Best Raptors "Big 3" of All Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Raptors "Big 3" of All Time?

It's way too early for this, but just for kicks! Three of the key/highest usage players from each of three Raptors eras, which is the best Big 3?

2000/2001 - 47 wins, 7 game second round loss to AI
    2006/07 - 47 wins, 6 game first round loss to VC & the Nets
    2016/17 - TBD
    Vince Carter/Antonio Davis/Alvin Williams (2000/01)
    6.67%
    Chris Bosh/TJ Ford/Andrea Bargnani (2006/07)
    0.00%
    Kyle Lowry/DeMar DeRozan/Serge Ibaka (2016/17)
    93.33%
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Way WAY too early for this/

Not to mention that a big three of Lowry/DeRozan/JV got them to the ECF JUST last year.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Definitely Lowry/DeRozan/Ibaka.

Rick Brunson/Mengke Bateer/Lonny Baxter a close 2nd.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
        It's way too early for this, but just for kicks! Three of the key/highest usage players from each of three Raptors eras, which is the best Big 3?

2000/2001 - 47 wins, 7 game second round loss to AI
        2006/07 - 47 wins, 6 game first round loss to VC & the Nets
        2016/17 - TBD
        I'd argue our FIRST Big 3 of all time

2001 - Vince, Davis...Alvin Williams? Mo Pete? Security ass kicker extraordinaire Charles Oakley?
        2007 - Bosh....Tj Ford? The Bargs? Anthony Parker?

This team rolls any other Raptor team except maybe last years chemistry, TBD.

Don't forget JV is still developing as well, we are pretty close to that "04 Pistons starting lineup" we all so highly coveted
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          I'd argue our FIRST Big 3 of all time

2001 - Vince, Davis...Alvin Williams? Mo Pete? Security ass kicker extraordinaire Charles Oakley?
          2007 - Bosh....Tj Ford? The Bargs? Anthony Parker?

This team rolls any other Raptor team except maybe last years chemistry, TBD.

Don't forget JV is still developing as well, we are pretty close to that "04 Pistons starting lineup" we all so highly coveted
          If we can muzzle Casey for the final 5 minutes of each game, we may never lose again!

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
            Way WAY too early for this/

Not to mention that a big three of Lowry/DeRozan/JV got them to the ECF JUST last year.
            I second this.

We also arguably have 4 all-star talents depending on how you view JV but still no superstar...so i'd say the pressure's even higher on Casey now to maximize talent and balance out his schemes.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

JV is still the 3rd in my big three. Serge needs help getting good shots moreso than JV, and isn't as good a rebounder. But if his D is as good as we hope, then I can see why he would be the 3rd. But by no means do I think his usage should be higher than JV's. But perhaps it will be.

Comment

3 biggest names we've ever put on the court at the same time.

Ghost of Hakeem and the specter of Mourning getting on the plane notwithstanding.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                  JV is still the 3rd in my big three. Serge needs help getting good shots moreso than JV, and isn't as good a rebounder. But if his D is as good as we hope, then I can see why he would be the 3rd. But by no means do I think his usage should be higher than JV's. But perhaps it will be.
                  Nah. Serge is limited offensively but he can do a lot. He can post up, shoot the three, midrange and he can drive.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Second option is 100% out because Bargnani is in it.

Comment

Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                      3 biggest names we've ever put on the court at the same time.

Ghost of Hakeem and the specter of Mourning getting on the plane notwithstanding.
                      I'd say this is the best description.

Ibaka's like half a star and Jonas is like half a star, so in terms of star power it adds up anyway lol

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        Nah. Serge is limited offensively but he can do a lot. He can post up, shoot the three, midrange and he can drive.
                        But can he pound the rock ............

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          so you want serge taking pull up 3's or off the bounce mid-range jumpers? Most of his offence should come in the same manner that the rest of the role players get their offence. He should be getting his 3's out of the pick n pop scenario or from ball movement after Lowry or Demar collapse the D. Same with most of his mid range jumpers, as a quick pass option if his man rotates off a drive by a guard. Sprinkle in a few post ups, and voila, what you have is basically a cross between Patterson and JV offensively. But that doesn't change the fact that he should be treated as a role player on this team. Cause he should. JV is as well, but as far as I'm concerned he can be featured as an offense initiator more than he is, and handle a higher usage than he gets. Serge, not so much. He is a high caliber role player with strong defensive potential. Now, that doesn't mean I don't think he can potentially have a huge impact on this team. I've wanted Serge here for years. And that impact may well go beyond JV's impact.

But when I think of "Big 3", I think, "who ya got to bend the D" not "who ya got to punish the D for being bent in the first place"?

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            I have no issue having a 3A and 3B. Even our 1 and 2 are aguably 1A and 1B depending on how you define the numbering (offensive role versus overall contributions).
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              I have no issue having a 3A and 3B. Even our 1 and 2 are aguably 1A and 1B depending on how you define the numbering (offensive role versus overall contributions).
                              So, not a big 3 but a...fantastic four...? What you're saying is actually more along my line of thinking.

Comment

Working...
                              X