Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abbas wrote: View Post
    If we resign Lowry and Ibaka for lets say 27m and 25m
    then trade Carroll, Cojo, Bebe for picks and vets (lets say VC)
    then Trade JV and Pick(s) for a young defensive center (lets say Miles Turner)

Do we still have cap space to sign a Max player

Lowry(27m) - Wright - VV
    DeRozan(27m) - Powell
    MAX LVL (25m+) - Carter - Bruno
    Ibaka (25m) - Pascal - Pick
    Turner (3m?) -Jakob
    It doesn't look like it, cap is projected at 103 mil I believe. Your roster looks to be 90 mil + (without the free agent).

Did you have in mind Gordon Hayward? I think Utah will just give him 5 year max, he won't leave.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
      casey isn't going to be here after the first round exit this year. highly doubt they're going to make a move because JV doesn't fit a stone-age offence.
      I'd bet good money we don't exit in the first round this year, and if we don't exit in the first round, Casey will be here again next year.

Odin's right, Masai has shown great loyalty to Casey. The argument will be, let's see what he can do with a full training camp of Ibaka, let's swap out JV for a rim protector, and then evaluate the results in another year.

If Casey could survive a first-round sweep to the Wizards, he is practically bulletproof. We'll make it out of the first round and then say goodbye to JV (though I hope not).

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
        I'd bet good money we don't exit in the first round this year, and if we don't exit in the first round, Casey will be here again next year.

Odin's right, Masai has shown great loyalty to Casey. The argument will be, let's see what he can do with a full training camp of Ibaka, let's swap out JV for a rim protector, and then evaluate the results in another year.

If Casey could survive a first-round sweep to the Wizards, he is practically bulletproof. We'll make it out of the first round and then say goodbye to JV (though I hope not).
        casey can't survive if lowry doesn't like him.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
          casey can't survive if lowry doesn't like him.
          Your wish is clouding your judgement.

Lowry was unhappy after the Wizards series too.... Looked like he didn't like Casey then.

I agree with Scraptor and Odin.....

Masai will talk to Lowry and Casey will get another chance.

One thing I like about Casey is when it all seems inevitable, when it appears that he's done.....He gets the team to play for him and saves his job.

He's also shown that he will play any lineup (4 point guards) and even bench Demar (the highest paid player on the team). I have a feeling that whatever happens.... Casey will still be here.

The same people have been claiming Casey's gonna be gone for years. Not happening folks....

It would take a really bad showing in the playoffs and with Patterson and Ibaka coming soon..... I don't see that happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
            Your wish is clouding your judgement.

Lowry was unhappy after the Wizards series too.... Looked like he didn't like Casey then.

I agree with Scraptor and Odin.....

Masai will talk to Lowry and Casey will get another chance.

One thing I like about Casey is when it all seems inevitable, when it appears that he's done.....He gets the team to play for him and saves his job.

He's also shown that he will play any lineup (4 point guards) and even bench Demar (the highest paid player on the team). I have a feeling that whatever happens.... Casey will still be here.

The same people have been claiming Casey's gonna be gone for years. Not happening folks....

It would take a really bad showing in the playoffs and with Patterson and Ibaka coming soon..... I don't see that happening.

Lowry wasn't a UFA after the washington series and the expectations were not as high as they are now either.

Comment

Yeah, the expectations part is key. The team solified itself as a 50 game winner and won the Atlantic back to back. Hard to fire your franchise single season win leader.
              Now masai has raised the bar with Ibaka and moved a high Colangelo pick. Thats a step toward it being his team.
              I'm not gonna quantify success in terms of wins and playoff rounds but I think Casey and individual players have to look like they've taken a step forward and fit or they're not safe.
              Committing $300m-$400m to Lowry/Ibaka/DD in the summer means Casey better be the right guy to coach them.

Comment

I think MU still has a couple bullets left.

He did all the right things;
                ProveEm Toronto can resign its FA's
                Raptors are a real org, Practice centre, All-Star, Retained coaches and players after success
                Didn't just undo the last regimes mistake in trades, pulled off his own magic to acquire
                Fed his staff the players they want (DMC, Ibaka)

Come this time next year he can fire a coach for widely seen cause, flip muturing assets to reset or reload.

This year more than the last 3 'telling years' can show more than tell what our main trajectory is. We've made course adjustments after what was a charting and directional change some 3 years and change ago.

MU's tenure and populous capital is at an all time high. If he's the guy he'll have a plan and execute, if not we're still eons ahead of the past 20+ campaigns.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

It always seems to come down to let's evaluate down the road. DC is MU's guy period. Only issue will be how far will MLSE will be willing to go into the cap. With renewal of SSH tickets coming mid March we should get good idea based on how much they raise ticket prices.

Comment

Sacramento is really interesting right now.

They are so screwed when it comes to free agency. No one is going there unless they are extremely over paid. So the only way to get better is to trade and draft.

When it comes to trades their biggest asset is going to be picks and cap space. I agree with many posters that Raps could have made a better offer for Boogie but even if Masai wanted him, the Kings might not wanted a package that makes them stronger than the NO one. Vlade is going to be trying to lose every game the rest of the way and hope Philly does the same.

But with their picks they have drafted horribly. Has any team drafted worse in the last 10 years? So maybe they are willing to trade for young guys on multi year deals for at least one of their picks?

Tie into the idea of pick trading they have that terrible pick swap with Philly. So if they hit lottery magic they lose it to Philly. I bet they are praying for Philly to get #1 again.

But when it comes to building their team through the draft, they only have 2017 and 2018 to do it as their 2019 goes to Philly.

That franchise needs stability. They do have a good coach. Now they need young, stable vets.

So how does this relate to Raptors? Young, stable vets (JV/Cojo)....and maybe an old one too (Carroll).

Malachi Richardson is screwed behind Buddy. Maybe Raps can get their/Philly pick if it is in the 5-7 range plus Richardson for JV, CoJo, and Raps 1st? Maybe Raps throw in a lottery protected 2018? Hopefully Raps could get one of Jackson, Tatum, or Isaac.

Probably wishful thinking on my part but I think solves a lot of issues for both teams.

Comment

With PJ Tucker trade and acquiring his Bird Rights, put me on the trade Carroll train.

Only problem is he must have negative net worth.

Comment

I'm already stressed about the offseason lmao. Don't wanna lose any of these assets (not named Carroll or Cojo)
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          I'm already stressed about the offseason lmao. Don't wanna lose any of these assets (not named Carroll or Cojo)
                          I've been jumping through hoops trying to figure a way to just keep Ibaka and Pat without ravaging the team. I think Tucker is a no-go unless he's very cheap, and even then the team might view it as him or Pat, and I'd go with Pat.

But at this point it's moot until after the playoffs, so I'm going to worry about it later. This is as deep as this team will ever be, time to enjoy this run.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

There's a lot of permutations and atm too many variables and unknowns bc they haven't played yet.
                            What's the mle next yr? Gonna have to be clever and lucky...

Comment

Thought I'd bump this thread as the discussion regarding the offseason is heating up.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                                Thought I'd bump this thread as the discussion regarding the offseason is heating up.

Unfortunately keeping everyone is just too expensive, and no one will take on Carroll without getting something back. Hard to say where that leads us, but thankfully - between players on rookie contracts, 2-way contracts with the D-league, etc - we have good balance to weather the storm.

Will we have to dump JV? I guess that's one of the big questions. I don't think it's a must.

Can we re-sign both Patterson and PJ? I don't think so.

Comment

Working...
                                X