Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    With Tony Allen leaving the Grizzlies for the Pelicans, and Zach Randolph already gone, maybe there's a chance that Memphis hastens into a rebuild. Just have to hope Danny Ainge doesn't want Gasol.
    I suspect they give it another kick this year, then maybe trade him in the summer - when we'll be primed to make a trade if this upcoming season warrants it, with our picks freed up and JV on a shorter term deal, and no more hard cap to worry about.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Pelicans should be pretty great on defense but I'm really questioning that spacing, unless Rondo's 37% wasn't just a blip the last 2 years (really low volume though).

Comment

• Where's the Season Opener game thread? I just bought tickets, and I wanna tell everyone about it, dammit!

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          ESPN started their annual NBA Rank tradition.. although looks like they're only doing the top 100. So far no Raptors in the list:
          http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page...players-76-100

Ex Raptors who made the list (so far):

James Johnson @ 93
          Lou Williams @ 81
          Patrick Patterson @ 76

Serge comes in at 69.

Comment

Serge comes in at 69.
            nice
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• This is badass!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Serge comes in at 69.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  This is badass!

Bruno will have #5 and #20 go up at the Hershey Center soon.

Comment

• Josh Richardson just signed an extension a year ahead of being a RFA. 4 year $42 mill.

I'd be willing to bet this same offer is on the table for Norm to sign this fall. Would be great to get him locked up early.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                      Josh Richardson just signed an extension a year ahead of being a RFA. 4 year $42 mill.

I'd be willing to bet this same offer is on the table for Norm to sign this fall. Would be great to get him locked up early.
                      That'd be a hell of a deal to get Norm locked into.

Comment

Josh Richardson just signed an extension a year ahead of being a RFA. 4 year $42 mill.

The money well dried up this year....more than a few players had a pretty sobering experience this FA season.
                        Caldwell Pope for 18M$
                        Pat got 16M$ for 3 years.
                        Waiters 4 and 52m$
                        McLemore 2 and 10
                        Rudy Gay opted out and got 2 over 17 i think

And both Mirotic in Chicago and Green in Memphis who hit RFA.....are still dangling and might have to sign QO or really club friendly deals.

Guts call for Norms agent to take 40 and 4 now or try the market.

Hope he gets as much from the Raps as he can and stays..pretty good raise from 800k to north of 10M$...tempting....Agent better read the market right
                        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Sep 13, 2017, 07:21 PM.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• Valiant effort to keep debate alive in these threads fellas - JV off the bench, DD still not that great, etc. Cause this shit is BOR-ING.

No more games for Austria?

Comment

I dont think Norm is eligible for an extension. Gotta put in 3 years in the league with a 4 year rookie contract.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                              I dont think Norm is eligible for an extension. Gotta put in 3 years in the league with a 4 year rookie contract.
                              He signed a 3 year contract and 3rd is not guaranteed
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Blake Murphy said on Twitter that Josh's numbers are the same as the maximum extension that the Raptors could offer Norm. So yeah, safe to say the same offer is on the table. Whether he signs the extension for security or wants to risk waiting (not much of a risk) for more money as a RFA next summer is the question.
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X