The Toronto Maple leafs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Toronto Maple leafs

Bounced the Preds last night and looked great doing it.

Bout time we start giving these guys a little love. The team looks amazing, super young, poised for the Playoffs.... definitely a good time to be a Toronto Sports fan.

Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Bounced the Preds last night and looked great doing it.

Bout time we start giving these guys a little love. The team looks amazing, super young, poised for the Playoffs.... definitely a good time to be a Toronto Sports fan.
    indeed

Comment

I've been praising these Leafs for quite some time now. Future is bright

Comment

I think its funny that this thread got buried, never showing up on the main page.... the hate for Maple Leaf Hockey here is strong.

Nerds

Comment

I think its funny that this thread got buried, never showing up on the main page.... the hate for Maple Leaf Hockey here is strong.

Nerds
          Craig be like

Comment

Nerds
            Most of us just talk about them in the dedicated NHL thread when we do.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Nerds
              Yes, we definitely need a dedicated space to discuss the Maple Queafs. There's aren't any outlets anywhere in this city/province/country.

Comment

right....

Comment

Leafs looking good this year. Lots of depth up front. Some NHL ready players like Kappanen and Levio won't be on the 20 man roster and then there are more guys behind them like Braco who are going to be pushing.
                  Defense is better than last year but still short a guy who can just pound it from the point on the PP.
                  Goaltending...touch wood...looks solid with Anderson....

First time in a while there is justifiable confidence in Leafs nation.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

For any of the boys from the West.... Whats the deal with the new arena in Calgary ?

Do the Flames ownership want the whole thing underwritten
                    or
                    Are the city and the Flames scrapping about the location of the new place
                    or
                    The term of the lease on the existing building getting in the way ?
                    or
                    ??
                    - TGO

Comment

Nope, because

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Two exhibition losses.

Crazily enough there doesn't appear to be a Fire Babcock thread....a trade Reilly for a bag of pucks thread as the league has passed him by....and a Is Auston Mathews Overated thread....
                        - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          Two exhibition losses.

Crazily enough there doesn't appear to be a Fire Babcock thread....a trade Reilly for a bag of pucks thread as the league has passed him by....and a Is Auston Mathews Overated thread....
                          I believe there's only about 4.5 posters on this forum that even watch or care about the Leafs in thew slightest lol

What's all this Lupul business about? obviously he was drunk on Sunday night when he shared those comments on IG, but why would they be holding him back? I haven't read into it yet, just getting what I've heard on the radio.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                            I believe there's only about 4.5 posters on this forum that even watch or care about the Leafs in thew slightest lol

What's all this Lupul business about? obviously he was drunk on Sunday night when he shared those comments on IG, but why would they be holding him back? I haven't read into it yet, just getting what I've heard on the radio.
                            One of the benefits of having more money than a Swiss bank is that the leafs can simply buy their way out of bad deals.

Lupul is getting his 5m$ dollars a year on the IR and is being told its that or he will be bought out for less. It works for the leafs much like the Nathan Horton deal where both guys go on long term IR and simply get paid to not play and not take up an active roster spot. The leafs can work the nhls hard cap to their advantage so everyone is ok with this charade as they can Get cap relief to a percentage of how much is tied up in long term IR and free up room to play a young player. So Lupul gets to surfi in Cali or board somewhere in the Rockies and cash his cheques. No doubt he can play but the leafs don't want him or need him to.

Edit: When your as flush with cash as the leafs ...this works. If Lupul was with another team he would be playing.
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Sep 24, 2017, 04:50 PM.
                            - TGO

Comment

For the first time in .. like forever it seems....the Leafs seem to be clicking ...
                              Goaltending looks good .. forwards can score and skate really well...
                              Defense is by committee but needs to be better...

They can still use a thumper on the point for the PP... The PP is good but it will be better if there is a guy on the blue line who can just pound it...

The NHL is a mans league and pretty well all of the Leafs skill guys are under 22... thats going to be an issue if they can get into the second round when the going gets tougher... They are holding their own now.. but 22 years vs 28 -30 years is a big hill.

Who could come out of the east and west for the Cup......

in the west St. Louis, Nashville and the surprising Kings....
                              in the east... Tampa Columbus, Pittsburgh
                              - TGO

Comment

Working...
                              X