Best Raptors "Big 3" of All Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JawsGT wrote: View Post
    So, not a big 3 but a...fantastic four...? What you're saying is actually more along my line of thinking.
    Surround that with role players who can shoot and defend (Pat, Carroll in theory, Powell, whatever PG survives the next few months), and you're in good shape.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Defensively I expect Serge to be our best/most important player. Offensively, I think it's Powell.

Comment

lewro wrote: View Post
        Defensively I expect Serge to be our best/most important player. Offensively, I think it's Powell.
        Offensively it's valanciunas. Powell is nice but that inside scoring will be vital
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Offensively it's valanciunas. Powell is nice but that inside scoring will be vital
          Can't stress that enough. Teams focus on taking something away in a 7 game series, vs. the Raptors it's going to be the guard scoring, just like last year. Like last year having a big who can put pressure on the interior defence will be a critical counter to overplaying the perimeter.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

This is the first ever "Big 3" in Raptors franchise history imo. No disrespect to Davis who was an all-star back in 01 but that team was all Vince Carter. The 06 team was all Chris Bosh.

This year we have DeRozan, Lowry and Ibaka. All 3 guys are all LEGIT all-stars.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

This one.

Obviously TMac and VC stuck together with whatever random "all-star" (AD or whoever) that shoulda, coulda, woulda been.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                This is the first ever "Big 3" in Raptors franchise history imo. No disrespect to Davis who was an all-star back in 01 but that team was all Vince Carter. The 06 team was all Chris Bosh.

This year we have DeRozan, Lowry and Ibaka. All 3 guys are all LEGIT all-stars.
                I guess you can finally say masai did something good, put his own stamp on the team eh mr Rex?

Comment

Lowry > Irving
                  DeRozan > JR or Iman Shumpert
                  DMC < Lebron
                  Ibaka > Kevin Love
                  Val > Tristan Thompson

- We can defeat the Cavs

Comment

Perhaps jv should be #3 on O and maybe more so in the playoffs but I think he will get less usage now. I think he will mostly get put backs and DD will pnpop/kick outs with ibaka.
                    I'm curious if they'd stagger lineups a bit to get jv more 2nd unit touches tho.
                    I expect norms usage and mins to go up. With Casey coaching and this system, I wouldn't be surprised to see norm with more FGA than jv (put backs aside).
                    Last time I checked jv avg 3.5 more FGA but about 2.5 were put backs, iirc. Granted, DD was hurt so that raised norm a lot. Norm starting over DC would counteract that but who knows if Casey does that?

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                      Lowry > Irving
                      DMC < Lebron
                      Ibaka > Kevin Love
                      Val > Tristan Thompson

- We can defeat the Cavs
                      LeBron > Entire Raptors team.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                        Lowry > Irving
                        DMC < Lebron
                        Ibaka > Kevin Love
                        Val > Tristan Thompson

- We can defeat the Cavs
                        Why is there only one arrow between DMC and Lebron. Change that to the Grand Canyon sized <.

The only thing giving me hope not mentioned here is the Love injury. They once had Love and Frye vs 2Pat and Siakam, one of their biggest strengths was our biggest weakness. Now its one of our biggest strengths and one of their biggest question marks, in 24 hours.

Comment

I think Raps would be smarter to stagger Ibaka to get some minutes with the bench, allowing him to carry that extra usage and provide a second scorer for the DD+bench unit, and give JV/Pat some minutes with the other starters in transitional mid-Q lineups.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Norm getting a lot of usage

Comment

Any chance Ibaka plays tomorrow ?
                              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Why is there only one arrow between DMC and Lebron. Change that to the Grand Canyon sized <.

The only thing giving me hope not mentioned here is the Love injury. They once had Love and Frye vs 2Pat and Siakam, one of their biggest strengths was our biggest weakness. Now its one of our biggest strengths and one of their biggest question marks, in 24 hours.

Let me fix

Lowry > Irving
                                DeRozan >>>> JR or Iman Shumpert
                                DMC <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Lebron
                                Ibaka < Kevin Love
                                Val > Tristan Thompson
                                Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Working...
                                X