No announcement yet.

Is it just me or is Leo Rautins annoying as f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What bugs me the most about Matt is the amount of times he says "Contact No Call"

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Plus, people hated Chuck more than Leo. One of the biggest homers in the history of NBA basketball, lol.
      I don't miss Swirsky at all, definitely prefer Devlin.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I honestly don't care. Our crew is very decent.. compared to the rest of the NBA.

Comment

Interesting.

I don't mind Leo, but I can't stand Matt. He defends every stupid decision/play by the Raptors & calls by the referees.

Jack (and sometimes Leo) will call them out.

Comment

Wow. 2 pages and still going strong. The hate is real. I don't really get it, mainly because I listen to all the games on mute.

Comment

LOL, can't believe there is a thread for this. Yes, Leo is annoying as f.

In my mind the most annoying personality in the Raptors organization, just short of Rod Black.

Comment

suspenders wrote: View Post
                Interesting.

I don't mind Leo, but I can't stand Matt. He defends every stupid decision/play by the Raptors & calls by the referees.

Jack (and sometimes Leo) will call them out.
                Matt's a true company man. He knows who he works for.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                  Wow. 2 pages and still going strong. The hate is real. I don't really get it, mainly because I listen to all the games on mute.
                  Its not hate.. its more like disappointment in that the TV crew on Sportsnet doesn't seem to realize that the fan base is a lot more sophisticated than it was even 5 years ago and expects more than the crew is currently giving by way of analysis and focus.

For Matt to keep bleating that every drive to the basket deserves a foul call has worn thin. It doesn't. DD isn't fouled on every drive he makes. The other guys can play good defense. Enough of Leo's hackneyed go to's such as "this guy can hurt you if he gets hot" after a single made basket by a non descript player is just dumb. If your playing the Bulls..yes Butler can kill you.. but Carter-Williams can't and won't. Stop it.

If the graphics on the scorebaord image on the screen haven't been updated like every other broadcast to show you how many timeouts there are remaining in a close game or if the team has taken 3 or 4 quick fouls early in the quarter and is going to be in the bonus.. Have the crew TELL US that instead of where they are off to eat in Phoenix and what hotel they are staying in or worse start to talk about Drake and what he means to the team. He means two thirds of three-eighths of the square root of fuck all. Nothing. Move on. It just gets insulting after a while.

Just start to do your jobs man... keep a growing and increasingly knowledgeable fan base aware of whats going on in the game in a professional manner.. dump this entertainment banter down the next sewer. Jack can really pull the game apart and tell you whats happening in game but the formula wants him to sing Sinatra and scream MGD... screw that.. want to hear from a 10 year coaches perspective whats working in the PnR and why ....
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Jan 10, 2017, 03:31 PM.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

Also leo, can you stop joking about how much matt loves ice cream? It wasn't funny the first fucking time. Every game now, it's grating. We get it, Matt loves ice cream, and you both ate a lot of snickers. Do they picture people at home busting a gut laughing at this shit? No, we want real basketball analysis. What defense are they running? What offensive set was that? How is the other team doing lately?

And for god sakes, it's ok to call derozan out!! Stop making pat ross and the rookies your whipping boys, it'd quite obvious who MLSE is telling you to promote and who is expendable
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
                      Am I going crazy? Or was he starting some on air passive aggressive beef with matt devlin?
                      Regardless, I just can't stand this guy anymore
                      Somebody please help me
                      You are not alone. Leo has been there forever though. They don't seem to care that he sucks. He's probably well liked behind the scenes and most time, as with anywhere, that detail is a large part of the battle.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Just watch the game on mute.. that's what I do.

Rautins has been annoying since day 1. As have Matt and Jack.. they are all annoying. But MLSE and the Raptors like them because they're not controversial and get the job done.
                        Yeah, Leo games are mute button games. Even the Matt and Jack games can devolve into mute sometimes.

I do have to unmute for off the ball fouls sometimes, although if one of them is in the middle of some cornball story, they often won't stop to say what happened anyway.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

The weird thing about Leo, is that in some situations, he actually has new, insightful things to say (in interviews, Open Gym episodes, etc.). But for some reason, he dumbs it down during live broadcasts.

Comment

He tries to be colorful when he needs to be bland dull grey. It just doesn't work for him... How many cringe moments has he produced...

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              The weird thing about Leo, is that in some situations, he actually has new, insightful things to say (in interviews, Open Gym episodes, etc.). But for some reason, he dumbs it down during live broadcasts.
                              I do feel as though sometimes the Raptors production team is trapped in 2001 in terms of dumbing down the broadcast into very simple bullet points each game, though, fairness, almost all sporting events are now announced this way, which is why play-by-play and color commentary for games is generally so bad for real fans of the sport/team.

Comment

Guys.. Matt and Jack are some of the best commentators in the NBA. They are exciting, reasonable, and coherent.
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X