Bosh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post
    Another narrative: where else is a guy like Bosh going to find a day job that pays him $5-10M/yr?
    He's getting paid $25M this year, and $26M next year by Miami still. Dude is set. Would be very surprised if this is about money. And I'm sure ESPN or TNT would pay him nicely to commentate.

Comment

If healthy and cleared to play. I’d love to see him back on the Raptors. He has won championships unlike Vince, so his Playoff experience would be big. He could be a nice mentor to Siakam. And he is only 33, old, but still got a few years in the tank.

The biggest thing is his health, if doctors clear him to play and has no risks, then great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Health is important.. but can he play? To be in shape is one thing.. to be in NBA shape is a totally different thing. You don't want him gassed by just running down the floor on defense. If he's interested in coming back, and he's cleared to play.. then I hope he goes to the G League or something to prove that he can play at an NBA level.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
          He's getting paid $25M this year, and $26M next year by Miami still. Dude is set. Would be very surprised if this is about money. And I'm sure ESPN or TNT would pay him nicely to commentate.
          And we would be offering him under a half million. He wouldn't even notice.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Health is important.. but can he play? To be in shape is one thing.. to be in NBA shape is a totally different thing. You don't want him gassed by just running down the floor on defense. If he's interested in coming back, and he's cleared to play.. then I hope he goes to the G League or something to prove that he can play at an NBA level.
            He's been off the court for 2 years now. Really hard to see an (almost) 34 year old jumping onboard mid-season and making much of a contribution in that kind of situation.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
              He's been off the court for 2 years now. Really hard to see an (almost) 34 year old jumping onboard mid-season and making much of a contribution in that kind of situation.
              If Bosh played 10 minutes a game, in 2-3 minute spurts, he would contribute. If he can still hit a 3 pointer, he would big a big contributor. Dragging his man out of the key, passing to cutters or any open guy. No one is asking him to run a marathon.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                People tend to hear a thing once and they stick with that narrative, that's just how people are. Like how every American NBA fan thinks the Raptors are chokers because of our playoff performances like 3 or 4 seasons ago.
                Is it really a narrative? Kyle Lowry is a total choker and he's the star PG of the team.

Someone who loves the guy needs to sit him down and explain to him that he has the potential to live a long life on a level far exceeding anything 99.9% of the rest of the world can hope for and basketball has nothing to do with it. Dude needs some new goals. The healthiest thing he could do would be to set new goals and move on.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

Someone who loves the guy needs to sit him down and explain to him that he has the potential to live a long life on a level far exceeding anything 99.9% of the rest of the world can hope for and basketball has nothing to do with it. Dude needs some new goals. The healthiest thing he could do would be to set new goals and move on.
                  This whole thing seems rather murky. Everybody goes "don't kill yourself Bosh", but where is the actual research of the odds of death being increased by playing basketball vs not? What else is he not allowed to do?

Secondly, he's only able to return under these requirments:

So it kind of becomes a moot point if he does qualify. But lastly, to a certain extent I'm not really comfortable with people telling others how they should live their life. If it increases his chances of dying by hypothetically 0.5%, but he loves the game so much that it's what makes life worth living, then who are we to tell him what he should or shouldn't do? Plenty of people do far worse (extreme winter sports, sky diving, motorcycle stunts, high wire acts whatever the case) and you don't see anybody telling them to not be stupid and retire.

I mean, I'd venture drinking alcohol or smoking cigarettes has a far more likely chance of killing you than Bosh returning to basketball if medically cleared, but billions do one or both every day.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I don't know why it's murky. He has vast wealth. He can travel the world in luxury for the rest of his life, which could be quite long given that health care is much better when truck loads of cash is involved.

Also, people do become their own worst enemy sometimes you know. We all need help and advice on this planet. No one needs to tell him how to live his life but if his actions were to jeopardize said life then it's their moral obligation in the very least to step in and say something.
                    Last edited by Apollo; Mon Feb 19, 2018, 01:48 PM.

Comment

I don't know why it's murky. He has vast wealth. He can travel the world in luxury for the rest of his life, which could be quite long given that health care is much better when truck loads of cash is involved.

Also, people do become their own worst enemy sometimes you know. We all need help and advice on this planet. No one needs to tell him how to live his life but if his actions were to jeopardize said life then it's their moral obligation in the very least to step in and say something.
                      Maybe he doesn't like traveling. Maybe he does retire and travel, and falls off a bike or trips on a hike somewhere and bleeds out. Again, IF HE IS CLEARED by doctors, where do we draw the line? Tell a sky diver he can't ever again? Force a smoker to quit? Hell, astronauts have a very dangerous job, should we cancel the profession?

My point is we're not even sure how much his chances are increased by playing. If it was 50% or even 5%, by all means force him to stop, he has kids and that's bad business for the NBA. But I'd need to hear the ruling of his condition now 2 or 3 years after the main incident before telling him to retire.

Comment

All I know is that people suffering from what he's endured have died. It's not like he had the flu or something and can get back to where he was before his affliction ever became an issue. I don't think that's possible with this as far as I understand. His own team gave up on him and is currently paying him like $50m over the next few years to NOT play. That should say it all right there.

Comment

All I know is that people suffering from what he's endured have died. It's not like he had the flu or something and can get back to where he was before his affliction ever became an issue. I don't think that's possible with this as far as I understand. His own team gave up on him and is currently paying him like $50m over the next few years to NOT play. That should say it all right there.
                          Pretty sure they also got massive cap relief.

I haven’t seen anything to indicate what he’s suffering from is all that risky (ie significant chance of dying). Seems to be the precautionary principle at play.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            Pretty sure they also got massive cap relief.
                            Yep. Massive.

Comment

Yep. Massive.
                              As big as an ostrich?

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                As big as an ostrich?

Comment

Working...
                                X