No announcement yet.

Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh yeah, those small, brilliant samples we see of Norm are going to be a regular thing"

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I wonder if this trade would've materialized had the Raps not played so poorly over the past 6-7 weeks.

Then again, given the cost, seemed like a no brainer.
      Masai doesn't strike me as guy who makes long term deals on 6 week slumps
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
        Every five minutes or so I think of another thing I love about this.
        "Oh yeah, he'd already become our most experienced playoff player."
        "Oh yeah, we already have an assistant coach on staff from his best days in Oklahoma."
        Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
        "Oh yeah his wife is hotter than TJ's fling with Amber"
        LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Oh yeah, those small, brilliant samples we see of Norm are going to be a regular thing"
        "Oh yeah, he looks good naked"

Wait what
        Last edited by KeonClark; Tue Feb 14, 2017, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Masai doesn't strike me as guy who makes long term deals on 6 week slumps
          Agreed, but if he was ever on the fence, a 6 week slump could give him the required nudge.

Comment

"Oh yeah, he looks good naked"

Wait what
            Somebody use that for an avatar
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Any word from Ross?

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                Somebody use that for an avatar
                If we beat Cleveland in the ECF thats my avatar, facebook profile and work desktop

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  Any word from Ross?
                  He thanked Toronto, the team and his teammates on twitter "Couldn't ask for a better team to be drafted to" "All luv"

I'm guessing T Ross has been preparing himself for this possibility since the Carroll signing, then the emergence of Powell

Comment

If we beat Cleveland in the ECF thats my avatar, facebook profile and work desktop
                    ECF? whoa! slow down. Right now we're #5 in the East.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• What are we gonna pay Serge? Does he get a max offer? Do I even really care?

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        What are we gonna pay Serge? Does he get a max offer? Do I even really care?
                        A lot. Probably not but still a lot. Why would you?

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          What are we gonna pay Serge? Does he get a max offer? Do I even really care?
                          The good news is his max offer is lower than Lowry's, at only about 30M instead of 36M. The other good news is that since his trade market was so cool (reportedly), there's a good chance if the Raps are willing to offer term (they can offer 5 years), they may be able to get him for well below that max number if the FA market is similarly cool. If they can get Serge locked up on a deal near or a bit lower than DeMar's (say, between 5/100 and 5/125M), they'll be in pretty good shape. Convince Lowry to take between 5/150 and 5/175 and you are pretty happy with that, and might be able to free up enough wiggle room for Pat to stay on with only a few small trades.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            ECF? whoa! slow down. Right now we're #5 in the East.
                            Come on. Even without Serge this team is clearly better than #5, they've really missed Pat and DD over the recent stretch, and have been bumbling away wins.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'm not in love with giving up a 1st rd pick because this is a super deep draft would have rather have sent back Siakam or Poeltl but hey on the plus side from what I gather it's the worse of the 2 so I guess that's ok....positive spin..

We essentially traded Vasquez + Ross for Serge Ibaka + Norman Powell + 2017 pick

So we still won lol

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                The good news is his max offer is lower than Lowry's, at only about 30M instead of 36M. The other good news is that since his trade market was so cool (reportedly), there's a good chance if the Raps are willing to offer term (they can offer 5 years), they may be able to get him for well below that max number if the FA market is similarly cool. If they can get Serge locked up on a deal near or a bit lower than DeMar's (say, between 5/100 and 5/125M), they'll be in pretty good shape. Convince Lowry to take between 5/150 and 5/175 and you are pretty happy with that, and might be able to free up enough wiggle room for Pat to stay on with only a few small trades.
                                Get all 3 players in the room, and say "do it for the greater good".

Comment

Working...
                                X