Could Raptors Miss Playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

psrs1 wrote: View Post
    I can EASILY see them slipping to 7/8th. Finishing 8th is essentially the same as not making the playoffs. If I told you in December we would be sitting 5th in mid February would you have not dismissed that notion yet here we are?
    Yes. Do you expect Pat and DD to miss the rest of the season, and Ibaka not to play for the Raptors? Because those are the circumstances that led to where we are now.

This is crazy talk.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      Yes. Do you expect Pat and DD to miss the rest of the season, and Ibaka not to play for the Raptors? Because those are the circumstances that led to where we are now.

This is crazy talk.
      Agreed. I honestly think not having a true starting calibre PF like Serge and having Patterson and Demar out is a big reason for our issues. Because it forces us to play rookies and a guy like Bebe who doesn't have much experience way more minutes than we should. It also causes Casey to play stupid lineups night in and night out. Having all three playing will improve all of that which should hopefully get us back to our winning ways. But we shall see. Only time will tell. I definitely don't see us not making the playoffs though. I'm pretty negative and even I think that's crazy talk lol.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

This is crazy talk.
        Sorry dan, but these are starting to feel a lot like lame excuses. Of course we're not gonna miss the playoffs, but this recent slide has been pathetic, pat or no pat
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Sorry dan, but these are starting to feel a lot like lame excuses. Of course we're not gonna miss the playoffs, but this recent slide has been pathetic, pat or no pat
          Ya, the problem is greater than rotations and play calling. Something's wrong with the team's psyche. Any confidence we had from last year's playoffs, or even this year's start, is utterly vanished. We're no longer entering games expecting to win.

Where's Dr. Phil when you need him?

Comment

Alright. Don't be shocked when the team suddenly plays well again when it has a full complement of players.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Ya, the problem is greater than rotations and play calling. Something's wrong with the team's psyche. Any confidence we had from last year's playoffs, or even this year's start, is utterly vanished. We're no longer entering games expecting to win.

Where's Dr. Phil when you need him?
              Cash him ousside, how 'bout dat!?!?
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                We're 7 games up on 9th place Milwaukee. That's a huge gap to lose in 26 games.

We're 9-17 (.346) since December 28th. Even at this shitty pace, we'll win 9 more games, bringing us to 41 wins. Can't see us missing the playoffs with 41 wins.

It's mathematically possible to miss the playoffs, but not likely.
                Wow, that really makes one completely forget about the hot start. This team needs an extended winning streak to help me forget that shitty stretch.

Comment

Alright. Don't be shocked when the team suddenly plays well again when it has a full complement of players.
                  We have lost to teams EVEN if missing key players we SHOULD beat. It seems team has given up on DC. I hope you are right but I am skeptical. Something is seriously wrong. Finishing 4/5th means Cleveland if get past second round. Finishing 6/7th may be preferable. Don't be surprised to see a slide to 7th.

Comment

Looks like our stars forgot that this team is struggling.

Comment

Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Seems a little ridiculous that they need another day off

That said, did you choose this thread because you think we miss the playoffs now??

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

guard hegemony at work.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                            guard hegemony at work.
                            Hey man after that epic skills comp and all star clinic the two put on almost a week ago, they might have to sit out tomorrow's game too. That looked exhausting

Comment

Seems a little ridiculous that they need another day off

That said, did you choose this thread because you think we miss the playoffs now??
                              Nah, there's no game thread for tomorrow so I had to put it somewhere

Comment

Ffs...

Comment

Working...
                                X