No announcement yet.

Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been impressed with Ibaka at C. I'm still at that stage where I keep thinking he's going to completely drop off at any moment, but as each game goes by he is proving me wrong. He's been focused, and energetic while playing great D. And the best part is that he's not been jacking up 3's every time he touches the ball. He's running up the floor really hard to get behind the defence because he knows Lowry will find him with an outlet pass for an easy bucket. THIS Ibaka is worth the hefty contract Masai gave him.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      I've been impressed with Ibaka at C. I'm still at that stage where I keep thinking he's going to completely drop off at any moment, but as each game goes by he is proving me wrong. He's been focused, and energetic while playing great D. And the best part is that he's not been jacking up 3's every time he touches the ball. He's running up the floor really hard to get behind the defence because he knows Lowry will find him with an outlet pass for an easy bucket. THIS Ibaka is worth the hefty contract Masai gave him.
      Ya, Serge has been a revelation so far this season. Now the only hope is that his 47 year old body can keep it up.

Side note - I almost feel bad for Monroe, lol. He's much more skilled than your typical 13-15th man. A victim of circumstance, I suppose. Especially when looking back at the minutes that scrubs like Scola and Hansbrough got here.

Comment

• I wish jonas got more minutes than Serge because I think hes better...and I think they're both a little too good to be minutes capped as a platoon (tho such is life on such a deep team)

But I'm not gonna lie. Its working. We're right now getting like 28 points and 18 rebounds from our center spot. On a team with an all star and an MVP scoring as well. That's amazing.

It may not be what's best for JV full potential, but it's probably what's best for ibaka while still allowing JV to ball, which is probably what's best for the Toronto Raptors
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• From the eye test for me personally our best lineup has been Kyle Danny Kawhi OG and JV. The fit is really good and JV as a screener for Kawhi is basically unstoppable.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
            From the eye test for me personally our best lineup has been Kyle Danny Kawhi OG and JV. The fit is really good and JV as a screener for Kawhi is basically unstoppable.
            Offensively. I think defensively its Serge at the 5

Comment

• Impressed by Serge so far, and glad that Lowry gives him some tough love.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                Impressed by Serge so far, and glad that Lowry gives him some tough love.
                Basketball should have captain C like hockey. Lowry deserves it

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  I think defensively Serge is mostly benefiting from playing with a much better group than Lorenzo Brown, CJ Miles and the inconsistent Norman Powell. JV has been solid on D so far this season, and Ibaka's has not been a noticeable difference maker to a unit that could probably have Bargnani at C and still be good on D.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    I've been impressed with Ibaka at C. I'm still at that stage where I keep thinking he's going to completely drop off at any moment, but as each game goes by he is proving me wrong. He's been focused, and energetic while playing great D. And the best part is that he's not been jacking up 3's every time he touches the ball. He's running up the floor really hard to get behind the defence because he knows Lowry will find him with an outlet pass for an easy bucket. THIS Ibaka is worth the hefty contract Masai gave him.
                    Because in the modern game he is better suited to the center position than power forward. That is fundamentally why he looks better.

The power forward spot nowadays is closer to being like the 2 and 3 spots than it is to the center position. Being able to defend the perimeter well is paramount to success there, which means you don't get to spend much time near the rim defensively (which is where Ibaka thrives).

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Ya, Serge has been a revelation so far this season. Now the only hope is that his 47 year old body can keep it up.

Side note - I almost feel bad for Monroe, lol. He's much more skilled than your typical 13-15th man. A victim of circumstance, I suppose. Especially when looking back at the minutes that scrubs like Scola and Hansbrough got here.
                      He's not 47 and I'm getting really tired of people doing the racist African stereotype with him. As someone who's African it's fucking irritating. Until there's proof that he's not the age he says he is and his documents say he is, people need to stop with that crap.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        And imo you should be starting your best defensive lineup, not your best offensive one. Unless the defensive lineup is mediocre on the offensive end (which for us it isn't).

I don't get the obsession with JV needing to start. If he was a 2-guard and Ibaka was a better 3+D 2-guard than him while JV was the better overall scorer, nobody would be upset that Ibaka is starting. But for some reason it's crazy to apply that same logic to the center position.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          I think defensively Serge is mostly benefiting from playing with a much better group than Lorenzo Brown, CJ Miles and the inconsistent Norman Powell. JV has been solid on D so far this season, and Ibaka's has not been a noticeable difference maker to a unit that could probably have Bargnani at C and still be good on D.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                            He's not 47 and I'm getting really tired of people doing the racist African stereotype with him. As someone who's African it's fucking irritating. Until there's proof that he's not the age he says he is and his documents say he is, people need to stop with that crap.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              It’s not about your skin colour it’s about where you were born. A lot of kids in African countries don’t have broth certificates, and that’s a sad fact. If you watched track and field you would see 29 year olds competing and winning world youth and world juniors because they just say they’re 19 and 17. It is what it is.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                                It’s not about your skin colour it’s about where you were born. A lot of kids in African countries don’t have broth certificates, and that’s a sad fact. If you watched track and field you would see 29 year olds competing and winning world youth and world juniors because they just say they’re 19 and 17. It is what it is.
                                And a lot of them do. I have a birth certificate, I was born in Africa. Stop making wild accusations about him lying about his age without evidence or facts. It's annoying as hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X