No announcement yet.

Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's got one really long white beard hair, 85 year old confirmed.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...e-serge-ibaka/

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Presser has started.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      Live stream:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...e-serge-ibaka/
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Done.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Comment

• lol he hates smiling for posed pictures as much as I do

Comment

• Most insightful moment: Michael Grange's bald spot is expanding.

Was really hoping to see Doug Smith nodding off in the back row.

Comment

• Zach Lowe & Howard Beck on Ibaka trade: http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=18691189

Comment

• I think that is legitimate question. Congo a country in Africa does not require its citizens to register birth certificates so naturally majority of its citizens do not. Considering Congo was/is affected by wars/crime/instability then we have got a mass number of people moving around with kids who may not have attended school for a few years and their parents do not keep track of a child's age so the child may not even know their own age.

Lets move to another country in Africa like the Cameroon for instance. A country of the home of Siakam and Embiid. This country has been much more stable both politically and economically then the Congo. Their citizens are more likely to register their births as well as their kids more likely to attend schools from a young age and therefore it has a better validity of a track record which is why there hasn't been questions and concerns regarding Siakam or Embiid's age.

The thing with age is that, its true that once you reach the age past 30 your value decreases. However there are no guarantees that your value might even decrease before you reach that age. So in conclusion it was up to Masai to weigh in the factors and make the decision to pull the trigger. The bottom line is that the Raptors want to compete for a championship and have to use that small window to try and close the gap between them and the true elites of the NBA, and I think they made that one small step in the right direction with that trade.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Most insightful moment: Michael Grange's bald spot is expanding.

Was really hoping to see Doug Smith nodding off in the back row.
                    They're expanding the 3 point grange line. Interesting.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      I think that is legitimate question. Congo a country in Africa does not require its citizens to register birth certificates so naturally majority of its citizens do not. Considering Congo was/is affected by wars/crime/instability then we have got a mass number of people moving around with kids who may not have attended school for a few years and their parents do not keep track of a child's age so the child may not even know their own age.

Lets move to another country in Africa like the Cameroon for instance. A country of the home of Siakam and Embiid. This country has been much more stable both politically and economically then the Congo. Their citizens are more likely to register their births as well as their kids more likely to attend schools from a young age and therefore it has a better validity of a track record which is why there hasn't been questions and concerns regarding Siakam or Embiid's age.

The thing with age is that, its true that once you reach the age past 30 your value decreases. However there are no guarantees that your value might even decrease before you reach that age. So in conclusion it was up to Masai to weigh in the factors and make the decision to pull the trigger. The bottom line is that the Raptors want to compete for a championship and have to use that small window to try and close the gap between them and the true elites of the NBA, and I think they made that one small step in the right direction with that trade.
                      Good post. For arguments sake, if Ibaka is 30 or 31, I still do the trade.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Ibaka will make his debut against Celtics on ESPN.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Just conjecture here...but I read where Okafor (Sixers) was held out yesterday because a trade was imminent...but it fell thru. He is still on the block it seems but plays in Boston tonight. The following is a quote bt Coach Brown (Espn)...

Brown said of the trade talks involving Okafor. "I believe this particular one has not happened. The trade deadline is this week and it's probably fluid. The one that was the reason for us reacting to Jahlil not being with the team, very advanced discussions, did not happen."
                          Coincidental? Was Okafor headed to Toronto? Did the threat make Hennigan pull the trigger?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Just conjecture here...but I read where Okafor (Sixers) was held out yesterday because a trade was imminent...but it fell thru. He is still on the block it seems but plays in Boston tonight. The following is a quote bt Coach Brown (Espn)...

Coincidental? Was Okafor headed to Toronto? Did the threat make Hennigan pull the trigger?
                            The rumour was masai had a deal in place for taj gibson, and told hennigan take it or leave it...so he took it.

Comment

• jawsgt wrote: View Post
                              i know, i was just trying to raz the crowd that are a little concerned over his age.
                              ummm .... EXCUSE ME ... THERE'S ANOTHER THREAD FOR THAT.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Masai ran an age test. Scientifically not proven, but still..

Hangover Age Test In Africa. Completed and reviewed by Dr. Masai

Comment

Working...
                                X