2011 NBA Re-Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 NBA Re-Draft

I wrote a little piece about how I thought the 2011 NBA Draft should have gone. Got the idea from an article I saw on SI last month. Assuming a lot of people think Leonard should be #1?

http://www.courtisinsession.com/how-the-2011-nba-draft-should-have-gone/

I would have put Leonard at #2 given how things have gone with Irving which also allowed Lebron James to come back. I don't think Leonard would have been the player he is today under the Cavs management and coaches like he is being coached and used in San Antonio. Leonard would be less effective but still better then Thompson who is also thriving thanks to the system and players of Golden State. Sometimes its the right situation/coaches which allows players to thrive and elevate their game or fail completely.

Also Jimmy Butler, Kemba Walker and Isaiah Thomas should be ahead of Thompson imo, giving that they have become a primary MVP player's to their respective teams although Thompson is the better shooter out of all of them. Thompson overall game is less refined which it isn't bad thing if you are specialized 3 point shooter on a stacked team like GS but elsewhere if you expect him to carry the team on his back like the other players do, this might be a bit too much.

Comment

Not sure how I feel about JV & Vucevic as a frontcourt duo. TBH, you'd be better off giving the then Bobcats Parsons & letting the Warriors take Vucevic, meaning there's no need for them to get Bogut, allowing them to keep Ellis.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Leonard and Butler would both be ahead of Thompson if I were doing this list. Thompson, in my view, is a high end sidekick. Leonard and Butler are more than that.

Excellent work though.

Comment

Kawhi + Lebron on the wings together would be insane.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

My top 5:

1. Kawhi
            2. Klay
            3. Irving
            4. Butler
            5. Kemba
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              My top 5:

1. Kawhi
              2. Klay
              3. Irving
              4. Butler
              5. Kemba
              Irving over Butler?
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Butler vs. Klay is a tough call without Klay having had the role opportunity Butler has, but I'd go:

1. KL
                2. Butler
                3. Klay
                4. Irving
                5. Kemba
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Dont forget guys Isaiah Thomas went 60th. He's my 4th pick ahead of Kyrie and Kemba.

7. JOOOONASSSSSS VALANCIUNAAAAAAASSS (sorry Tristan Thompson FU)
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Irving over Butler?
                    Yep.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Dont forget guys Isaiah Thomas went 60th. He's my 4th pick ahead of Kyrie and Kemba.

7. JOOOONASSSSSS VALANCIUNAAAAAAASSS (sorry Tristan Thompson FU)
                      Give me Kyrie and Kemba over that little midget.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                      X