No announcement yet.

The Toronto Maple leafs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well last night Stammer and the Lightning came to town. Fans who love old style firewagon hockey got treated to a hell of a game. Damn those guys went up and down the ice all night long at serious speed and generated a lot of chances in tight.

Only two goals as both goalies stood on their heads.

Hell of game.

Hard to see who is going to knock off the Lightning in the east.... NJ and the Leafs are as fast and can score but don't go as deep. Blue Jackets and Caps might be able to slow them down as they have some pretty wide bodies up front but not sure if they could do it over a 7 game series.

Still early.. but right now... TampaBay is the team to beat.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      in the west St. Louis, Nashville and the surprising Kings....
      in the east... Tampa Columbus, Pittsburgh
      I'd have the Jets slotted in as the playoff dark horse instead of the Kings, actually.

(Yes, I'm being a bit of Jets homer here, but as I write this, the Jets are on top of the Central Division and second in the conference to the Golden Knights, so it's not a completely outlandish suggestion.)

Comment

TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
        I'd have the Jets slotted in as the playoff dark horse instead of the Kings, actually.

(Yes, I'm being a bit of Jets homer here, but as I write this, the Jets are on top of the Central Division and second in the conference to the Golden Knights, so it's not a completely outlandish suggestion.)
        Yes the Jets are good....and you will get Schife back for the playoffs....still looking twice at the guy between the pipes as the make or break in the post season for your Jets..where the Kings with not as much talent up front and on the backline has a big equalizer in Quick....regardless .....pulling for as many Canadian teams as possible to hang around after the first round
        - TGO

Comment

Las Vegas.

So far, they and Tampa are looking the the teams. I have to admit, didn't see either being as dominant.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
            Las Vegas.

So far, they and Tampa are looking the the teams. I have to admit, didn't see either being as dominant.
            Well the great equalizer has popped its head up... Hedman got hurt last night... looked like a knee... but all we will get from the NHL is "an upper body injury" despite the clip that showed his knee buckle as he rubbed a guy out along the wall...

I keep waiting for midnight and the Knights to turn into pumpkins but after half the season the record isn't a mirage.. They have a couple of goal scorers in Neal and Marchessault ... a guy having a career year (Karlson) ....and they have a guy between the pipes that can win games without much help with Fleury....

It would be the story of the year.. but can't see them making it out of the second round.
            - TGO

Comment

Working...
            X