Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    Playoffs? They won't hold on to that 7th spot
    They won't. They will finish 6th imo. Raps 3rd.

Comment

• We need to take both those wizards games or we'll be hard pressed to catch them even. 2 games back with 25 remaining is no small feat when they're rolling. We have to go probably 18-7 if we split those wiz games.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        They won't. They will finish 6th imo. Raps 3rd.
        6th? You mean 9th right? Look at their schedule

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
          6th? You mean 9th right? Look at their schedule
          I say they'll finish 6th. At worst 8th seed imo

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            I say they'll finish 6th. At worst 8th seed imo
            Lets hope they implode further.

Comment

• [QUOTE=KeonClark;723454]DD and Lowry don't get the same respect as other top 20 players. Blame canada.[/QUOTE

Understandable but frustrating. 3 articles on the espn NBA front page about that call (which was probably right). Derozan gets the wrong call (confirmed by the league) and ........nothing.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                As someone pointed out basketball is mental and for some reason Demar has lost his positive decision making of early season. Early if his shot was not going he became a distributor then came back to his shot later when the opposing team had to adjust to his distributor mode. He seems to not to have that flexibility and mental strength now.
                In pressure situations, there's a tendency to revert back to old habits. That's why I don't have much faith in DeMar's game come April.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Jclaw;723489]
                  KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  DD and Lowry don't get the same respect as other top 20 players. Blame canada.[/QUOTE

Understandable but frustrating. 3 articles on the espn NBA front page about that call (which was probably right). Derozan gets the wrong call (confirmed by the league) and ........nothing.
                  There's still a difference between an agressive take where you have a high probability of getting fouled by an overplaying defender & throwing up an attempt that has no chance of scoring but you hope you get fouled. It's great when anybody, including DeRozan, is doing the former. It's always a risky idea to go for the latter, especially with a game winning attempt. You are literally asking the refs to decide the game for you and they're going to get it wrong sometimes.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• [QUOTE=S.R.;723501]
                    Jclaw wrote: View Post

There's still a difference between an agressive take where you have a high probability of getting fouled by an overplaying defender & throwing up an attempt that has no chance of scoring but you hope you get fouled. It's great when anybody, including DeRozan, is doing the former. It's always a risky idea to go for the latter, especially with a game winning attempt. You are literally asking the refs to decide the game for you and they're going to get it wrong sometimes.
                    Admittedly I haven't seen the Butler play...so I can't really comment on it. I stand by my respect statement though
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Admittedly I haven't seen the Butler play...so I can't really comment on it. I stand by my respect statement though
                      It's earlier in this thread.

http://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/sh...l=1#post723449

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        LOL if that's a foul then DeRozan definitely.got fouled.
                        You know the NBA said Demar got fouled in the L2M report right??

There's no debate whether Demar got fouled. He was fouled and it says so in the report.

Little things/biases like this make a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post

There's no debate whether Demar got fouled. He was fouled and it says so in the report.

https://frinkiac.com/gif/S06E16/800282/802367/

Comment

• The way the ref called the butler foul was a bit strange. He watched the ball until it was clearly gonna be short and then quickly made the call. He didn't make the call on the release. His head followed the ball. Only other thing to me was that he was looked back after the shot and called smart for crowding butler's landing spot on the way down. If so, thats really weak call for last shot to win. The other ref never flinched and he was equidistant with clear line of sight.

Comment

• What? You can make gifs at Frinkiac too??? Oh the possibilities....

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post

Probably would have been better if the raptors just didn't blow their leads so it wouldn't come down to counting on refs for a call.
                                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                                Because its 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X