment

• Instead of arguing DeRozan or Lowry you guys should be arguing Irving over Lowry/IT/Wall.

DeRozan DESERVES to be a starter. Kyrie Irving does not.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X